• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Kegs Online Specials

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KGB

Reaction score
Probably could have been in the retail section but I have nothing to do with KOL apart from being on their email list. I got this email this morning and figured it sounded pretty good:
This is just a short email to let you know were running a Keg Special!
2 x 18lt ball lock kegs for only $99.00 (No singles - just boxes of two.)
2 x 18lt ball lock kegs with Drip tray for only $150.00
Please go to the web site for all the details and photos: www.kegsonline.com.au

Regards,
KOLA.
Finegrove Pty Ltd
T/As Kegs On Line Australia
ABN 63 105 776 323

I had a quick look at the website and I think it says they are cleaned and pressure tested kegs. From memory postage was ~$10 when I bought my very first kegs from them just over a year ago. I now have 7 kegs and am trying unsuccessfully to convince myself I need more... I do need a drip tray though!

KGB.

Considering getting another two to make it five at my place. Checked the postage and it's $17.45 to Brisbane, plus $3.50 packaging fee so $120 all up.

Also the cheapest 2 keg start-up kit I have seen. Less than $350 delivered.

Also the cheapest 2 keg start-up kit I have seen. Less than $350 delivered.

That is a steal, why on earth would you bother bottling?
Great to see Neil from KOL having a good crack at this new venture.
Drink up
James

I've bought kegs from them before, postage was pretty reasonable and quite quick, they were fine to deal with.

The kegs arent cleaned though, just pressure tested. In fact they say just that on the website:

The kegs sold are second hand unless otherwise stated. They may have some small dints and residual syrup. The kegs are not cleaned and may have product stickers and other identifying markings attached. The kegs are guaranteed to always be serviced!

What type of kegs are these? Are spare parts readily available?

Here is a link to photos of the kegs -> Kegsonline

What type of kegs are these? Are spare parts readily available?

Here is a link to photos of the kegs -> Kegsonline

They are a type of cornie keg, just a different top to the ones you see most commonly. Parts are readily available.

I ordered 4 earlier today, I couldn't believe the price, now I just need to wait for the banks to get the money across to them.

You would think transfers these days would be instant or near enough :rolleyes:

I would have liked to get the setup with the tap but I'm not real confident with my fridge modification abilities. Anyone use a gun? Anyone know of this brand of gun (Photo and name)? I'm thinkin this would be ok for a starter and maybe just mutilate the door seal instead.

In case you are not aware....

We've had a price guarentee on kegs for a while now - We'll beat any retail advertised price by 5%.

cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

If it's that easy - I'm in. Don't you have to pull the inside of the door off and stuff around to get at it?

No not really. Just drill your way through the inside of the door as you would with the front. Pretty Simple.

Grab yourself a cheap hole saw (i bought a cheap set of hole saws from bunnings for like $9...did the job and if I need it for some other basic low quality job they are there to use) and then just go for it.

You might have to put a spacer in the door so that the inside of the door (the plastic) doesnt bend in when you do up the taps. To do this all I did was get some PVC pipe, cut a slot down the length of it so I could roll it over itself to fit it in the hole and then when its in place it expands back out and the tap shank just went through the pvc pipe. (hope that makes sense)

We've had a price guarentee on kegs for a while now - We'll beat any retail advertised price by 5%.

Ross is never far from a great deal. :p .... Good work there Ross.

Cheers, Pok

In case you are not aware....

cheers

Ross
CraftBrewer

G'day Ross, fancy seeing you in this thread!

James

5%??? Even Bunnings offer 10%! C'mon Ross!

Well 5% price match discount or not, I just received my 4 kegs from Kegs Online and I'm pretty happy.

Ordered Friday last week, transferred cash Tuesday. Got dispatch notice lunchtime on Thursday, kegs arrived before 8am on Friday! Can't complain about that delivery time.

Kegs do have a coupe of dings and a few stickers on them, but a bit of elbow grease and they'll be all nice and shiny in no time.

Do these guys offer pick up?

If so I would be keen for one keg. Is there anyone else around that want to get one keg?

Cheers, Tae.

Just ordered the 2 kega and drip tray special too good to pass up and a mate is going to buy the drip tray from me as i already have one so i will pass half the cost of postage on as well

Special was $150 with postage $168 to country vic

Latest posts

Back