KegLand Stock?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were in stock since 2 hours ago.

Source - I have a bot alerting for stock, a friend was also chasing one.

#27 "If you need a 6 keg unit then we do already have the Series X Plus that will take 6 kegs fine"
You are stating that you have a 6 keg series X, when in fact you do not, according to your website Series X Plus - Kegerator Base Fridge with Regulator they are out of stock, it states available 11th Nov, email when back in stock.
No great surprise that here we are on 11th Nov and they still show as out of stock, so my "issue" in this case is your sales spiel about a product that you don't even have. my previous "issue" #29 is your apparent belief that we on this forum are stupid enough to be taken in by your hogwash. If you want to make outlandish claims then you better be willing and able to back them up with some hard facts.
There are some on this forum that think Kegland is a protected species, I'm not one of them, keep your sales gibberish for your own thread.
If you need further help understanding my "issue" please PM me, filling the forum with comment like this is not helping anybody.

I must say I did not check the stock level prior to this comment but I also did not expect to be taken literally as we have stock right now. The Series X Plus comes in and out of stock as containers arrive. If I look back into the last few containers we had containers arrive:

11th September - Sold out in a few hours
28th September - sold out in 1 day
6th October - Sold out in 1 day
22nd October - Sold out in 1 day
5th November - We have a container that landed only hrs ago but this will porbably sell out by tomorrow or shortly after.

NOTE: I think the website said available from 11th November. This was our best estimate and we have put a few days buffer onto most shipment dates as many containers at the moment have been delayed in port, or through customs, or just cannot get into port and are waiting on the water for an available slot at port. In this particular instance the Series X Plus did not have much delay and is in stock now. We did not know about it being released until this morning.

So,yes it's fair to say that we are do not have sufficient stock. This product is also getting sent to Europe, America, Phillipines, South America and many other countries but we simply cannot get enough stock manufactured to satisfy the demand for this product and even with multiple containers a month we cannot keep up.

If you feel that I have I am being "deceptive" or talking "hogwash" all I can say is I am sorry that what I have said is perceived this way. Hopefully if you miss out one shipment then all you have to do is wait a couple weeks and we will have more stock arrive.

We have also experienced similar issues with other suppliers to us too. For instance we ordered a whole container of Ooni Pizza Ovens and these have been delayed several times and by the time they arrive in December we will have waited almost 4 months.

I am not sure if some of you guys on this thread really understand how fucked up shipping is at the moment. There is now way to give an accurate date of arrival as it is so unpredictable.

I am no KL supporter nor detractor (though for transparency I have purchased from them and will again along with many other suppliers), however deal with importing and must admit the nitpicking over estimated dates is frustrating as ****. Yeah it’s annoying when a date for a particular product gets pushed back but KL don’t have any control over it.

In saying that, some sort of preordering needs to be established as I agree that it is frustrating when waiting for a combination of items, only to have an in stock item go out of stock when the out of stock item comes in.

I am not sure if some of you guys on this thread really understand how fucked up shipping is at the moment. There is now way to give an accurate date of arrival as it is so unpredictable.

I am no KL supporter nor detractor (though for transparency I have purchased from them and will again along with many other suppliers), however deal with importing and must admit the nitpicking over estimated dates is frustrating as ****. Yeah it’s annoying when a date for a particular product gets pushed back but KL don’t have any control over it.

In saying that, some sort of preordering needs to be established as I agree that it is frustrating when waiting for a combination of items, only to have an in stock item go out of stock when the out of stock item comes in.
Totally agree with the pre ordering. I don't see how it's so hard to have an item paid for sitting where it would normally reside awaiting other items to arrive so it can all be shipped at once. Obviously within reason in relation to the items being back in stock.

If you look at the history of the KL 'stock' even before COVID and before Scomo pissed off the Chinese, the same thing was going on. Stock was coming in and if you blinked you missed it gone on for an age. Running a business is about giving thought to the stock needed. It's fine saying the growth in turnover is 50% per annum, but a business doesn't run on turnover. Start a price war and everyone loses, not just the gross margin of the whole saler. Small retailers, how are they supposed to survive competing with a wholesaler who has slashed prices to not much more than their retailers are buying them for.
Point has been missed. WEAL you are very good at turning around a discussion to push your agenda. I think your pent up anger may be best served by being channeled into your brewing, maybe then your posts on this forum would be worth reading.

No further comment from me.

This thread is one example of the type of thing that is killing this forum. I don't know about other people, but I (used to) come here to be a better brewer. To learn things, to explore new ideas & options and to help others when I can. These days the signal-to-noise ratio on this forum is not very good.

The constant tirades against Kegland are off-putting. The relentless criticism seems to come at every opportunity and is frequently phrased using antagonising language. I think this forum would be a nicer place if the conversation took a more constructive approach.

This thread is one example of the type of thing that is killing this forum. I don't know about other people, but I (used to) come here to be a better brewer. To learn things, to explore new ideas & options and to help others when I can. These days the signal-to-noise ratio on this forum is not very good.

The constant tirades against Kegland are off-putting. The relentless criticism seems to come at every opportunity and is frequently phrased using antagonising language. I think this forum would be a nicer place if the conversation took a more constructive approach.
Whatever you do don't go on the Face book page, this is nothing compared to there, and yet the forums are thriving, not like this one. Or take the other site which isn't to be mentioned that is quieter than here. So the theory that a bit of (deserved) criticism doesn't drive people away.

Facebook’s business model is to find out what gets each person fired up, then feed it to them.

This is a brewing forum. Maybe a small number of people get worked up about the kl vs kk wars, but that’s really off putting to the rest of us.

The thing this place has going for it is it’s long catalog of informative threads and a small number of very knowledgeable brewers who persist despite the crap.

But if you’re new to brewing and were casually browsing this site, the sort of crap on this thread would put you off for life.

Facebook’s business model is to find out what gets each person fired up, then feed it to them.

This is a brewing forum. Maybe a small number of people get worked up about the kl vs kk wars, but that’s really off putting to the rest of us.

The thing this place has going for it is it’s long catalog of informative threads and a small number of very knowledgeable brewers who persist despite the crap.

But if you’re new to brewing and were casually browsing this site, the sort of crap on this thread would put you off for life.
I was just looking at the views that the thread has attracted and I think a lot of people would disagree. 2,000 that is well over the usual. On a forum there are options to which threads are viewed, the options are it is up to you. I am of the conclusion that a robust discussion is what the forum needs.
002.JPG

My LBS North of Brisbane usually has KL products in stock at similarish prices when you factor in shipping. Pretty sure they have Series X Kegerators too (at least there was one on the floor when I visited on Tuesday).
What shop please mate. I’m chasing one

Not really, I just have a problem with bs, and using early adopters as beta testers is bs.
New brewers might actually benefit from criticism levelled at suppliers, they can read both sides of the argument and make their own minds up, whereas looking at a suppliers thread is more like joining a fan club.

#41 "If you need further help understanding my "issue" please PM me, filling the forum with comment like this is not helping anybody"
You can't say I didn't try.
They look in stock to me?? What’s your gripe?

Agree tony, unless you’re in the game you wouldn’t believe it. I import food and we had a container due on 5/11. I asked for an update on 2/11 to plan the unload and it has been delayed until early December. One container a few weeks ago was due in to port on a Saturday and into me on Tuesday, on Monday I was told the ship diverted to noumea and I’ll see it in 3 weeks. Problem is getting empty containers, then getting a space on a boat. It’s also gone up in price threefold for many routes

I was just looking at the views that the thread has attracted and I think a lot of people would disagree. 2,000 that is well over the usual. On a forum there are options to which threads are viewed, the options are it is up to you. I am of the conclusion that a robust discussion is what the forum needs.
View attachment 121437

I don't think it's necessarily a sign forum members want this type of "robust discussion" but possibly a bit more akin to people slowing down to stickybeak at a car crash.

Robust discussion is a laughable angle to push, especially with your posting history.

Most people are probably baited into the thread by the title suggesting there might be stock of the desirable products KL advertise that are often difficult to purchase due to pandemic / supply chain / trade / UFO issues etc.

It's no surprise that this forum is dead, the surprising thing for me is that sponsors continue to pay for sponsorship. This forum is effectively unmoderated and is a shadow of what it once was. I keep an occasional tab on it for precisely one reason - to see what new products might be coming to market from forum sponsors - but the vibe here is absolutely trash.

I don't have any horses in any races and both KK and KL have provided me with good and bad experiences over the years. It is obvious that there are half a dozen or so anti-KL posters in this place that wheel out the predictable propaganda whenever they get a chance. Now that lockdowns have lifted one might have thought they might have something better to do than bury the slither of a reputation that AHB still has - alas this isn't the case.

Thankfully some of us who've been around for a while have made sure the recipes, wikis and how-tos of note will survive after this place is gone.

RIP AHB.

It's no surprise that this forum is dead, the surprising thing for me is that sponsors continue to pay for sponsorship. This forum is effectively unmoderated and is a shadow of what it once was. I keep an occasional tab on it for precisely one reason - to see what new products might be coming to market from forum sponsors - but the vibe here is absolutely trash.
If you want to see a dead forum then take a look at the other Australian forum, started off with 300 members within 24 hour period now lucky to hit 50 members /24 hours, in decline more than here. When moderators here used that as a model (the moderators on here are active on the other forum and founder members) then it is hardly surprising it sends this forum into a nose dive.
It is hardly surprising there are differences of opinion, that is how life works, eliminating everything that a moderator doesn't agree with just won't work.
I am on other forums with a lot more lively debates about everything and they are thriving.

(the moderators on here are active on the other forum and founder members)

Moderator.. singular, I'm not one anymore. That only leaves philrob.

Pretty sure my main activity over there is in relation to the vic case swap and one other humorous/ fun threads about "controversial opinions".

If you were referring to me as one of those moderators.... wrong in two counts. Not a moderator, and hardly active over there.

But i still love you Reg.

I am the sole moderator on here now.
I am not one on the other forum, and although joined there, and visit from time to time, you won't recognise me.

This thread has been allowed to continue but has taken some major detours.
I believe enough has been aired to allow everyone to have their say who wanted to have a say.
As such, I've deleted many of the posts on here which I consider to not really contribute anything of value.

If you want to start a beef, start a new thread in the Off Topic area, but be aware of libel laws. If I consider it is skating on thin ice, I'll delete it. And yes, I have had legal training, so I have a fair idea what I'm talking about.

I am the sole moderator on here now.
I am not one on the other forum, and although joined there, and visit from time to time, you won't recognise me.

This thread has been allowed to continue but has taken some major detours.
I believe enough has been aired to allow everyone to have their say who wanted to have a say.
As such, I've deleted many of the posts on here which I consider to not really contribute anything of value.

If you want to start a beef, start a new thread in the Off Topic area, but be aware of libel laws. If I consider it is skating on thin ice, I'll delete it. And yes, I have had legal training, so I have a fair idea what I'm talking about.
Then why did you not move the thread to off topic. I see what has been deleted are the replies to posts which have been left up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back