Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not so much a question, just wanted to give a shout out to Adam from Kegland customer support - had a recent order that was missing a small piece, but he's sorted that out quickly and efficiently, so thanks!
Thanks for that. We appreciate it. I will pass that onto him.

@KegLand-com-au any chance of you selling the flexi-arm seals as replacement spares? First mash I did I dropped the seal into the mash bed (got it at the end) as these fall out very easily, I’m certain I’ll lose some along the way so good to have a bag of them handy please.
Also any updates on your quick swivel connectors and if you’ll do a quick connect to 1.5” TC or 3/4” TC?

We do not stock that exact replacement washer at this stage. We have some similar sized washers that might work for you such as these:

The large washer in this kit fits ok:
https://www.kegland.com.au/products...-filling-adaptor?_pos=23&_sid=84189c9ac&_ss=r

If you dont mind using an o-ring profile then this one is the correct diameter:
https://www.kegland.com.au/products...silicone-10-pack?_pos=20&_sid=5f201dd4b&_ss=r

I have a Brewzilla gen 4... I want to do BIAB... no sparging ...should I consider the dead space below the false bottom?

The dead space is quite small but it's still a good idea to adjust for this in your recipe.

@KegLand-com-au can you use the temperature reading from the pill to control the RAPT temp controller?

Yes absolutely. We have many customers doing this and in my opinion it's the much better way to go especially if you are using e fermenter with a stainless steel wall as we have had much more success transmitting bluetooth signal through stainless rather than wifi.

@KegLand-com-au can you please consider selling Lutra dried yeast? It's by far the most popular yeast for hard seltzers (and even pseudo lagers if you're that way inclined)

Hello Warwick. We might have a better solution for hard setzers on the horizon. Is it possible for you to share your hard setzer recipe with us? Also where abouts are you located?

@KegLand-com-au is there any update on when the smaller RAPT fermentation chamber will be available?

Also, in the larger ferm chamber, can you fit two 30l all rounders with butterfly clips installed for the hop bong? I don't want to need to remove the lid to install the hop bong if I can avoid it.

Any chance of making something like this for keezers?

Hello Warwick. We might have a better solution for hard setzers on the horizon. Is it possible for you to share your hard setzer recipe with us? Also where abouts are you located?
I'm in SE suburbs Melbourne. For a 23L batch I normally run with 2kg dextrose plus plenty of nutrients (8g DAP & 20g general yeast nutrient). Ferment hot with Lutra then add flavors (I like fresh lemon juice plus additional citric acid).

I've tried other Kveiks including Voss and the issue is it's not as clean and throws off some orange which can pigeonhole your flavor profile. That's where Lutra is king.

I'm in SE suburbs Melbourne. For a 23L batch I normally run with 2kg dextrose plus plenty of nutrients (8g DAP & 20g general yeast nutrient). Ferment hot with Lutra then add flavors (I like fresh lemon juice plus additional citric acid).

I've tried other Kveiks including Voss and the issue is it's not as clean and throws off some orange which can pigeonhole your flavor profile. That's where Lutra is king.

Yes the Kveik and Voss are really not clean enough for this job. Maybe try EC1118.

I would also avoid the use of DAP if you want to get clean results. Good yeast nutrient is a must if you want to do this job really well.

Also yeast nutrient that is derived from other dead yeast cells is also something I would recommend against as this also can produce a small amount of off flavor and also the secondary issue is that dead yeast cells come with additional protein and this also makes it harder to clarify the product later too.

Any news on the punchy "reboot"? Keen to try the toffee apple you mentioned on the website, but can't get the apple now 😁

If it's a while off, are there any alternatives you could recommend in the meantime 😜

Any news on the punchy "reboot"? Keen to try the toffee apple you mentioned on the website, but can't get the apple now 😁

If it's a while off, are there any alternatives you could recommend in the meantime 😜
The punchy flavors are being rebranded under the Impressence brand name and we are changing the pack size.

What we are going to do is offer the same flavours in smaller sachet pack and they will also be slightly cheaper too but made so one sachet suits one 20L batch.

Previously all the punchy flavors were were sold in 50ml and 100ml highly concentrated containers and these were way more than what customers needed. For instance the 100ml bottle would be about to make about 200L of finished beverage in some instances. Some customers simply would not get through this in a reasonable amount of time. Also we wanted to use the flavors in some kits but it made the beer kits too expensive.

The punchy flavors are being rebranded under the Impressence brand name and we are changing the pack size.

What we are going to do is offer the same flavours in smaller sachet pack and they will also be slightly cheaper too but made so one sachet suits one 20L batch.

Previously all the punchy flavors were were sold in 50ml and 100ml highly concentrated containers and these were way more than what customers needed. For instance the 100ml bottle would be about to make about 200L of finished beverage in some instances. Some customers simply would not get through this in a reasonable amount of time. Also we wanted to use the flavors in some kits but it made the beer kits too expensive.
That makes sense - those impressence sachets are pretty handy so sounds like a good move.

Thanks for the update!

Hi I just purchased 4x KL 17817 nukatap- FC shuttles Gen 2 only to discover that I also need an additional spring (x4) to upgrade my original taps however I can’t find them anywhere. Can you assist please.

Yes these are on order. We have a bunch of new BrewBuilt hardware on the way actually so it would be good to get this underway. I dont have an exact arrival date but they will come within the next few months.
any update on this? - was initially asking regarding the castors for the 95L x2, but also be keen to know what other hardware you're bringing in.

any update on this? - was initially asking regarding the castors for the 95L x2, but also be keen to know what other hardware you're bringing in.
We are just working with MoreBeer on this one. We have to wait for them to release the new range. I thought we would have this by now but unfortunately we are still waiting on the release date from them.

In a bit of strife at home with the kegerator door being left slightly ajar a few times... 1st issue is that ice has formed at the back of the kegerator, the second and more significant issue is subsequent open door events have allowed the ice to melt and drip onto the hardwood floor of the living room causing staining. Do you think there is a market for a bespoke washing machine pan style solution that fits the kegland kegerators nice and snug so it doesn't look like a fridge in a trough?

In a bit of strife at home with the kegerator door being left slightly ajar a few times... 1st issue is that ice has formed at the back of the kegerator, the second and more significant issue is subsequent open door events have allowed the ice to melt and drip onto the hardwood floor of the living room causing staining. Do you think there is a market for a bespoke washing machine pan style solution that fits the kegland kegerators nice and snug so it doesn't look like a fridge in a trough?

We do find the ice formation is far worse with the older models of kegerator such as the Series 4 model (or XL) model. As these models have a smaller evaporator they are forced to run for substantially longer duty cycle and this causes more ice to build up on the evaporator. So it's quite possible that if you have a Series X that this issue is reduced.

It's generally an issue when the amount of ice melts is larger than the total size the evaporator tray can handle and in this instance this leads to the evaporator tray overflowing but this overflowing normally happens out of the back of the fridge not the front. If this is your issue and you are getting the evaporator tray above the compressor overflow one thing you can easily do is find the vinyl tubing that comes out of the back of the fridge and divert it away from the evaporator tray and into a container or bottle that you can leave at the back of the fridge.

This thread is because we have been getting some questions from our customers and often we are answering the same questions to multiple different people and perhaps the more efficient way to handle these questions is through a public forum.

Also as we feel that we have a team of staff with a fairly wide range of experience especially in the keg dispensing hardware field we feel that this can also be an area for customers to ask us about specific advice on how to use gear.

It should be noted that we have our own business called www.KegLand.com.au and some customers might find our advice or insight to be biased because we are a retailer of keg dispensing hardware. With that said, we are passionate about the industry and we have a genuine interest in making sure customers get good advice so they are educated enough to make better beer and make good choices when putting together keg systems.

So if you have any questions related to our gear or other keg dispensing gear. Please feel free to ask us on this thread.
I'm considering buying the KegLand 32L SS Conical Fermenter. I would like to know if it is recommended to remove the dump valve & racking arm to sanitise (perhaps boil) to clean after each Brew or just run a no rinse sanitising through those taps? Cheers ianW

I'm considering buying the KegLand 32L SS Conical Fermenter. I would like to know if it is recommended to remove the dump valve & racking arm to sanitise (perhaps boil) to clean after each Brew or just run a no rinse sanitising through those taps? Cheers ianW

https://www.kegland.com.au/products/32l-304-stainless-steel-conical-fermenter

Just to confirm we are talking about the one in the link above. I am sure a lot of customers use sanitiser just to clean these dump valves out. With that said this type of ball valve has small cavities around the ball and I would recommend boiling between uses as it only takes a few moments to remove the ball valve and it may save you an infection.

Latest posts

Back