Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If anyone is wondering what happens when you submerge your rapt pill in hot water, let me save you the trouble... BOOM

Straight from the hot tap so about 70 degrees I reckon. Should have anticipated it.
Interesting as my iSpindel regularly sees 55-60C PBW after use. No issues and 30+ batches logged across two units.

I've recently changed the head on my 25 watt magnetic drive pump to the T.C. version. With the T.C. clamp on, the pump doesn't sit correctly. It would be cool if you guys bought out either a new bracket to replace the existing one or a platform that you could screw to using the existing bracket

That is interesting. Anyone @KegLand-com-au have any thoughts on this?

We generally do not recommend putting the pill into water this hot water and we state the product has maximum temp range up to 60C (this is partly to also protect the battery. Li-Ion batteries do not like getting hot at all). The customer mentioned that they used 70C hot water.

I should say that if you did put an ispindle into hot water of the same temperature (70C) the housing would actually start melting as PET has even lower melting point that Nylon 12 and Polyketone that we use in the Pill Hydrometer housing.

Last edited:
I've recently changed the head on my 25 watt magnetic drive pump to the T.C. version. With the T.C. clamp on, the pump doesn't sit correctly. It would be cool if you guys bought out either a new bracket to replace the existing one or a platform that you could screw to using the existing bracket

Yes you will require slightly more clearance under the pump. so you can easily remove the TC clamp.

When you purchase the pump has a complete assembly it comes with taller than standard legs here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/products...2BcvlNkQ-ek0aasgyDr_HWOmSWXtLqehoC3O4QAvD_BwE
If however you have an older pump that you are upgrading then you want to pack the legs up with some washers. We could make a special kit for this but I think a few washers is going to be the cheapest option as you only need to raise the pump slightly.

Kegland. What pump do you suggest people pair with the g40 in order to pair it with the cooling coil?

Also, Are we meant to use the 6mm outlet plugs, or the drain hole?

Last edited:
the sticker says G40 - i presume its an older model though.... Its the second hand version that Kegland recently sold for $250

But yeah, G40.1 is basically what it is. Good to clarify.

Yes that is correct this model of G40 is designed to chill beer between your keg to tap. Normally for fermenters it's best to use this model that has pumps already integrated which is the G40.1.

With that said if you already have the first option I would remove the impeller pump unit and replace this with this type of bucket blaster pump:
Replacement Bucket Blaster Submersible Pump 2000L/H, 3.2m Head - AU Plug

Then what I would do is control this pump to turn on and off using the RAPT temp controller.

Couple random questions for KL;
1. Any chance you could add a function on your site to filter by available products? I.e when browsing in 'hops' I could filter so all sold out hops appear at the end?
2. How do you determine what gets bumped up or down on your production/order list? E.g If a product sells out in two seconds do you look at that as not enough was initially ordered/manufactured or that there is a demand enough to order substantially more on the next order?
3.With items that have been out of stock for a significant amount of time when do you decide they just won't be supplied any more?

FWIW I like that you guys are always trying to innovate and do better, offer more products etc but what is the point of having 100 items listed when only 39 are available at any given time (poor generalisation to emphasise the point).

Couple random questions for KL;
1. Any chance you could add a function on your site to filter by available products? I.e when browsing in 'hops' I could filter so all sold out hops appear at the end?
2. How do you determine what gets bumped up or down on your production/order list? E.g If a product sells out in two seconds do you look at that as not enough was initially ordered/manufactured or that there is a demand enough to order substantially more on the next order?
3.With items that have been out of stock for a significant amount of time when do you decide they just won't be supplied any more?

FWIW I like that you guys are always trying to innovate and do better, offer more products etc but what is the point of having 100 items listed when only 39 are available at any given time (poor generalisation to emphasise the point).

1. This has been completed for you. Please find this setting in the filters:
1698315221620.png

2. For stock levels this is difficult for new product especially as we have no sales data so we generally have a guess and then continually increase the stock until we stop selling out of the product. For mature products where we have sales data it's a lot easier as we can look at the sales history. When this data is available we are generally ordering about 3 months stock at a time. Hops in particular can be tricky as these do actually sell out and the growers of the hops literally have no stock until the following year which is often the case. The hops will be available again in the future when the next crop becomes available. We do forward cotract some of the big movers where we know they sell out.

The Quick Swivel connects are a new range of products. We are definitely looking for suggestions on what parts you think you need as we would like to increase this range of connector types.

We only have plans to have these attach to 1/2" threads at this stage but ultimately we would like to make a whole lot of fittings that will connect other fittings to the 1/2" thread.
That’s great, if you can adapt to TC I think that would be very handy in many vessel and fermenter instances!

Also my Cannular can filler has a temp error 4095 in diagnostics, I’ve updated the firmware to the latest and it appears working otherwise (awesome product btw!!!).
What is the temp sensor needed for? Posting here to assist anyone else who is setting theirs up at the moment.

That’s great, if you can adapt to TC I think that would be very handy in many vessel and fermenter instances!

Also my Cannular can filler has a temp error 4095 in diagnostics, I’ve updated the firmware to the latest and it appears working otherwise (awesome product btw!!!).
What is the temp sensor needed for? Posting here to assist anyone else who is setting theirs up at the moment.

Thanks for your support! We have not really done any promotion for this product and it's already selling quite well so we appreciate it.

I would just ignor that error. The new firmware and your current PCB board also has the ability to display the temperature of the beer inside the can/bottle. In order to use this feature you have to purchase a separate instant read thermometer that clips onto the filling tube. You will have to probably drill a hole in the housing of the case which is quite easy to do.

The reason we started to use this instant read thermometer is that we felt that most issues people will have with foaming beer when filling cans/bottles is due to the temperature being too warm. As a result we thought it would be good to have a thermometer that you can plug into the RAPT Can and Bottle Filler so the temperature of the beer is displayed on the screen (and also reported to the RAPT portal too as this helps our customer service team troubleshoot problems).

We were not going to publicly talk about this feature until we did a video on the product but seeing as you have raised this issue I may as well give you the explanation. The fact that you do not have a temp probe installed is the reason for your error in the diagnostics. I am surprised you look in that area as most customers never look at the diagnostics screen.

Thanks for your support! We have not really done any promotion for this product and it's already selling quite well so we appreciate it.

I would just ignor that error. The new firmware and your current PCB board also has the ability to display the temperature of the beer inside the can/bottle. In order to use this feature you have to purchase a separate instant read thermometer that clips onto the filling tube. You will have to probably drill a hole in the housing of the case which is quite easy to do.

The reason we started to use this instant read thermometer is that we felt that most issues people will have with foaming beer when filling cans/bottles is due to the temperature being too warm. As a result we thought it would be good to have a thermometer that you can plug into the RAPT Can and Bottle Filler so the temperature of the beer is displayed on the screen (and also reported to the RAPT portal too as this helps our customer service team troubleshoot problems).

We were not going to publicly talk about this feature until we did a video on the product but seeing as you have raised this issue I may as well give you the explanation. The fact that you do not have a temp probe installed is the reason for your error in the diagnostics. I am surprised you look in that area as most customers never look at the diagnostics screen.
Thank you. I always browse through all menus on new gear but I can be a bit fastidious like that.

I have done about 60 cans thus far and it worked great. The software is easy to make adjustments on the fly and the ability to manually press the pinch solenoid valve is excellent if you get an underfill or not enough foam. It would be nice to have a gas purge button similarly to squirt some gas to create foam if you don’t get a layer of foam. But that’s a Wishlist, not essential.

I did run in to one problem, the liquid silicone tube blew off the elbow barb after a while and made a little mess. Perhaps some type of removable/reusable hose clamp is essential on that barb? Can you recommend something? The stepless ones would be enjoying if you want yo remove the tube for cleaning etc.

Finally, the buttons are a touch dodgy to press. It appears the screen is on a slight angle so the up/down are fine, but the back and select buttons feel different and don’t always register a press because they are slight farther away from the screen buttons it seems?

All that said, it is a fantastic product that I’d highly recommend to anyone filling cans or bottles. I mounted mine with heavy duty magnets so it sits on the side of my Cannular making for easy one person filling!!

Thank you. I always browse through all menus on new gear but I can be a bit fastidious like that.

I have done about 60 cans thus far and it worked great. The software is easy to make adjustments on the fly and the ability to manually press the pinch solenoid valve is excellent if you get an underfill or not enough foam. It would be nice to have a gas purge button similarly to squirt some gas to create foam if you don’t get a layer of foam. But that’s a Wishlist, not essential.

I did run in to one problem, the liquid silicone tube blew off the elbow barb after a while and made a little mess. Perhaps some type of removable/reusable hose clamp is essential on that barb? Can you recommend something? The stepless ones would be enjoying if you want yo remove the tube for cleaning etc.

Finally, the buttons are a touch dodgy to press. It appears the screen is on a slight angle so the up/down are fine, but the back and select buttons feel different and don’t always register a press because they are slight farther away from the screen buttons it seems?

All that said, it is a fantastic product that I’d highly recommend to anyone filling cans or bottles. I mounted mine with heavy duty magnets so it sits on the side of my Cannular making for easy one person filling!!
You can always tap the side of the can to help it fob as well

The silicone tube should be able to hold more than 1.5 bar before it comes off the barb even without a clamp. Is it possible for you to email our customer service team with your order number as I think it's possible that you have recieved a unit that has the incorrect silicone tubing. It should be 7mm x 4mm ID but it's possible you have a different dimension as we have quite a few different rolls here and if it was the 6mm x 4mm ID then this might be the issue.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back