Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the Rapt Portal to create, run and monitor profiles. I have my profiles to a stage where they are tuned enough to run a whole brewday for me.
I have Brewfather but just use that at this stage just for alerts when to add hop/adjunct additions as I couldn't find an easy way to do that yet in the rapt profiles (i'm sure it is in the works)

Cheers Rob.
In order for you to get push notifications to your mobile you can set the alerts in each step of the profile. If you do not have the app installed then you will only get an email alert.

We did make recent changes to the profile system. Once you are in the step that you want to make the alert you then go to this add alert button here:

1688546101587.png

In about 1 month we have a totally new RAPT platform that is a easier to use so this will be released soon.

We are also going to release even more features in profiles so you can have profiles that cycle continuously, profiles that integrate pressure controllers and other features like this. This release is several months away but we are continuing to update the whole RAPT ecosystem.

Thanks for the update @KegLand-com-au Yes I use the alerts feature in the Rapt Portal for things like "lift grain basket now" but the "Alert When" is pretty basic, you can do an alert at the start or end of a step but not x minutes into a step and the workaround of having multiple steps for hop additions is to much effort

Thanks for the update @KegLand-com-au Yes I use the alerts feature in the Rapt Portal for things like "lift grain basket now" but the "Alert When" is pretty basic, you can do an alert at the start or end of a step but not x minutes into a step and the workaround of having multiple steps for hop additions is to much effort
Could you add another step?
1. Lift grain basket with alert, move to next step
2. Next step is hold temp for X minutes

Could you add another step?
1. Lift grain basket with alert, move to next step
2. Next step is hold temp for X minutes
yes that is what I do, but if you have say a 75 minute boil and 60,15,5,flameout hop addition you would have to break your boil into 4 steps to get alerts when to add hops

Hi Kegland I use your 8lt pet bottles in a fridge (until I get a Kegorator) I noticed the bottoms are getting a bit crinkled and damaged, I only use them on smooth surfaces not bare concrete or anything, some sort of extra protective seat or something would be good to make them last longer, I'm guessing that would be the first place they would fail (not sure of the predicted life span of them) I could always just stick some 3M tape on them for protection but would look a bit daggy, just a suggestion

Yes, I do. I drilled the lid and had an additional 1/4” port to add a push fitting (similar to duotight but in SS) welded on for the long thermowell. I tried to seal it “weldless” but had no luck so got Geordi stainless to weld it for me. I then run off the 1.5” port a bunch of fitting that give me O2-free dry hopping but also with a pressure relief device for safety. Has been working very well!

Yes, I do. I drilled the lid and had an additional 1/4” port to add a push fitting (similar to duotight but in SS) welded on for the long thermowell. I tried to seal it “weldless” but had no luck so got Geordi stainless to weld it for me. I then run off the 1.5” port a bunch of fitting that give me O2-free dry hopping but also with a pressure relief device for safety. Has been working very well!
Great - thanks for confirming! Thought it would but was slightly worried the groove for the seal might not line up

Great - thanks for confirming! Thought it would but was slightly worried the groove for the seal might not line up
Triclover/Triclamp are all compatible and not “brand” specific for future reference.

yes that is what I do, but if you have say a 75 minute boil and 60,15,5,flameout hop addition you would have to break your boil into 4 steps to get alerts when to add hops

We do have this already in testing at the moment. This feature is already planned to be released and will look like this:
1688947051731.png

Note: This image above is from the "Beta" testing portal and you can't see this yet but it's something that will be rolled out eventually to everyone else eventually.

We are still doing testing on this function at the moment and we also require a new firmware release to all devices so we can make this available to the public but it's definitely something that will exist for you guys in the future. There is no limit to the number of alerts you can put in a step.

Hi Kegland I use your 8lt pet bottles in a fridge (until I get a Kegorator) I noticed the bottoms are getting a bit crinkled and damaged, I only use them on smooth surfaces not bare concrete or anything, some sort of extra protective seat or something would be good to make them last longer, I'm guessing that would be the first place they would fail (not sure of the predicted life span of them) I could always just stick some 3M tape on them for protection but would look a bit daggy, just a suggestion

Hello Monero. Yes this was something that was reported back to us and we have changed our moulding settings so we are increasing the thickness on the petaloid base. So the feet will have thicker plastic on them in the future. We have also changed the shape of the petaloid base so the contact area is greater too.

We do have this already in testing at the moment. This feature is already planned to be released and will look like this:
View attachment 123634
Note: This image above is from the "Beta" testing portal and you can't see this yet but it's something that will be rolled out eventually to everyone else eventually.

We are still doing testing on this function at the moment and we also require a new firmware release to all devices so we can make this available to the public but it's definitely something that will exist for you guys in the future. There is no limit to the number of alerts you can put in a step.

Fantastic, The improvements have been coming through steadily and are a real value add to an already pretty sweet product

Cheers Rob.

Yes that is correct. These will be released before the end of the year but we have had some delays.
Any information you can share on them? Primary or secondary regulators? Are they planned to be duotight compatible? Will they be able to be integrated into Brewfather?

I’ll almost definitely be purchasing both if I can get them to work with my set up.

KegLand has only ever sold BrewZilla single vessel breweries so when you say change name what was the name changed to and from?
That is not quite true, the name was changed.

The first batches of the 35L and 65L V3 Brewzilla's sold directly by Kegland were branded Robobrew.

I know because I bought both directly from Kegland.

Any information you can share on them? Primary or secondary regulators? Are they planned to be duotight compatible? Will they be able to be integrated into Brewfather?

I’ll almost definitely be purchasing both if I can get them to work with my set up.

Hello Jeff. The new RAPT connected digital regulators will be a secondary regulator. Our first priority is to connect these to the RAPT platform and get this working but once this is sorted and we have a better idea on how these can fit into the new more complex profile we can then start talking to Brewfather about integration.

Yes they will use duotight fittings on the input and output of the new RAPT Pressure Regulator and Spunding valve. We will start by just making this in the 8mm (5/16") size.

Having pressure control in a fermentation profile is a totally new concept so it's something that will take some time to really understand how customers want to use this feature.

Hey Kegland, I've almost finished my 20 tubs of

1kg Tub - StellarClean Powdered Brewery Wash (PBW) 35oz Tub with 10g Scoop​

that I bought in a AHB special you ran a few years ago. Any chance of doing it again?

is there a way to purchase a rev4 controller and retro fit to a guten 50L, i loe the Rapt ecosystem but dont want to spalsh out on a Brewzilla when i have a perfectly working Guten

is there a way to purchase a rev4 controller and retro fit to a guten 50L, i loe the Rapt ecosystem but dont want to spalsh out on a Brewzilla when i have a perfectly working Guten

I think it would be easier for you to purchase the RAPT Temp controller 15amp model then:
1. Remove the Cooling output
2. Re-wire the heating elements to the RED plug on the RAPT temp controller
3. Then just use a manual switch to control the pump
4. Run wire from the temp probe on the guten to the temp controller. You probably want to re-calibrate after this is done. If the guten uses a strange ohm reading you may also need to replace the probe with this one.

The other way is to upgrade the guten with the BrewZilla Gen 4 controller and then upgrade the main gen 4 powerboard. The wiring on this is a bit more complicated so I think the temp controller would be a bit easier. I am not sure how easily you will fit this board and gear into the Guten either so the temp controller might be safer as most of the electronics would be external to the body of the unit.

Latest posts

Back