Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the API it would be good to be integrated into Brewfather but if they are going to release an app BF integration might be a bit needless... at least for me.

@KegLand-com-au

A couple of features you could include in a future update would be an option to turn off the backlight (a bit odd to have it always on) and a way to get from the temperature to graph screens with the front buttons.

Yes this integration is working at the moment. Yes having a screen saver would also be good. I will bring this up in the next meeting internally.

given time and keglands priorities with the rapt equipment these things maybe possible.

i cant wait to try my rapt temp controller out this weekend to the pale ale profile

i think just by playing around with the controller today its streets ahead of other temp controllers

Thanks OzDevil. We really appreciate it. Make sure to let us know what other updates you guys want to see and we will do our best to accomodate and improve the functionality.

The BrewBuilt fermenters are the new range of stainless fermenters that are designed and supplied by More Beer. These have really very high build quality and a great range of add-ons which is also expanding quickly. We felt that since SS-Brewtech was sold some customerrs have been complaining about the quality getting worse and as a result we felt that there was space in the market to stock some higher quality stainless steel fermenters made from thick stainless steel and are all pressure rated. As our price on the BrewBuilt stuff is generally lower than similarly sized SS Brewtech I think they also represent good value.

With that said we also have a new thinner gauge stainless steel fermenter that can still hold pressure that will be sold under the FermZilla brand name and be called FermZilla SS. Like all the FermZilla equipment this will be priced sharply but still be able to hold pressure. The welding quality and build quality will be similar to the BrewZilla Breweries and the thickness of stainless is the same as this.

So for customers who have a larger budget and want a thicker stainless fermenter the BrewBuilt range is the best option. For those who are more price contious but still want a stainless pressure rated fermenter the FermZilla SS will be the best option. Many of the accessories will be compatible with both models.
A couple of months along and now the fermzilla tri-conical is out…do I grab that or hold off for the ss fz?

A couple of months along and now the fermzilla tri-conical is out…do I grab that or hold off for the ss fz?

The FermZilla SS will be a lower cost as it's made from thinner stainless steel than the BrewBuilt fermenters. The Brewbuilt fementers require thicker stainless steel as they use a ring type clamp to secure the lid to the body of the fermenter. For the FermZilla SS we are using a new innovative method to attach the lid to the fermenter and this new lid fastening method enables us to more efficiently use material.

For many customers where money is not an issue then purchase the BrewBuilt as the build quality is excellent they will last a lifetime and they are made from thick stainless steel.

For customers who want to save some money but still want the functionality of a stainless steel fermetner then I think the FermZilla SS is a good option.

For customers who have no aversion to plastic and like the idea of being able to see what is going on inside the fermenter then the FermZilla Tri-Conical or FermZilla All rounder is the best option. Or if you want the highest pressure rating and want to force carbonate in the fermenter PET FermZilla units are the best option.

I personally use the FermZilla all rounder most of the time myself as most of my beers are complete in 10 days and this design is the fastest to clean a bit more compact. With that said if I am doing a beer that is sitting in the fermenter for more than 3-4 weeks I would consider getting FermZilla Tri-Conical as I dont really like to leave the yeast and/or dry hops at the bottom of the fermenter for extended period especially if the temperature is warm.

The FermZilla SS will be a lower cost as it's made from thinner stainless steel than the BrewBuilt fermenters. The Brewbuilt fementers require thicker stainless steel as they use a ring type clamp to secure the lid to the body of the fermenter. For the FermZilla SS we are using a new innovative method to attach the lid to the fermenter and this new lid fastening method enables us to more efficiently use material.

For many customers where money is not an issue then purchase the BrewBuilt as the build quality is excellent they will last a lifetime and they are made from thick stainless steel.

For customers who want to save some money but still want the functionality of a stainless steel fermetner then I think the FermZilla SS is a good option.

For customers who have no aversion to plastic and like the idea of being able to see what is going on inside the fermenter then the FermZilla Tri-Conical or FermZilla All rounder is the best option. Or if you want the highest pressure rating and want to force carbonate in the fermenter PET FermZilla units are the best option.

I personally use the FermZilla all rounder most of the time myself as most of my beers are complete in 10 days and this design is the fastest to clean a bit more compact. With that said if I am doing a beer that is sitting in the fermenter for more than 3-4 weeks I would consider getting FermZilla Tri-Conical as I dont really like to leave the yeast and/or dry hops at the bottom of the fermenter for extended period especially if the temperature is warm.
That's all cool, I'm just wondering about a rough release date of the stainless steel fermzilla please?

That's all cool, I'm just wondering about a rough release date of the stainless steel fermzilla please?

Sorry I was getting a bit carried away with the comparison. We do not have a release date for the FermZilla SS yet as we are still in the testing phase. Things seem to be going well at this stage so I would be dissapointed if we were not able to release this product by the second half of 2022.

Yes this integration is working at the moment. Yes having a screen saver would also be good. I will bring this up in the next meeting internally.

Nice, might also save a little bit of power as well, might be negligible but everything counts.

Also are you working on Android and iOS RAPT apps?

Sorry I was getting a bit carried away with the comparison. We do not have a release date for the FermZilla SS yet as we are still in the testing phase. Things seem to be going well at this stage so I would be dissapointed if we were not able to release this product by the second half of 2022.

SS Fermzilla? Interesting. How will that differ from a Kegmenter and a few triclover attachments? I’m close to needing a larger fermenter and was eyeing the 50(ish) litre kegmenter.

Hey guys it would be awesome if the Rapt temperature controller could be retrofitted to the g20 glychol chiller/heater
Would this be possible or in the pipelines ( could also be utilised into the Benchy)

If one should miss out on getting a 35L Gen 4 on Wednesday, does anyone know when the next batch would be released?

I run my wort through a Magnetic Drive MKII pump and HERMS coil when mashing. The problem I have is when changing tubing around to sparge or transfer I'll need to clear the pump lines to remove any liquid otherwise I get airlocks when trying to transfer again. I see Blichmann have a PRV on their Riptide pump to counter the airlock problem. I've also found this which would be perfect in a tee on the exit side of the pump.
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005001304637063.htmlAny chance you guys would get something like this?

I run my wort through a Magnetic Drive MKII pump and HERMS coil when mashing. The problem I have is when changing tubing around to sparge or transfer I'll need to clear the pump lines to remove any liquid otherwise I get airlocks when trying to transfer again. I see Blichmann have a PRV on their Riptide pump to counter the airlock problem. I've also found this which would be perfect in a tee on the exit side of the pump.
https://www.aliexpress.com/i/1005001304637063.htmlAny chance you guys would get something like this?

https://www.kegland.com.au/tc-breakdown-3-inch-tri-clover-conversion-kit-for-25w-pump.html

New product suggestion - can you source an equivalent to brewers hardware’s quick clean ball valves? See:

https://www.brewershardware.com/1-2-NPT-Quick-Clean-Take-Apart-Ball-Valve.html

View attachment 119007
View attachment 119009
It’s a bloody good simple idea. I don’t clean my valves as often as I should because its a pain pulling them down. And I’m lazy.

This would change all that.

Also a review here: Brewer’s Hardware Quick Clean Take-Apart Ball Valve | Product Review

@KegLand-com-au - Did this or the Alibaba version suggested ever go anywhere? Would be great to have a local solution. I find the most fiddly/time consuming part of my brew day is around disasembling the ball valves and 25W pump head (which I'm keen to grab the TC conversion when back in stock).

You won't miss out, the release date has been postponed. The firmware isn't finished.
Where did you find this info? I spoke to them this morning and they said it should be released today (or the site updated). Does the left hand know what the right is doing with this one?

Latest posts

Back