Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@KegLand-com-au - My Blowtie 2 spunding valve (KL15042) isn't holding pressure. I've disasembled a couple of times, replaced the short length of tubing + disconnects used and it will still slowly release pressure. Do you have any tips to troubleshoot or remedy? Cheers!

If you have already cleaned it out then I would say the most likely scenario is one of the parts are missing or not assembled in the correct order. Did you see the cleaning and assembly video here:

https://youtu.be/Mvb89iYMj3c

Also with setting the spunding valve you set the pressure with it disconnected first then once you have set the pressure put it onto your fermenter. When the gas is flowing at a faster rate (active fermentation) it's normal for the pressure to increase a bit during high flow rates and do not try and re-adjust the pressure when again when this happens. It will return back to the set pressure once the fermentation slows down.

PSA!!! Anyone wanting a 360 Core mini actuator, they are currently in stock at the moment.

Yes that was quick. These Core 360 Regulators have all sold out again. We will have more of these in about 1 week but I suspect the next few shipments arriving before christmas will keep selling out fast.

For the price I'm just going to stick with my elcheapo for the little time I use it. It's just way easier to fill a few PET bottle straight out of the taps. It's pretty rare I take a keg

If you are looking for an el-cheapo method i think this is the best way to go:

pxl_20211014_060903746.jpg

The yellow hand pump means you are pumping air into the bottle so you really need to drink the whole bottle within about 1-2 days once you start pumping oxygen into the bottle. That being said is way better then using a growler and having your beer go flat so quickly.

If you are looking for an el-cheapo method i think this is the best way to go:

pxl_20211014_060903746.jpg

The yellow hand pump means you are pumping air into the bottle so you really need to drink the whole bottle within about 1-2 days once you start pumping oxygen into the bottle. That being said is way better then using a growler and having your beer go flat so quickly.
Will you be selling this as a bundle? Looks like the disconnects aren't in stock to late Nov, but keen to get this setup for picnics.

be good to have one, especially in these times of extended post delays that we are experiencing
I've always got an email for tracking with freight finders and they are alot quicker then Auspost. They are the only freight option I choose with Kegland as it tends to be the cheapest option for me anyway, typically 1-2days from pickup

Hi guys, is there a reason you don’t have a ‘sale’ tab on your website? Would be good to know what is on sale at any given time.

The only time I find things for sale is when I’m looking for them to buy anyway…

So I really want to dump a bunch of money on one of your kegerators with the-lot, but it seems like there’s no way to order if something is out of stock? I have beers in fermenters and cubes that need crashing and dispensing, so was hoping for one of those new 8 keg jobbies. Is there any way I can order and pay and it ships when stock lands?

Last edited:
The 20 litre Bladders I'll be using them soon first time on my next brew. I'm thinking after reading and watching stories on this.
Idea putting a 1/2" BSP thread on the cap so you can pump in out or have more control pouring with a silicone hose as a lead into the fermenter

What happened with series x stock that was meant to be available today?

Not many places get a delivery of a container on a Sunday, specially if Kegland are closed on Sunday's

have a think they may have received the containter late Friday afternoon and did not have time to unload and receive the stock to allow for sunday to show on website Stock available..

Also bare in mind they also like many melbournians are wanting a 4 day weekend as lockdown fully lifted..

ithey may well be unloading the stock now

Made a few beers today the slinky 1m Helix Coil and Tee (304 Stainless) - False Bottom Replacement for Mash, Lauter, Kettle gave me hell bought 2 for a 220 litre mash tun and got stuck several times.
130 liters strike water very stiff mash over 68kg grain.
6 bazookas work better. Slinky you need to dig up the pipe and it will start to move again off and on till it finds a spot would have lost 3 hours on Finking around plus losing mash out temps pot over time .

Used the bladder today first time KL18463 I would never use again unless there is some control over the bag like a 1/2 BSP thread in the cap otherwise trustworthy cubes are so fast and so unpuncher proof.

You put the bladder into a brew bucket hope for the best then good luck getting it out of the bucket till its cooled plus youll have some wort still outside of it .

I love your gear KL keep up your determination just these 2 are a problem to me

I apologise put in 2 snakes plus a bazooka on the spare tee. minimum 4-6 would do the job?

Last edited:
Made a few beers today the slinky 1m Helix Coil and Tee (304 Stainless) - False Bottom Replacement for Mash, Lauter, Kettle gave me hell bought 2 for a 220 litre mash tun and got stuck several times.
130 liters strike water very stiff mash over 68kg grain.
6 bazookas work better. Slinky you need to dig up the pipe and it will start to move again off and on till it finds a spot would have lost 3 hours on Finking around plus losing mash out temps pot over time .

Used the bladder today first time KL18463 I would never use again unless there is some control over the bag like a 1/2 BSP thread in the cap otherwise trustworthy cubes are so fast and so unpuncher proof.

You put the bladder into a brew bucket hope for the best then good luck getting it out of the bucket till its cooled plus youll have some wort still outside of it .

I love your gear KL keep up your determination just these 2 are a problem to me
I use one helix in my 40Lt Guten. I got rid of the T and use an elbow (I cut about 70mm of the coil. It now fits snugly around the bottom of the Guten. I also use a false bottom and have never had a problem with it running the wort out
I use a pump of the drain tap to pump into the fermenter and just keep it going until it gets all the wort out

For my setup with a helix coil, I have a female threaded to barb fitting, then a small length of silicone hose slipped over the barb
A 3/4" copper elbow slips snugly onto that, I trimmed the elbow a bit, soldered a small length of 3/4" copper pipe onto that, then a trimmed up 3/4" tee onto that so it's sitting right down against the bottom of the Guten, and I twist the helix coil ends into the tee
this lets my pickup get right to the bottom, and I get minimal trub/break come through
There's some photos around here somewhere of the piece I made, but I'll try and grab a pic when I get home tonight

@KegLand-com-au: I am watching this thread for news about the upcoming Brewzilla and Fermzilla. Where else should I look for anything noteworthy on these or for new Kegland products in general?

@KegLand-com-au , sorry but just a gripe. Wanted to purchase a 2 roller grain mill via your Ebay store. Atleast 2 other sellers had the exact same item essentially the same price with free postage - but I wanted to buy from you as an AHB sponsor and supporter.

Odd thing was out of 173 listings this was the ONLY one that stated pickup only (despite it being far from either the largest or heaviest item). Seemed odd as it also stated in the listing 'fast shipping' and 'Pickups not allowed'. So rather than assume I msged and asked you if the item could be posted and IF SO what would additional costs apply?'. Received a reply back that stated and I quote,"This can be shipped all over Australia."

No mention of extra costs, so I wondered should I ask again - but I figured that made no sense as I'd asked once and if others who were smaller than you were selling at same price with post your listing must just be outdated. And so I bought the item.

Then I get sent a msg stating that additional freight costs apply.

Is it the end of the world or a huge cost? No but it's sloppy and unprofessional as I'd specifically asked about exactly this and your staff were either too stupid or lazy to simply state - additional postage costs will apply.

I'd have been happy to have supported an AHB supporter but had you advised this I'd instead have ordered direct from you so I could also have gotten the many other things I needed and not doubled up on postage. I am sorry but thats a real lack of attention to detail on your behalf and as new home brewer who's never dealt with you before it's very underwhelming. :-/

Will you be selling this as a bundle? Looks like the disconnects aren't in stock to late Nov, but keen to get this setup for picnics.

Yes we will sell this as a bundle set of producs but just waiting for some of the parts to come into stock.

Hi guys, is there a reason you don’t have a ‘sale’ tab on your website? Would be good to know what is on sale at any given time.

The only time I find things for sale is when I’m looking for them to buy anyway…

We do not have this as an option yet but I will bring this up with the web designer. It's a good point and we should probably have this as an option.

Latest posts

Back