Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes we have had to purchase quite a lot of glasses to get accesso to this price and get our own private branding on the teku glassware. There are quite a few different shapes of Teku beer glass designs. I would be interested to know what you think of them. As this is more of a merchandise item we are selling them at close to cost price. They do have a fine rim and I really enjoy drinking out of them. I do prefer drinking out of these when compared to a traditional pint glass.
All the Teku glasses I've seen look the same, yours appear to be the odd one out from your images. But perhaps they are bad images.
https://tekuglass.com/Can you please confirm yours are genuine?

They way they responded here implied they were genuine.
An update on the website now says 'Teku Style', implying they are a copy.
Mixed messages don't help me when I'm looking to buy more glassware.

@duncbrewer That's right, they changed it after I raised the issue.
The attached screenshots are from when I raised the initial question.

Attachments

• teku1.JPG
    teku1.JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 87
  • teku2.JPG
    teku2.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 87
Says "Teku style glass" , not Teku glass, so I'm suspecting not made by Teku.
isn't teku the style of the glass anyway? Teku isn't someone or a company that makes glasses...
I'm not sure why the knickers are once again in a knot.

Eg. you can buy a Rastal [brand] Teku [style]

isn't teku the style of the glass anyway? Teku isn't someone or a company that makes glasses...
I'm not sure why the knickers are once again in a knot.

Eg. you can buy a Rastal [brand] Teku [style]
I believe Rastal own the Teku name, from info on the tekuglass.com website. Other companies can buy the original product and add their logo, whether that is through the official website, crafty merch etc.
It would be like another company releasing a 'Brewzilla', when that is a KL product.

I believe Rastal own the Teku name, from info on the tekuglass.com website. Other companies can buy the original product and add their logo, whether that is through the official website, crafty merch etc.
It would be like another company releasing a 'Brewzilla', when that is a KL product.
whatever mate... you've gone from thinking teku is the maker, to now believing rastal own the name? based on website info?
get your hand off it
just ******* enjoy the cheap glasses

Yeah I never said that Teku is the 'maker'. I questioned if they were genuine, which it turns out they are not.
From the tekuglass website
Copyright © 2018-20 The Original Teku Glass

I won't be enjoying the knock off glasses, they don't look very nice.

Yeah I never said that Teku is the 'maker'. I questioned if they were genuine, which it turns out they are not.
From the tekuglass website

I won't be enjoying the knock off glasses, they don't look very nice.
but what is genuine? a quick google search of Teku style glasses shows Rastal and Insel selling similar/identical glasses and Louigi Bormioli selling a different angle. If you already have a set of branded glasses your best bet is to return to that brand so they match, re-branding of glassware is extremely common, as is copying them, see Glencairn etc.

Well I'm glad we have got that sorted.

I can't really see the difference in the glass from Keglands picture to the one on the Teku website personally. Your attention to detail must be phenomenal
if I had to make a guess, the Kl glasses are re-branded louigi bormoli, the angles of the glass seem closer to the Teku ones, but that is really hard to say for certain. The KL glasses seem to have more vertical sides and less of an angle at the hip.

MODERATION POST....

Folks I reckon we've dealt with the glass issue - there is enough info in the posts above to allow people to make their own decision on the glasses now.

We've already moderated and deleted a couple of unnecessary posts that were, in my eyes, just trolling.

Lets leave that topic at that - any further posts, if they don't add any real value, will be deleted.

Thinking of setting up a regulator panel in my fridge with a manifold and the Kegland inline regulators. I've read that people like to use barbed fittings with the gas side of the system but the inline regulators only come in duotight push in. Is there potential for leaks or should I just make sure it's all secure and it will be fine?

Thinking of setting up a regulator panel in my fridge with a manifold and the Kegland inline regulators. I've read that people like to use barbed fittings with the gas side of the system but the inline regulators only come in duotight push in. Is there potential for leaks or should I just make sure it's all secure and it will be fine?
For what it's worth I have a 4 way manifold with duotight and inline regulators and have had no problems what so ever. Just leak test with soapy water or foaming sanitiser and you can't go wrong.

This is how I have mine set up - no leaks no problems.

Attachments

• E14E36E1-B3C8-45D7-91B7-1F0AE3DBD385.jpeg
    E14E36E1-B3C8-45D7-91B7-1F0AE3DBD385.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 158
Back