Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My only other mod might be to replace the T piece with a manifold which would allow me to run 3 kegs on the one gas cylinder two using the regulators for the kegs on tap and a third line for carbonation.
But in all honesty I’m happy with what I have now and with winter approaching I think my next purchase will be some nitro!
Cheers guys!

Awesome!

Hi Kegland. I've got one of your Double Tap Kegmaster Series 4's which I have started building (invoice 100017078). There was a duotight t-piece included for the gas, and I'd like to upgrade the rest of it to use duotight fittings as well. What duotight fittings would I need to order, and noting that the shanks have the barbed ends, so what replacement pieces would I need to order to replace the barbs as well?

What's the easiest way to connect the 6.3mm PE water line to a garden tap (which I think are 1/2" BSP)? Looking to clean up my water filter setup.

What's the easiest way to connect the 6.3mm PE water line to a garden tap (which I think are 1/2" BSP)? Looking to clean up my water filter setup.

You can get one of these:

https://www.kegland.com.au/garden-hose-male-brass-quick-connector-coupling.html

Then this will reduce to 3/8:
https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight-9-5mm-3-8-x-1-2inch-male-1144.html

Then you can use this to reduce from 3/8 to 1/4:
https://www.kegland.com.au/duotight-6-5mm-1-4-x-9-5mm-3-8-reducer.html

That should do the job for you.

There's a step in the middle of that where one needs to connect a 3/8 fitting to a 3/8 fitting using a hose or joiner that can withstand mains water pressure. Any advice on achieving that? I have doubts about whether the 9.5mm beer line would handle the pressure.

Wow, is your mains pressure really 150 psi? I have a similar setup to you but only need a ball valve to control flow and pressure.

Yes I have quite high water pressure. It's close to the maximum. I believe the water pressure supplied to your house cannot exceed 500kpa(160psi). My water pressure is very close to this upper limit when static.

Hi Kegland, I'm looking to fit out a mate with an 8L mini keg, that will lie on it's side in the fridge, with the top/opening of the keg facing towards the fridge door with a flow control tap on it - so I can charge up the keg and get more out of it before my buddy has to attach a mini c02 reg. Is there a tap shank adapter that can make this work? They all have a 90 deg angle, which won't work with this setup. Thanks!

Yes I have quite high water pressure. It's close to the maximum. I believe the water pressure supplied to your house cannot exceed 500kpa(160psi). My water pressure is very close to this upper limit when static.
I'd be double checking your water pressure. Anything over 500kPa (roughly 70psi, not 160 ;)) a pressure regulator/reducer (these are NOT the same thing) is supposed to be fitted.

If your water pressure is too high, be warned that appliance manufacturers usually state that excessive water pressure at the appliance inlet will void the warranty.

Can the inline regulators be used as a flow control device? For instance to reduce the beer to 1-2 psi just before the tap.

Hi Kegland, I'm looking to fit out a mate with an 8L mini keg, that will lie on it's side in the fridge, with the top/opening of the keg facing towards the fridge door with a flow control tap on it - so I can charge up the keg and get more out of it before my buddy has to attach a mini c02 reg. Is there a tap shank adapter that can make this work? They all have a 90 deg angle, which won't work with this setup. Thanks!

just noticed you have QD flow restrictors, nice!

https://www.kegland.com.au/flow-control-ball-lock-disconnect-flow-restrictor.html

this with a pluto gun will reduce the err....length of the keg (when placed on it's side) - so less depth required in the fridge.

QD flow restrictor w/pluto gun VS flow control tap - any thoughts around which will pour better beer at a higher PSI?

QD flow restrictor w/pluto gun VS flow control tap - any thoughts around which will pour better beer at a higher PSI?

They have stated earlier in the thread that the QD flow controllers should give better pours - this is because the flow restriction is further away from the point of dispensing, therefore there is less turbulence just before the glass (as you get with an FC tap), and therefore less foaming when pouring. That was their reasoning, anyway

That's what these or flow control taps are for
I got that, but I was just wondering if this could also be an option.

I have flow control shanks on my system and they work fine.

I just thought by being able to reduce flow by dialling down the PSI would mean a one time set and forget, so that no matter what volumes beer you throw at it it would hit the taps with say 2psi everytime. No need to keep dialling/ adjusting the flow control devices.

There's a step in the middle of that where one needs to connect a 3/8 fitting to a 3/8 fitting using a hose or joiner that can withstand mains water pressure. Any advice on achieving that? I have doubts about whether the 9.5mm beer line would handle the pressure.

I have just done some pressure testing on this product. The 3/8inch EVABarrier tubing holds less pressure than the smaller diameter hosing as you would expect.

I have only been able to burst the 3/8 EVABarrier tubing once I get over 300psi. At about 320psi the 3/8 EVABarrier tubing burst. Not straight away but at about the 4 minute mark held at this pressure it eventually burst. So that's this hose I am talking about:
https://www.kegland.com.au/evabarrier-6mm-x-10mm-double-wall-eva-12meter-length-in-bag.html

At 150psi there is a slight expansion in the hose from 9.54mm to 9.71mm. Then when the pressure is released it returns to the same 9.54mm diameter indicating that no measurable plastic deformation had occurred after the hose was held at 150psi for 24hrs at about 24-29C. Given that this is the case I would not be surprised if the hose was to sustain mains water pressure for a very long time if not forever. With that said if this is a great concern for you all of our Duotight fittings are compatible with copper as the stainless teeth on the duotight collet grab onto copper and soft metals like brass or aluminium quite well. So if you had any concerns at all you can easily just use a short piece of 3/8 copper, aluminium or brass tube. (FYI copper tube in the 3/8 size is often used in the HVAC refrigeration industry for air conditioning lines. So if you go to a hardware store this is where you should look rather than in the ordinary plumbing I think)

I got that, but I was just wondering if this could also be an option.

I have flow control shanks on my system and they work fine.

I just thought by being able to reduce flow by dialling down the PSI would mean a one time set and forget, so that no matter what volumes beer you throw at it it would hit the taps with say 2psi everytime. No need to keep dialling/ adjusting the flow control devices.

Yes flow control shanks work pretty good if the beer is really cold. If the beer gets a bit warmer you will probably find the FC disconnects will be your better option or for highly carbonated beers.

Yes flow control shanks work pretty good if the beer is really cold. If the beer gets a bit warmer you will probably find the FC disconnects will be your better option or for highly carbonated beers.

Thanks, I actually have 2 of the ssbrewtech brite tanks, which I cool with the g40, and serve through a flooded font. So no need for the QD. They are a great looking product, so will definitely use them if I go back to kegging.

IMG_20190207_102259.jpg
IMG_20180815_151627.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have rough pricing on the mill? I was looking at purchasing one of your current mills but it sound like it might be worth holding off

I'm in the same boat, i was thinking of grabbing one next week.

Latest posts

Back