Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been lurking.
I have read all (if not most) of your posts regarding the 2 "keg...." Businesses, now most would think from those posts that you had some sort of vested interest, or axe to grind, but you have stated before, you have not. So lets take it from the top.

Late last year those that currently run KegKing booted out some of it's partners. Normal run of thing this is done by buying them out, doing this usually includes signed documents that ensure NON-disclosure, NON-compete, and continued whole sale supply.

That didn't happen... did it.

So the other way to dissolve a partnership is to strong arm your partners and lock them out of their work place.

Yeah ... this did happen.

The partners who left KegKing didn't do so willingly, for some it was their life's work, a harsh kick in the teeth I bet. But they got back up, got their collective shit together, and started again.
Yes they slashed margins to the bone to get their name out there, and let people know they were back.

And since that day you've criticised them for .... what ?not lying down and taking it like some jail house bitch?
when someone comes and takes something from you, you just sit in the corner and cry about it?

Well maybe some do.

The guys at kegland seem to be made of something a little tougher.

As for how they run their business and where they place their margins, I believe that is up to them and what THEY believe the market will tolerate. You stated some months ago there would be only one of the "keg..." left, by the sound of all your whining your horse ain't running as well as expected??? Shops selling home brew goods will not disappear. When ever there is demand, the void is usually quickly filled there are plenty of people with money willing to invest in business opportunities, but as KegLand pointed out, they can stay in the 70's and think they'll do ok.
NSW VS Vic on brew shops Vic wins hands down (without either of the "KEG..." ) why? because the people behind those businesses innovated stayed at the cutting edge, grabbed international distributorships, created a known name outside of the suburb they lived in.

I would note Kegland is a forum supporter kegking isn't and as such deserves if not unbridled support from this forum then at least the respect of it's members. The treatment you (WEAL) have shown them is distasteful to say the least, boarding on outright troll.
But you already know that.
Good luck with the lame horse.
Seems you have a different story to what KegLand stated, they stated they left KegKing, and the only reason they got my back up is through all the lies Oliver told, and running down KegKing. Now they are telling us KegKing stock is all crap, crap which they were quite happy to sell to the home brewer while they were part of KegKing.
If I do need hardware I go to Alibaba or Aliexpress so I have no vested interest in either KK or KL, I buy my grain from 2 different establishments same with any specialty hops I may need.
By the way, respect is earned not given just they are a forum supporter.

The issue with Afterpay is that it means the transaction will cost a couple more percent for us to process. So we would have to factor this into our pricing and increase our pricing for everyone just so some people can get the product with this finance optoin. As we pride ourselves on the fact that we supply the best value gear we are reluctant to do anything like this that could impact on our competitiveness.
That's one way to look at it OR perhaps more people will be willing to purchase more upfront if they have a known/manageable recurring fortnightly payment rather than a huge outlay upfront. A couple extra percent across the board would not equate to much in the grand scheme of things for regular punters plus it would give you another competitive edge over all the other online suppliers - none of whom offer a service like this AFAIK. That's just another perspective, I guess if you're more interested in shaving a few cents here and a couple dollars there to be more competitive rather than facilitating people in making bigger, all at once purchases then that's your prerogative.

Credit cards also reduce serviceability whereas afterpay doesn't.
If Kegland had afterpay my first purchase would be the robobrew. Once that was paid off I would get a kegerator.

Instead I'll probably have to wait and keep dropping hints to the missus around birthday time and hope for the best lol

Edit.
Also there is another competitor to Kegland that has afterpay. I won't mention who, as this is Keglands thread but food for thought for Kegland.

That's just another perspective, I guess if you're more interested in shaving a few cents here and a couple dollars there to be more competitive rather than facilitating people in making bigger, all at once purchases then that's your prerogative.

Which small business in the world wouldn't be interested in being more competitive, in order to acquire a larger customer base, rather than in facilitating a few people to buy one large purchase that they can't afford at the time, so need to pay it off over time. The only businesses that do that have massive turn over and the home brew equipment market is not that just yet (or in the foreseeable future). People don't trade in their brewing equipment every 3-5 years like some do with a car or some electronic/white goods.

If a Robobrew or Intertap needed replacing every 3 years (or even 5 years) there'd be no end of the complaints about poor quality etc. Let's face it, if beer or gas line needed replacing every 3-5 years there'd be people whinging about it and it costs bugger all. So this means the turn over of an equipment supplier (such as Kegland etc) can't rely on the customer coming back in 3-5 years to buy again on a no interest la-la loan. All of this has to be taken into account in business decisions like what services to offer and how that will affect the purchasing decisions of the buyer.

Maybe I'm a bit old-school, but if I can't afford it right now, then I put a little away each month and save for it. It'll be there in 6 or 12 months time, or maybe a newer version will be out by then (Fermentasaurus for example) and you'll get a better product rather than rushing in. Horses for courses on how people like or can pay for things, but to expect a business to reduce their customer volume by having higher prices to suit a few is a bit unrealistic. WEAL makes a good point re credit cards. If you want the service of paying things off and don't mind paying a bit more for it then the credit card offers the same option, but you pay the interest not the retailer (or more to the point every other customer through higher prices). Sounds fair to me.

Seems you have a different story to what KegLand stated, they stated they left KegKing, and the only reason they got my back up is through all the lies Oliver told, and running down KegKing. Now they are telling us KegKing stock is all crap, crap which they were quite happy to sell to the home brewer while they were part of KegKing.
If I do need hardware I go to Alibaba or Aliexpress so I have no vested interest in either KK or KL, I buy my grain from 2 different establishments same with any specialty hops I may need.
So what your saying is you have/had no intention of purchasing a thing from them. You've not ever purchased from them. And your only intention in posting in this thread was to bad mouth the OP.

I believe that is the definition of a Troll.

As Jack says it would be a 4% across the board for all customers not just the Afterpay customers, a credit card you can get 55 days interest free from the start of your billing cycle to when you have to pay the debt as against the 56 days and the 4% on Afterpay.
I used to give 1 year interest free terms for customers (actual built in cost was 9%) but I used to offer 5%
discount for not having to fill out all the paperwork. Needless to say I was that credit company's worst agent.

Finally a question actually on topic.

With regarsd to the kegs Keg King have burned the bridges with the suppliers in China. During this shareholder dispute the remaining shareholder at Keg King decided not to pay the supplier in China who is now out of pocket by over USD$100k. The suppliers used to be loyal to Keg King however if you dont pay your supplier they will eventually go and supply someone else. The same suppliers now are working closely with KegLand Distribution PTY LTD. As a result you will probably find that the kegs that were sold at Keg King prior to Jan 2018 were the same quality as what we are selling now as they are identical. With that said now that Keg King have gone to Alibaba to try and find a whole range of new suppliers in China they are starting to work out how difficult it is to find good quality gear. So the Kegs that have been sold by Keg King after Jan 2018 are definitely not the same as ours kegs. So if you purchased kegs from Keg King prior to Jan 2018 they are probably great.

My keg king kegs i bought well before all this keg king/keg land crap started rusted exactly the same as in your video. Seeing that you are now selling kegs from the same supplier i can only assume that these kegs will rust in the same way. It's obviously all the same crap you imported from china for keg king, why don't you just be honest about it?

Getting off topic here but I don't understand why it would be a 4% increase across the board and not just for afterpay?

As in when you get to checkout and choose afterpay it notifies you that there will be a 4% surcharge, just like the surcharge some retailers put on credit cards.

Not having ever used Afterpay I wouldn't know how the 4% is administered but if what you say is the case the KegLand should have no concerns about using it, they will already be in front with the 2% surcharge for the credit card transaction which they wouldn't be taking off.

Do you guys have any plans to stock or source a kegmenter or even just a corny that sits in the 25-30l range? I've said this before, but the robobrew has surely created a decent market as its batch size really lends itself to a smaller model. The only other supplier in Australia who was previously stocking a 26l version has been out of stock for ages. Surely there is an opportunity here...

I purchased a couple of Robobrew taps this week to upgrade my 40l Crown urn and Diy Tiny Brew kettle. The transaction was seemless, the prices were great and the interstate delivery was very fast.

Both taps fitted perfectly with no fuss and no leaks. No extra parts or seals required. The flow rate seems pretty good as well. Would recommend.

Will you be selling other Robobrew accessories? Malt pipe for example?

Hi KL.

ETA for 100mm Stainless Shanks to be back in stock?

Thanks.

Who are Brewsmarter in relation to Kee/KegLand?
I'm in the UK and usually buy your stuff through the local distributor there (Malt Miller) but there are occasions when he and other new resellers are out of stock and the replenish times can be quite lengthy. It looks to me and others that they are either the part of your company based in China manufacturing and also distributing to the EU/N America or a contacted manufacturer either doing over runs and selling them and/or maybe selling the stuff that doesn't meet QA (the latter being okay for some items but definitely not good for others).
Apologies for the cheeky question and good to see you continuing to work on new products and seeking feedback on the Fermentasaurus v2 :)

We are happy to answer any questions irrespective of how "cheeky" they are. So please feel free to ask whatever you like.

This is a bit confusing. There is a seller in China who sells on alibaba called Brewmaster. We also have Brewmaster Wholesale who is a wholesale distributor in America that sells our gear too (https://brewmasterwholesale.com ). So if you are in America then you should order from Brewmaster Wholesale.

If you are in the UK you can purchase our gear from the Malt Miller. Alternatively we are also sending more gear to www.brouwland.com. We also have a few other distributors in Europe too but it's best if you let us know what you are looking for specifically and we can direct you to the best distributor.

Sometimes we do have stuff that doesnt meet QA/QC and this type of gear is generally still sold but it's de-branded then sold to various other traders in China but not under the KegLand brand name. For goods purchased from China which you want that is genuine KegLand gear which we will support, back up and warrant then you can purchase from:

www.kegland.com.au
www.kegland.cn

Or purchase from a distributor that is displayed on these two websites.

So if you do that then you will get genuine gear which meets our quality control guidelines.

Wide Eyed and Legless - We have noticed that you have quite a few posts that are particularly critical of us in particular and we do wonder if you have an ulterior motive. Don't get us wrong we dont mind the criticism and the whole idea of a forum is that everyone can speak their mind so we are not asking you to stop. It would be nice to know your particular motive that's all. It seems to us like you have never purchased anything from KegLand but are sceptical of our quality, service, and ethics for some reason. Is there something in partiulcar that KegLand has done to you to make you unhappy? What can we possibly do to turn your frown upside down?

When the staff at KegLand were working at Keg King the quality was better particularly on the ball lock disconnects, kegs and a few other items. But the reality is Keg King have now started to source new cheaper supplies from China. This has happened after we left. So we think it's a bit unfair for us to be held to account for bad decisions made by a company that we no longer have anything to do with. What we are saying is that the quality started to decrease from Jan 2018. We left Keg King in late 2017.

We made a video on the kegs in particular here. In the video we never mentioned the brand Keg King but it seems that it's public knowledge now:
https://www.kegland.com.au/19l-ball-lock-keg-brand-new-546.html
These kegs in the video were only purchase by KK after Jan 2017

Well it seems you answered your own question, and if you had read all the posts you would see that it is a question of ethics, first thing I noticed is the running down of KegKing, rule one tend your own garden don't cast comments on your oppositions, if you claim to be a wholesaler, don't undercut the retailers you are hoping to supply. Don't come up that the reason is to get yourself known. I know, I have been in the import, retail, wholesale game myself but I would never undercut any of my retail customers, or potential retail customers, in fact I was usually quite a bit dearer than my retail customers.
And using other monikers on this forum is blatantly obvious.

Wide Eyes and Legless - I don't have a horse in the race but honestly all of your posts that I personally see are all negative and argumentative in regards to Kegland. I dont post often/at all but skimming over your posts is starting to get tiresome to be honest.

Move on.

Make Beer.

As MLB stated in an earlier post it is very poor form for one buisness to crash another buisness thread .Your usually a big help on this forum and hope you continue to do so in other threads . From my point of view and it seems the same for many other people following this thread you are making yourself look like an ass. I understand your upset but you just keep saying the same thing over and over again it's time to move on.

Back