Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi @KegLand-com-au ,

I have both the RAPT Fermentation Chamber and the RAPT Pill. Is it possible to link them in the portal so that the fermentation profile works off the pill temperature and gravity?

Couldn't see anything obvious in the portal expect a link button, but that seems to just display the data on the same graph.

I set up a verdant IPA profile on the chamber which keeps the temperature at 18 degrees for the first week. However during the 36 hours of active fermentation my pill temperature rose about 5 degrees but the temperature in the fridge stayed relatively constant. In the end I manually stopped the profile and have been adjusting the temperature of the chamber to bring the pill temperature back down a few degrees.

If they knew about each other in the portal couldn't the fridge be cooling down to work off the pill temperature?

Is this feature currently available and I've missed it? Or is it in the works?

Cheers
It's in the works. They both have bluetooth on board but they aren't enabled as yet. There will be a firmware update coming to enable it on both. When that is...not sure...it doesn't sound soon. The Brewzilla gen4 firmware is getting lots of resources now as it has just been released and needs some tweaking.

Last edited:
Yes they can fit on

Yes it's also possible to use that 32amp domestic three phase socket too. It's hard to know how many customers will be purchasing the 100L BrewZilla for domestic use and how many will be purchasing for commercial use at this stage but eventually we will standardise to one type of wiring and then customers wanting other power can switch it over themselves. The re-wiring from single phase to three phase is not very complicated and we will probably have to supply the cable kit.

Just out of interest how many of you guys would prefer Single Phase 32amp wiring vs Three phase 10amp wiring for the BrewZilla 100L. We are really interested to hear what your preference are.
I'd opt for 3phase, as mentioned I used the install of my solar panels to upgrade and install a mini fuse box in my brew room. The original intention was to eventually buy a Brewtools B80.

With the release of a 100l brewzilla I'm reassessing my options.

It's in the works. They both have bluetooth on board but they aren't enabled as yet. There will be a firmware update coming to enable it on both. When that is...not sure...it doesn't sound soon. The Brewzilla gen4 firmware is getting lots of resources now as it has just been released and needs some tweaking.

Thanks, was thinking that was the case but just wanted to double check that I wasn't missing anything obvious.

One more question, since the fermentation is exothermic and I saw the temperature rise by about 5 degrees within the wort. Was I right to try and control that by lowering the temperature of the fridge to keep the wort temperature relatively consistent?

Or when yeast says ferment at 20 degrees does that mean at an ambient 20 degrees and it'll should be fine with the heat from the fermentation reaction?

2" TC is as big as they can put on there without compromising the ability of the lid to withstand pressure.
Cool but I’m not after a bigger TC opening. 1.5 inch or 2 inch is fine…I was just wondering whether a ‘plastic’ kegmenter lid is proposed. The brewbuilt lid has 2 post and a tc but no prv. The new fz ‘plastic’ lid has tc, 2 posts, undrilled ports and a prv.

Cool but I’m not after a bigger TC opening. 1.5 inch or 2 inch is fine…I was just wondering whether a ‘plastic’ kegmenter lid is proposed. The brewbuilt lid has 2 post and a tc but no prv. The new fz ‘plastic’ lid has tc, 2 posts, undrilled ports and a prv.
My apologies for my misunderstanding your request :doofus: . I'd better go and have a home brew to improve my reading comprehension skills :drinkingbeer:!

Has anyone ever got the 450gm Kegland bottle filled with Nitrogen? and if so where?

Also, any ideas if the 360 Regulator would work with nitrogen?

We finished manufacturing a new CO2 and nitrogen filling machine last week and we were doing testing on this just last week and we are happy with our new machine to fill these Sodastream bottles. The new machine is able to fill nitrogen or CO2 into the sodastream bottles (not mixed). We are now waiting on nitrogen heat shrink that will go over the existing heat shrink to show that the cylinder has been filled with nitrogen.

With respect to cost of this to fill these KegLand sodastream bottles we were thinking we would charge:

Nitrogen fill (to 160bar) - $10 per fill
CO2 single fill (with 450grams CO2) - $10
CO2 x 6 fill (with 450grams CO2) - $5 per fill

As we have made this process quite a bit more automated we will be able to fill these bottles far more efficiently and we were thinking many customers with sodastream machines would prefer an inexpensive filling option for CO2 sodastream bottles too. What do you guys think? Would this type of service be useful for you.

Yes the sodastream bottle will work fine with the nitrogen and using the Core 360 Regulator. This is really the best regulator for the job.

Also to begin with this service would only be available for swaps of these cylinders at our Noble Park (Victoria) distribution centre. If you had to get fills in other states we will have to work with other partners to setup these automated filling machines.

Yes and no. It's high by Australian standards, but in other countries 220/240 30A plugs are normal. Not for every outlet, but a lot of houses in the USA have them as dryer outlet. A friend of mine (living in the USA) has a 50A single phase outlet in his basement.

Yes I agree. We have also done a bit of a servey with other distributors overseas and I think the single phase with high amp is the preferred option so we will make this as standard then sell a three phase cable separately that come customers can switch over themselves or get an electritian to do for them.

Yes I think the new BrewZilla Gen 4 firmware will be released some time next week.

We have already got the Bluetooth Bridge function working but I think it's not intuative enough yet so we are also making changes to this at the moment and in about 2-4 weeks I think we will have new firmware for Pill, Temp controller and Fermentation chamber that will have the new Bluetooth Bridge function working so you can use the Pill temperature to control the RAPT chamber temperature for instance (when in bluetooth mode)

I'd opt for 3phase, as mentioned I used the install of my solar panels to upgrade and install a mini fuse box in my brew room. The original intention was to eventually buy a Brewtools B80.

With the release of a 100l brewzilla I'm reassessing my options.

Well the good news is that modifying the BrewZilla 100L from single phase to three phase is actually easier than swapping out the three phase cable to single phase. So for those would prefer three phase we will make a short video on how to do this and it's an easy process.

We finished manufacturing a new CO2 and nitrogen filling machine last week and we were doing testing on this just last week and we are happy with our new machine to fill these Sodastream bottles. The new machine is able to fill nitrogen or CO2 into the sodastream bottles (not mixed). We are now waiting on nitrogen heat shrink that will go over the existing heat shrink to show that the cylinder has been filled with nitrogen.

With respect to cost of this to fill these KegLand sodastream bottles we were thinking we would charge:

Nitrogen fill (to 160bar) - $10 per fill
CO2 single fill (with 450grams CO2) - $10
CO2 x 6 fill (with 450grams CO2) - $5 per fill

As we have made this process quite a bit more automated we will be able to fill these bottles far more efficiently and we were thinking many customers with sodastream machines would prefer an inexpensive filling option for CO2 sodastream bottles too. What do you guys think? Would this type of service be useful for you.

Yes the sodastream bottle will work fine with the nitrogen and using the Core 360 Regulator. This is really the best regulator for the job.

Also to begin with this service would only be available for swaps of these cylinders at our Noble Park (Victoria) distribution centre. If you had to get fills in other states we will have to work with other partners to setup these automated filling machines.
Hope to see one of these machines in Perth soon. Good value for sodastream fills, even if I am more interrested in the nitrogen

Found a need for a special item. Don't know if there would be a demand for it but I'll throw it out there. If you'd make it I'd buy it.
A weight valve normally open. Want to use it for filling RO water into my 118L kegs for mash water when full shut off and alert. Also found it easier to fill kegs with scales instead of the silicone ball float with spunding valve just set once you know your fill weights to stop.
I've ordered a float valve from Ali for my mash water but back to guessing measurement litres using Pi R squared on my vessel.

Well the good news is that modifying the BrewZilla 100L from single phase to three phase is actually easier than swapping out the three phase cable to single phase. So for those would prefer three phase we will make a short video on how to do this and it's an easy process.
Awesome,cheers.

So the big question is.... when can we buy one ?? 😉

Not sure how lucrative it is, but have you guys thought about bringing your own Digital Refractometer to market?

Found a need for a special item. Don't know if there would be a demand for it but I'll throw it out there. If you'd make it I'd buy it.
A weight valve normally open. Want to use it for filling RO water into my 118L kegs for mash water when full shut off and alert. Also found it easier to fill kegs with scales instead of the silicone ball float with spunding valve just set once you know your fill weights to stop.
I've ordered a float valve from Ali for my mash water but back to guessing measurement litres using Pi R squared on my vessel.

We found it easier and cheaper just to use a solenoid valve on the inlet of the RO water unit and then just use an electrical float valve that turns on/off the solenoid valve. this is fairly cheap and easy to setup and we use this ourselves for our free RO water service that we offer to our customers that are local to us.

Not sure how lucrative it is, but have you guys thought about bringing your own Digital Refractometer to market?

Yes we have been doing testing on various models of digital refractometer and we will definitely have one in stock soon. Do you guys think it would be useful for the digital refractometer to be able to be paired with the new BrewZilla Gen 4? We were thinking that we could use a bluetooth bridge to send the refractometer reading to the brewery on your brew day then the gravity is automatically recorded on the RAPT portal with the brew day logs in the graph? If we do this then it will require some software/firmware development but it's relatively straight forward to acomplish this.

Back