Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it’s only full of sodium perc and then star San for a few minutes at a time... no issues
Rinsed with water and stored dry

I guess for that application it's fine. We do here of some customers using these for beer from time.

Looking for some help assembling a Series X kegerator. It arrived without assembly instructions!

The castors seem to obviously line up with the holes as I've attempted to capture in photos. The problem is that there's already a screw in one of the holes that cannot be removed (2 attempts only proved to start damaging the screw).

Am I missing something here?
20191125_173219.jpg
20191125_173311.jpg
(other than the instructions )

Looking for some help assembling a Series X kegerator. It arrived without assembly instructions!

The castors seem to obviously line up with the holes as I've attempted to capture in photos. The problem is that there's already a screw in one of the holes that cannot be removed (2 attempts only proved to start damaging the screw).

Am I missing something here?View attachment 116976 View attachment 116977 (other than the instructions )

There is just a small trick to this. All you should need to do is make sure all 4 screws are partially in one turn before tightening them all the way. We find this works fairly well for us and the wheels go straight on that way. Then once all screws have engages with the threads then tighten them all the way.

We are going to release a new installation video very soon that should make it a bit easier for you. The installation is almost identical to the previous model (Series 4 Kegerator) So you can see this video here:

Then the instruction manual for this one is here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/media/pdf/Instruction Manual - Series 4 Kegerator.pdf

For balancing beer lines you can look at this chart here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/media/images/KegLand Set & Forget CO2 Carbonation Chart.png

Am I missing something here?View attachment 116976 View attachment 116977 (other than the instructions )
Did you try a small socket on the stuck screw?

Do the Series X Kegerators fit 4 Pin-lock kegs? I have converted Pin-locks to Ball-locks as they are a bit shorter and allow me to have an extra shelf in my current fridge, but they are a bit wider so I want to be sure 4 will fit before ordering a Series X.

There is just a small trick to this. All you should need to do is make sure all 4 screws are partially in one turn before tightening them all the way.

The screw in question was already there. It can't be removed with a screwdriver but hopefully the socket will budge it.

Yes we already have these carbonation caps that you can see here:
https://www.kegland.com.au/plastic-carbonation-line-cleaning-cap-fermzilla-cap.html

We also have this new product coming into stock in about 4 weeks:
https://www.kegland.com.au/pco-1881-carbonation-cap-tee-piece.html

So this will enable to to build the worlds cheapest keg system if you want to. You would have to make it up using coke bottles and this would be ideal for a mini keg system that could fit into an esky.

I would not keep beer in these types of plastic bottles for long term storage as coke bottles and most soft drink bottles do not have sufficient oxygen barrier properties to store beer for extended period. With that said for storing beer for 1 month they should be fine.

Is there any potential to create a hop doser with a couple of these tee pieces and an old fermentasaurus valve for the All Rounder?

Do the Series X Kegerators fit 4 Pin-lock kegs? I have converted Pin-locks to Ball-locks as they are a bit shorter and allow me to have an extra shelf in my current fridge, but they are a bit wider so I want to be sure 4 will fit before ordering a Series X.

Yes you can get the converted pin locks in the Series X however I don't think you can get 4. It will only fit 3 of these i believe. We do not sell any converted pin locks. We don't really like them as the footprint is a bit larger and generally in most keg fridges you don't fit as many in. Pretty much all the home brewing kegs we sell are the 210mm diameter kegs. Generally I would recommend new guys to try and stick to the standard 210mm diameter sizes as we make everything to fit these such as replacement parts, dip tubes, keg backpacks, parkas and anything else we make in the future will be to suit this standard 19L or 9.5L keg shape.

Is there any potential to create a hop doser with a couple of these tee pieces and an old fermentasaurus valve for the All Rounder?

We do not have plans to do this just yet but we would be keen to hear your comments on this? Do you mean something like a bottle connected to one of the outlets on the lid and then with something to open so the hops fall in? Is this what you would be after?

No worries. We will make sure we cover this in the instructional video when it's released. When w have been doing this in the office we use the 8mm socket like this one and we put this on the end of the impact driver.

8mm worked a treat.

My next issue though is for the front castors. I only realised after taking out the other screws is that 2 of the holes for the front ones are not pre-drilled. I wasn't too keen on drilling into the bottom of the fridge though.

20191126_203717.jpg

Dumb questions...

1) with respect to the Fermzilla Red Plastic Pressure Kits, are both red input pressure caps interchangeable with both a liquid and gas quick disconnect?

2) where can I find "KL14984 - Mini Gauge 0-23psi"? Would this be the perfect blow-tie/spunding valve for the Fermzilla All Rounder?

3) I understand there is a concern with the current blow-tie/spunding valve leaking due to the weight of it leaning off the connection. I'm assuming this new mini gauge would be significantly lighter?

Last edited:
We do not have plans to do this just yet but we would be keen to hear your comments on this? Do you mean something like a bottle connected to one of the outlets on the lid and then with something to open so the hops fall in? Is this what you would be after?

That's pretty much what I was thinking - now that I think about it a bit more, it's probably horribly impractical and would end up making mess. But if you work out a clean solution it could be a nice alternative to dry hopping through the sample jar on the fermzilla.

On an sort of related note, are there any plan to develop a dump valve for the fermzilla? It would be nice to be able to remove trub / yeast without taking the sample jar on and off repeatedly, and replacing the butterfly valve / sample jar with a dump value seems like it would an easy solution.

Dumb questions...

1) with respect to the Fermzilla Red Plastic Pressure Kits, are both red input pressure caps interchangeable with both a liquid and gas quick disconnect?

2) where can I find "KL14984 - Mini Gauge 0-23psi"? Would this be the perfect blow-tie/spunding valve for the Fermzilla All Rounder?

3) I understand there is a concern with the current blow-tie/spunding valve leaking due to the weight of it leaning off the connection. I'm assuming this new mini gauge would be significantly lighter?

1) yep
2) don’t think they’re out yet
3) I’ve never had an issue with this and mine hangs off about 6 inches of line from the disconnect

Latest posts

Back