Kegking 19L new kegs vs second hand

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownshoes

Reaction score
I was just looking at prices for a couple extra kegs and noticed that kegking are now selling new kegs for $99 vs $69 for second hand ones.

I've noticed the quality of second hand kegs are not as good as a few years ago (everyone cherry picked the good ones?) Given this and the cost of replacement parts if they aren't as good as they seem on first inspection, is the extra $30 worth it? What is the quality of build of the new ones compared to second hand kegs?

Thanks

I've had no problems with my ones in terms of leaks and functionality, albeit no rubber ends which make it slightly tedious when cleaning (put them on my grass to hose out instead of concrete/paths). I just picked up two cornys on the weekend and both leak from the lids, was probably better just getting some more new ones!

I have heard people mention brand new italian ones (super high quality) are around, but I have been unable to locate a supplier.

DJ_L3ThAL said:
I have heard people mention brand new italian ones (super high quality) are around, but I have been unable to locate a supplier.

This place imports the brand new Italian ones, at least they did last time I called in there. They seemed to be moving out of beer a bit selling off kits cheap. They had brand new Italian cornys on the shelf rubber feet and all. Looked the goods but I recall them being pretty exxy. Mind you this would have to be over twelve months ago, still may be worth a call.

The new Italian ones seem to be around $180 at most places, $165 at iBrew. At that price it seems hard to justify.

I hadn't thought about the lack of rubber ends. I'm a little heavy handed/clumsy with my current kegs so may be a factor.

Seems like I might have to make a trip to keg king and see what the quality of their second hand ones are like before making a decision.

wonder if anyone could 3D print a top and bottom plastic or rubber "sleeve end" for the new KK kegs? ;)

Bridges said:
This place imports the brand new Italian ones, at least they did last time I called in there. They seemed to be moving out of beer a bit selling off kits cheap. They had brand new Italian cornys on the shelf rubber feet and all. Looked the goods but I recall them being pretty exxy. Mind you this would have to be over twelve months ago, still may be worth a call.
the last two sold today :-(... they have some 9L left for $120ea..... might just try some new lid o-rings on my cornies first

Latest posts

Back