Kegging Cocktails?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roach

brasserie de cancrelat
Reaction score
have a party coming up and have had a request to make up a cocktail for every guest. I had a thought that I could use a 11litre keg as the storage vessel and dispenser for the cocktail mix and in that way save time on the day. I have done something similar in making up homemade cruiser mix in a keg, but wanted to know views on whether there are any pitfalls with kegging cocktails(eg mixing, blockage, keep away from cream/milk based cocktails etc). Might have to shake the keg between pours.

With CO2 you wont have to worry about oxidisation and spoilage of milk based drinks. The only thing I would worry about are rubber parts picking up flavours, or worse harbouring lactic bacteria. If this happens, your next batch of beer will taste a little funky.

Roach,
You can hire a cocktail machine for mot much. Reckon I can get a pretty good deal on them too from the keg guy.

cheers
Darren

Yes nice idea Daren. Trouble is party hire places charge around $200 for the machine. That would severely impact on my brew equip budget for the year and so not a goer.

will prolly use 2 x 11 litre kegs - 1 for a champagne based cocktail and the other for a daiquiri.

Barfridge - thanks for the tip and will be extra anal about cleaning these kegs after use.

Hi Roach

For the carbonated ones, I find gassing and holding at 300kPa does a good job of giving the spritzy sort of carbonation people expect.

Latest posts

Back