Keggerator making ear piercing noise

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopAssault

Reaction score
So my keggerator just started making an incredibly loud, ear piercing noise, it sounds like its an alarm of sorts. The display screen is showing 'EE' and blinking. I noticed last night that the temperature had switched to Fahrenheit from Celsius on the display screen and wasn't allowing me to change it back, which makes me think its an electrical problem.
The fridge does not sound like it's on either, cant hear the compressor running, and the kegs are getting a little warm.
FWIW its an oldie, its a Kegmate, probably the first series, I purchased it second hand a couple of months back and it's been working fine up until now. Any thoughts?

Agree - definitely seems like an electrical issue.

EE is the error code. If you have your original user manual it may indicate what this means.

I would suggest replacing the temperature control unit - you can use the good old STC1000 and just put the relay to switch the thermostat input into the compressor motor starter circuit if you're a bit of a handyman like me a licensed electrician

Unfortunately I don't have the user manual, and can't seem to find a online version of it either (not surprising considering the age).

Thanks for the link to that thread, good to see there's a few people that've been able to fix it fairly easily. Luckily I do have a replacement panel as well as two circuit boards so it looks like i'll be pulling the thing apart!

If all else fails, I might have to go down the new STC route.

Mine did that recently. As said above the lcd has got some condensation in it. I got a replacement from Keg King and had it all fixed in under 15 minutes, in fact that included upgrading the temp controller as well, which removed the no lower than 4C issue as a bonus.

Latest posts

Back