Kegerator Vs Kegmaster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross - what's the difference between the cheapie font & taps? Is it just the tap, or the font too?

I'm a fan of a do it once, do it right but I can't imagine that the font (which should just be a chrome steel tube) could have much to do with the foaming issues?

I think if somebodies looking for a serious bargain - making your own kegerator or keg-freezer is the way to go - what you save you pay for in your own time and inginuity.
Otherwise you're better off to spend the extra 10-20% and get something that has been checked over and is a finished, working product. You pay for the convenience of plug and play.

Chris

Found a brisbane based supplier on ebay, that has the 2 font, 3 keg fitting ones with reg, fittings, etc for $550, with free delivery within 25km of Mt Gravatt (which I am just).

Looks like he'll get my money on the weekend.

Goomba

Got to say from the photos that it certainly looks like a nice quality setup not that you can tell how good the taps are from a picture.

Must stop looking on evilbay and stick to my bottle collection :icon_cheers:

Ask any kegerator supplier if the little LCD unit is replaceable!

The brains of temp control is in behind it and I know one brewer whose LCD unit died a few months after warranty ran out and it could not be replaced! He ended up replacing it with a digital controller discussed on this forum elsewhere.

Also, this brewer was told that the font was stainless steel and it turned out to be chrome plated steel that had already started rusting before the unit had arrived at his house. The supplier moaned and groaned, but ended up replacing it with the proper stainless steel one.

Point being that not just the font/taps can be chinese junk (its the brewers fault remember), but the other components can be as well.

If it is a cheap price, its probably a cheap build.

Hey alkl, just bought a kegerator, which was delivered today. Have unpacked everything...(this is crap..im thinking)..leaks, its terrible plastic.. these taps wont last long. ive taken the font apart 3 times to try and trace a leak..have i mentioned its crap!!.. Has anyone done a mod for the taps?..which will fit in the pathetic font?..i really cnt believe i bought this..i thought the font and taps would be steel. I basiacally paid $600 for a bar fridge with 2 holes drilled in it.. **** me...lol

Back