Kegerator Vs Kegmaster

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kiwisteveo

Reaction score
just saw craftbrewers deal of the moment $399 for the kegerator,but proberly going to grain & grape tomorrow and the kegmaster 3 is $595 so is their a massive difference between the two(apart from no font included at craftbrewer)

just saw craftbrewers deal of the moment $399 for the kegerator,but proberly going to grain & grape tomorrow and the kegmaster 3 is $595 so is their a massive difference between the two(apart from no font included at craftbrewer)

They are the same base fridge. By the same, i mean identical. The difference is in the "accessories" or the quality of the bits and bobs that you get included with it.

The fridge is the same, comes with a standard set of bits that can be changed for better gear.

so the 64 thousand dollar question is which is the best deal????

Kegerators are identical - If you want a Chinese font, I'm happy to add one for $50, I've got heaps I don't know what to do with.

Cheers Ross

Kegerators are identical - If you want a Chinese font, I'm happy to add one for $50, I've got heaps I don't know what to do with.

Cheers Ross

this may sound stupid but yours are a brown colour and g&g is silver looking(picture looks totally diff on both sites)so are the same apart from what your looking at on the outside

this may sound stupid but yours are a brown colour and g&g is silver looking(picture looks totally diff on both sites)so are the same apart from what your looking at on the outside

Identical inside & out....just the pictures

Tempting. How much to have one sent to Tassie?

Do I assume, G&G comes with the shitty chinese we pour froth beer font I have heard so many bad reports about for 595 and CB comes with no font for 399 or add the chinese font and its 449.

Out of interest why are they both selling crappy fonts?

Whats a CB worth with a font that works? and do they have a temp display? edit. i should look it up but didnt.

I'll tell a tale out of school and hope I don't offend Ross, but when he gets the kegmates they actually come supplied to him with a Chinese double font in a box inside. I went in and picked mine up Anthony kindly unpacked it for me so I could fit it into the hatch and during the unpack I saw there was a box inside with a font. He took it out and placed it on a pallet with a lot of other little boxes. As he said, Ross could charge you $50 extra for the fridge / fonts as he gets them in - then spend the next three months on the phone trying to explain to you why your fonts are dripping and pouring foam and.....

The guy would rather - much rather - take the font hit (as that is how the unit is imported and I guess he can't do much about that at the moment anyway) and ensure that you get a quality system at the end of the day by spending a bit extra for a quality font set, as there's nothing wrong with the fridge itself. As they used to say, the included font spoils the ship for the haporth of tar.

I expect he will sell them in bulk to someone else who can put them on Ebay cheap, whatever, and caveat emptor.

Haysie,

I believe G&G sells the Chinese fonts that come with the kegerators, but you'd have to confirm that with them.

The Chinese fonts/taps IMO are not of merchantable quality & hence we do not generally offer them with the fridges unless specifically requested.
Unfortunately we are sat on approx 60 of them, gathering dust.
Yes, the kegerators have a temp display.

cheers Ross

Do I assume, G&G comes with the shitty chinese we pour froth beer font I have heard so many bad reports about for 595 and CB comes with no font for 399 or add the chinese font and its 449.

Out of interest why are they both selling crappy fonts?

Whats a CB worth with a font that works? and do they have a temp display? edit. i should look it up but didnt.

They are the same unit from wherever. China probably. They all come with the same crap font. Add a better font. Obviously will cost more.

I have one of these units and the supplied taps were never used. It was an easy job to replace with perlicks.

all i did was drill out the pipe where the tap sits in with my kegmaster and that took care of my foam problem as the beer was going from the copper pipe and hitting the tap hole wall which was smaller in diameter and a bit of a rough edge. I have to add that i was pouring carlton draught (got it wholesale for 6 months). I have for the very first time put a brew from a kit down last night and will be using corn kegs. I hope the pour is as good

Necro (almost) thread:

Looking at buying a kegerator. Now the biggest caveat I need to put in, is that I'm quite happy with a 2 corny keg sized kegerator - I don't drink or brew enough beer to make a 3 keg holder viable, if a 2 kegger is cheaper. If I ever buy more than 2 kegs, I'll carb them up, and then leave them under the house or in the spare fridge. I'm not bothered in the least by this. I also don't mind it being a single font in the least. By the time I get through a keg, I'll have hopefully talked the Minister of Finance into agreeing to a 2 font (maybe), or I'll just wear having to switch kegs manually - honestly, I don't care.

I'm not going to do my own, for 2 reasons. 1. I suck at DIY. 2. My missus would rather me get a kegerator because they look good and fit in the house. Most beer purchases are a mission, so I'm taking this gimme.

Finally, getting a reg and font as part of it is a big seller for me, because 1. I suck at DIY- this gives me less to stuff up and 2. I have yet to purchase these items and incorporating this into my budget would be a big bonus - even if I did prefer to upgrade the reg and font later on.

Okey dokey.

Craftbrewer Kegerator $499 Pros - I can pick up, Cons - don't need 3 kegs, no reg, no font, nothing except the fridge itself.

Keg King $499 Pro's - free delivery for items over $200, has font, tap and reg. Cons - none that I can see

ebay purchase $379 +100 del + 40 ins = $519. Pro's - reg, font, etc included; con's - marginally more expensive than kegking if I'm right about keg king's postage.

Any other kegerators on the market around this size and price range?

Anything else a keg newb needs to know?

Am I seeing this right that the keg king/ebay keg appear to be better value?

cheers

Goomba

Necro (almost) thread:

Looking at buying a kegerator. Now the biggest caveat I need to put in, is that I'm quite happy with a 2 corny keg sized kegerator - I don't drink or brew enough beer to make a 3 keg holder viable, if a 2 kegger is cheaper. If I ever buy more than 2 kegs, I'll carb them up, and then leave them under the house or in the spare fridge. I'm not bothered in the least by this. I also don't mind it being a single font in the least. By the time I get through a keg, I'll have hopefully talked the Minister of Finance into agreeing to a 2 font (maybe), or I'll just wear having to switch kegs manually - honestly, I don't care.

I'm not going to do my own, for 2 reasons. 1. I suck at DIY. 2. My missus would rather me get a kegerator because they look good and fit in the house. Most beer purchases are a mission, so I'm taking this gimme.

Finally, getting a reg and font as part of it is a big seller for me, because 1. I suck at DIY- this gives me less to stuff up and 2. I have yet to purchase these items and incorporating this into my budget would be a big bonus - even if I did prefer to upgrade the reg and font later on.

Okey dokey.

Craftbrewer Kegerator $499 Pros - I can pick up, Cons - don't need 3 kegs, no reg, no font, nothing except the fridge itself.

Keg King $499 Pro's - free delivery for items over $200, has font, tap and reg. Cons - none that I can see

ebay purchase $379 +100 del + 40 ins = $519. Pro's - reg, font, etc included; con's - marginally more expensive than kegking if I'm right about keg king's postage.

Any other kegerators on the market around this size and price range?

Anything else a keg newb needs to know?

Am I seeing this right that the keg king/ebay keg appear to be better value?

cheers

Goomba

i know you say 1 font will do, and you dont need it to hold 3 kegs, but this will likely change when you have it, so i'd recommend you get the flat door one that fits 3 kegs, with a 2 tap font, i'm quite sure they are sold with dual tap fonts

having a 3rd keg in the fridge can help with lagering/conditioning/carbonating the next keg, even if it isnt connected

Latest posts

Back