Keg tap spout covers?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welly2

Reaction score
Trying to find a spout cover that isn't the crappy kegking plug (which I had and would never stay on) that looks like:

Tap drip cover MEDIUM.jpg

Cannot find them anywhere! Any pointers where to find one (or ideally two)?

Cheers

Just recieved Universal silicone faucet plugs from Keg King, there nothing like the above and are shorter. They work well, and when put on you need to release the air pressure or they'll "pop" off.
Cheers

GalBrew said:
The brushes fit fine on my Perlicks and my KK creamer tap.
The brushes fit in, but dont seal at all. They are designed to be pushed up into the tap and seal against the little rubber washer on them. Perlicks (both new and old) and the KK Intertaps are too narrow to seat them fully.
Without being seated fully they still let air up into the tap and oxidise any beer residue.

takai said:
The brushes fit in, but dont seal at all. They are designed to be pushed up into the tap and seal against the little rubber washer on them. Perlicks (both new and old) and the KK Intertaps are too narrow to seat them fully.
Without being seated fully they still let air up into the tap and oxidise any beer residue.
Well we must have brushes from a different manufacturer. You are right that the KK ones are too long (but it does seal up my creamer tap, also from KK), but my other shorter ones seal up just fine.

I'm not 100% sure as I bought them a long time ago, but I am pretty sure I got my shorter ones form Brewmart in WA.

Its not the length that causes the issue its the diameter of the plug itself.

I though they were designed to keep fruit flies and other bugs out of your taps. Even a 100% seal isn't going to stop the beer residue in you tap from oxidation unless you are planning on purging your taps?

welly2 said:
Trying to find a spout cover that isn't the crappy kegking plug (which I had and would never stay on) that looks like:

attachicon.gif
Tap drip cover MEDIUM.jpg

Cannot find them anywhere! Any pointers where to find one (or ideally two)?

Cheers
I got ones like that from Brewer's Choice. I don't really care about the beer residue in the tap - I got them more to stop ants and other bugs from going up inside the taps and ending up in a glass of beer later on...

Rocker1986 said:
I got ones like that from Brewer's Choice. I don't really care about the beer residue in the tap - I got them more to stop ants and other bugs from going up inside the taps and ending up in a glass of beer later on...
Exactly my reason. I did buy a couple of those keg king plugs but found they wouldn't stay on for love nor money. I'll check out Brewer's Choice. Cheers!

The keg king ones don't measure up and look a bit crap. If you can stand the shipping costs Amazon has the ones shown in the OP.

For anyone in NZ - BrewShop has them

Latest posts

Back