Keg Setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regulator info check out my

interesting read. did you end up getting a dual reg?

Can different carb levels be achieved by diff amounts of force carbonation, then having the kegs at the same serving pressure.

What does a manifold do for you?

You don't actually see the shanks so it's not really a bling factor, for me it was more a cleaning and maintenance issue - and then if your taps are stainless do you want to run the beer through chome first?

What are the cleaning / maintenance issues?

Can different carb levels be achieved by diff amounts of force carbonation, then having the kegs at the same serving pressure.
No, your serving pressure has to be set based on the carb level you want.

What does a manifold do for you?
A manafold is what splits the gas lines so you can connect 1 gas bottle to multiple kegs

What are the cleaning / maintenance issues?
Stainless is eaiser to clean than chrome and alot more durable.

Stainless is eaiser to clean than chrome and alot more durable.

ahh ok. i was thinking about getting the Perlick 545PC flow control faucet, which is in chrome only. do you recommend still getting a stainless shank?

A manafold is what splits the gas lines so you can connect 1 gas bottle to multiple kegs

Ahh ok. i was wondering how that worked. i didnt know if it was a splitter in the gas line or something.

so something like this: http://www.thebeertapstore.com/2_way_Co2_G...old_p/gm002.htm
might be the go?

ahh ok. i was thinking about getting the Perlick 545PC flow control faucet, which is in chrome only. do you recommend still getting a stainless shank?
Really just comes down to what you are willing to spend. Stainless is better if you can afford it, but chrome stuff really isn't that bad.

Ahh ok. i was wondering how that worked. i didnt know if it was a splitter in the gas line or something.

so something like this: http://www.thebeertapstore.com/2_way_Co2_G...old_p/gm002.htm
might be the go?

Yeah, that looks fine. I went with 4 of these for my setup (you basically join them together to make your own manafold). I went with them because i like the idea of being able to add more to it later when I want to expand my setup.

I went with 4 of these for my setup

they look neat. i like the expandability of them like you suggest. Do they provide the reverse flow protection? Or does it come back to get a TESUCO reg and it has it built in.

they look neat. i like the expandability of them like you suggest. Do they provide the reverse flow protection? Or does it come back to get a TESUCO reg and it has it built in.

I went with this. You can either put 1 on input, or put 1 on each of the outputs. I only got 1, but alot of people like having 1 per output as it prevents any backflow of beer between kegs.

Although if you went the Tesuco you wouldn't need it.

THanks again Glen for your replies!

You can either put 1 on input, or put 1 on each of the outputs.

ahh ok. Tesuco has protection else with a diff reg use a similar item to that specified. On the outputs it protects against beer from one keg flowing into the other keg.

Seems i need to find a basic diagram of how to connect it all up.

They look good, and a good price too.

I'd suggest going with a 4way or even 6 way instead of a 2 way if you have any intention of running more taps one day

Alternate style :

http://towercooler.com/index.php?option=co...0&Itemid=81

You can find the above style cheaper at other places too.

If you're only planning on running two kegs, then just get a JG T fitting

http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/shop/details.asp?PID=742

and split your gas line.

When you decide to upgrade to more live kegs, then get a 4 way or 6 way manifold with the on off switches and checkvalves. Until then a basic splitter and the checkvalve in a good reg (or a separate valve) will be more than fine.

If you're only planning on running two kegs, then just get a JG T fitting

yep only planning on 2 kegs at the moment. its all my fridge can take :)

I was thinking Tesuco REG with reverse flow on the kegs.

I will most likely source my bits from a few different suppliers. No LHBS would do a good package deal.

Can anyone recommend a place that does good (value for money) tower fonts for two taps?

I have a set of those plastic 'Gas Line Splitier' but have not yet used them, there are also a few posts here on the forums where people had leaks with them.
So far I just split gas lines to 4 kegs via JG type Y and T fittings - it's not ideal but it works fine, and would be no problem in a 2-keg setup. However, if you're buying non-return valves, I'd suggest getting 1 of each keg (so that if there is pressure differential between the kegs beer will not travel via the gas lines).

In regard to stainless/chrome it's really a personal preference based on cleaning, durability and cost. Stainless is virtually indestructible and can be cleaned with mostly anything but costs more, but if you're careful with chrome stuff it should work fine for you.

so before i pull the trigger i want to check something.

i am going to run a dual tap font tower. on it i will have 2 perlick 545 flow control taps. Do i need to get any shanks?

thanks

Back