Keg King Elements

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GalBrew said:
Out of curiosity, in what capacity were you using the element? HLT, Kettle? I use one on my HERMS setup, but use different elements on my HLT (kettle is gas).
Mate, I use two when I brew. Biab 18gal keg.... but when they fail, like they ALWAYS DO...I like to know what my options are.

Jeez, I must of got lucky with mine. Usually, when I buy something, I always seem to get the bung one. But my KK element, which is a series one or two, is still going strong after countless brews. Mind you it's on my HLT which is well insulated and once it hits temps it rarely comes back on for more than half a minute. I'm not advocating that these are a safe product though, this thread is clear proof they're not. It seems like they were built way too light for intended purposes and while they might suffice for light work they are clearly not suitable for extended use and therefore unsafe for our safety standards in Australia.

Hmmm, i posted last time and thought cause there's so many posts on this subject mine would just disappear, but it hasn't moved far. On that, I took it back in for a trade - no problem with the vendor but I got the new one and it's exactly the same. Boiled once and it has the same rusting problem. I'd post photos but you can look at the last one and it's the same. Dunno what to do about this one, I don't mind the 40-50 bucks. The thing that shits me is the hole in my keggle that I could have avoided...

Newts said:
Hmmm, i posted last time and thought cause there's so many posts on this subject mine would just disappear, but it hasn't moved far. On that, I took it back in for a trade - no problem with the vendor but I got the new one and it's exactly the same. Boiled once and it has the same rusting problem. I'd post photos but you can look at the last one and it's the same. Dunno what to do about this one, I don't mind the 40-50 bucks. The thing that shits me is the hole in my keggle that I could have avoided...
It is called stain less not stain proof. because it needs to be cleaned to stay shiny

it is not that bad 1inch BSP plug and lock nut will fix it. come to think of it 1inch BSP element will fit through it aswell A 50mm tri clamp and element housing from punkin would be even better. some good options.

Newts said:
Hit up Nev and he can at least sort you out with something, alas not plug and play but at least the plug part - http://gryphonbrewing.com.au/product_info.php?cPath=83&products_id=602

I've got the 3600W and 2400W Gryphon elements in my system. Haven't given the 2400W a whirl yet but the build quality is on par with the other unit, and it's excellent.
I upgraded because my Keg King element went down to earth.

Non Moderator hat: posted as me.

One of my NEW MODEL keg king elements decided to start raising a ground fault today on it's 4th use. I'm over this company and their shit products. How long before the second one goes out in true form. I've now thrown 2 of the old model away at my loss. With the promise of the new model being reliable I tried them again, as it was an easy way to reuse the same hole. So element number 3 will be thrown to the bin as Keg King expect me to return their shit products at my expense even though they know they keep failing.

QldKev said:
Non Moderator hat: posted as me.

One of my NEW MODEL keg king elements decided to start raising a ground fault today on it's 4th use. I'm over this company and their shit products. How long before the second one goes out in true form. I've now thrown 2 of the old model away at my loss. With the promise of the new model being reliable I tried them again, as it was an easy way to reuse the same hole. So element number 3 will be thrown to the bin as Keg King expect me to return their shit products at my expense even though they know they keep failing.
You don't like them do you Kev?? :p

I can't believe people keep buying them, get decent element . I bought one some 15 years ago and I bet whoever owns my old HLT, has never had a problem with it.

I get my elements from Barling elements in cheltenham.. that is where 2 brothers get there stuff from.. good quality.

I ordered one for a lad, told him the reviews online but didn't phase him he insisted I order it.

I've just ordered 36 camco elements from the states, I suspect he will be buying one in the near future.

One of the 'old' ones listed 2 years for me and was replaced without question..

When buying a product like this, it's true that it should be measured in multiple years..

I defer to folks that have already been there and done that.. But..

For me, and let it be said I have no affiliation. Service cannot be faulted... Well except for the eventual failure of the old unit...

My only problem is no local suppliers for it, so I have to pay the return of the product. I waited a while before ordering the new ones thinking they had sorted out their issues. Last time I think I will ever be buying a Keg King product, when you have a look on here at how many different Keg King items let people down.

Yob said:
One of the 'old' ones listed 2 years for me and was replaced without question..

When buying a product like this, it's true that it should be measured in multiple years..

I defer to folks that have already been there and done that.. But..

For me, and let it be said I have no affiliation. Service cannot be faulted... Well except for the eventual failure of the old unit...
Same happened with me too Yob. Took 3 elements down and replaced them on the spot, brand new ones in box. I wasn't even going to consider it, but Ro55co mentioned to give it a shot and they were overly helpful.

Kev, I would call them and ask to speak to Kee (the owner I think) - he has been very helpful and has gone out of his way to help if I have ever had an issue with his products.

Slightly OT but I use a number of Keg King products and have never had an issue with any of them. Kee has always been happy to have a chat over the phone when I have had questions. I haven;t used the elements but certainly use and would buy from again. Their temp control units are great.

idzy said:
Same happened with me too Yob. Took 3 elements down and replaced them on the spot, brand new ones in box. I wasn't even going to consider it, but Ro55co mentioned to give it a shot and they were overly helpful.
You needed to take 3 elements back. :huh:

QldKev said:
My only problem is no local suppliers for it, so I have to pay the return of the product. I waited a while before ordering the new ones thinking they had sorted out their issues. Last time I think I will ever be buying a Keg King product, when you have a look on here at how many different Keg King items let people down.
When do you not have to cover cost to get a faulting product back to the supplier?

If you buy a TV from Harvey Norman, get it home and it is fine for 4 months... then it faults, does HN offer pre paid couriers to return the item?

I consider KK as a very reputable retailer... with good product, they stand behind, with good service.. seems it is reflected, above.

10c.

Cocko said:
When do you not have to cover cost to get a faulting product back to the supplier? If you buy a TV from Harvey Norman, get it home and it is fine for 4 months... then it faults, does HN offer pre paid couriers to return the item? I consider KK as a very reputable retailer... with good product, they stand behind, with good service.. seems it is reflected, above. 10c.
Under Australian consumer law, you can,actually claim to cover 'reasonable' costs to return a faulty item, they cannot refuse.

Back