Keg King Elements

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 20-25 brews on my KK element no problems. Am maybe going to incorporate it into a herms tube at some point

sp0rk said:
That's exactly where I was going to go
I used to work there :)
Just need to see if they can do a weldless setup like the KK element
Cant see why they cant. They do just about anything. I reckon there would be a market for an aussie made SS element.

Your the man Spork. You still got contacts there. I put the phone system in there a few yesrs back and they where really nice to deal with. I remember asking them about an element for a kettle to make beer. The response was " your a home brewer....yep....we can do something up fairly easly"

The owners go to my gym, I'll have to have a chat with them next time I see them
I'm sure if they can see the profit in it, they'd be able to do an element up
Maybe even some purpose built controllers, too

Good thing is they can make straight, round,coils...all sorts of shapes.

The good thing is that thay can tailor the element to suit vessel size, shape & volumefor optimum performance.

They wont be $40 ..... But you will get a superior product that will last. But as they say...you get what you pay for.

Wonder if its worth talking the our retailers about stocking them. Be a win win all round.

When I worked there, it wasn't very common to get any elements coming back
Any retailers that are watching this thread, would this be something you'd be interested in stocking?

QldKev said:
In my last post I asked "How long before the second one goes out in true form." This morning I found out the answer, 6 weeks. A bang and a blue flame shoots out the side of the element. So that is both of the new model elements I purchased that has now died. Once again this company works out to be a very expensive place to shop as I now need to purchase 2 different elements to replace them.
Kev,
I use these elements in my kettle.
http://www.ibrew.com.au/collections/gas-burners-heating-elements/products/heating-element-2400w
For anyone who wants plug and play these fit the bill.
Have done about 25-30 brews with these without any problems.
In my HLT and HERMs I just use $8 kettle elements. After 3 years have not had any problems with them either.

GalBrew said:
Has anyone used one of these for any extended length of time and not had it explode? I have one of the new models in my HERMS and am considering giving it the flick. Already had my Chinese gas burner leak gas and fire everywhere, I am kind of over it,
I modified mine (original model) after having made about a half-doz brews - so far so good, fingers crossed.

[zoom]

I ended up buying some new elements. The supplier of these claims he has never had a return. No more dodgy Keg King shit to try and kill me. Only thing is I need to get a plug hooked up by an electrician.

elements_zps83601e56.jpg

Damn. They look hot (pun intended). Any chance of a link or price ( in a separate thread if need be). Me likey.

Camo6 said:
Damn. They look hot (pun intended). Any chance of a link or price ( in a separate thread if need be). Me likey.
They are $89.95 each. That includes the elements and the housing including the tri-clamps etc, all in 304 stainless. Also they are 2400w.

Thanks Kev. Keen to know how they go. What length is the element? I'd like to upgrade my hermit kettle element and this might suit.

QldKev said:
They are $89.95 each. That includes the elements and the housing including the tri-clamps etc, all in 304 stainless. Also they are 2400w.
Look great QldKev, where abouts did you get them?

I'm running two of those 5star ones in a 70L BIAB and they definitely do the job.

QldKev said:
Easy cleaning with those elements,Kev what is the diameter of the whole for mounting ?
Cheers..spog...
Umm,just put my glasses on and found out myself,

Camo6 said:
Thanks Kev. Keen to know how they go. What length is the element? I'd like to upgrade my hermit kettle element and this might suit.
The element in the kettle is 235mm. Overall length is 350mm.

I'll get them hooked up today so will post a pic of them installed. First test is in the morning. Hopefully we have found a decent grade stainless element that will last.

spog said:
Easy cleaning with those elements,Kev what is the diameter of the whole for mounting ?
Cheers..spog...
Umm,just put my glasses on and found out myself,
Just for anyone else reading, 1"BSP / 32mm which is the same as the Keg King element. Although I noticed the thread is a bit deeper on these new elements so I need to machine my hole out a bit, but the nuts are still interchangeable.

You can also buy just the element without the bling housing, so then you could use a diecast enclosure etc.

They are installed and tested. :wub:

5star_elements2_zps1a8d1aa3.jpg

Time will tell now how they last. They sure look nice, but I should have polished them up for the pic.

TidalPete said:
Might be interested in this?

Does anyone know if they will fit inside a HERM-IT ss HEX coil?

Too long?

These protude into the kettle/HERMS 235mm, the main windings on the coil is 160mm.

Thanks Kev.

They are too long then if overall coil length is only 260mm as mentioned in another thread.
you would need a depth of 260mm minimum under the lid to fully immerse the element. :(

Back