Keg King Elements

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yob said:
Under Australian consumer law, you can,actually claim to cover 'reasonable' costs to return a faulty item, they cannot refuse.

The "law" says a lot of things... The "Reality" is often different...

Interesting though, cheers!

But they're still pretty firm on public nudity and exposure mate. Deal with it Cocko.

Cocko said:
When do you not have to cover cost to get a faulting product back to the supplier?

If you buy a TV from Harvey Norman, get it home and it is fine for 4 months... then it faults, does HN offer pre paid couriers to return the item?

I consider KK as a very reputable retailer... with good product, they stand behind, with good service.. seems it is reflected, above.

10c.

Yob said:
Under Australian consumer law, you can,actually claim to cover 'reasonable' costs to return a faulty item, they cannot refuse.

The home theater amp in my lounge is playing up. I contacted the warranty agent and they have sent me a free post label to send it to them.

Have a search on here,there is a quite a few 'my product is broken' threads related back to their products. Of the top of my head I recall, heating elements, rusting kegs with poor welds, leaking keg posts, leaking keg disconnects, silicone hose, mills and this is just what I recall as I type. These are not what I have started, but people on here. I don't know their entire product range, I only see what is posted on here. To me for the type of equipment we are talking about a good supplier with a good product provides something that lasts for many years. It's not just rated by failing units that is easily exchanged for another if you happen to live close to the supplier. How would you feel if every few months the element in your HWS needed replacing, or you had to take back your fridge for a replacement every few months?

I know for a fact that a supplier on here , has stopped stocking a range of Keg king stuff because its cheap Chinese rubbish.This same supplier is then often labeled as too expensive as he stocks the quality , genuine product that is often more expensive .
This supplier showed me some keg king erlenmyer type sample flasks that we a quarter of the price of the schott 5 litre ones...who would buy this type of flask when it has air bubbles in it...
This supplier got sick of returning stuff to Kee....
Onto consumer law...
Caveat emptor...it's Latin and it means buyer beware..

I've purchased a lot of stuff from Keg King over the last few years. I had one of the original elements which I knew was a faulty design due to all the failure reports, regardless it lasted nearly 2 years before finally starting to fail and I returned it for one of the new designs, no questions asked, no receipt or proof of purchase, just handed it over and they gave me the new one. New one has been fine so far.

I think you need to consider price when buying stuff. Keg King prices are very low, when paying very low prices you need to wear some responsibility that the quality your getting may not be up there with stuff 2 or 3 times the price. If you cant handle that or the hassle of returning something yourself when there's a problem then you really need to spend more money - its that simple.

I'm with you frothie. Purchasers need to take responsibility for the decisions they make when buying. in this day of information overload, if you choose not to research the product or do research it and take the cheaper option then that decision is yours and you are responsible for it. stop the brand bashing!

I have purchased probably 90% of my equipment there, only problem I've had is with a keg disconnect. Hardly an issue really.

They have been more than helpful on every occasion I've been there.

Ps no affiliation

Cocko said:
When do you not have to cover cost to get a faulting product back to the supplier?

If you buy a TV from Harvey Norman, get it home and it is fine for 4 months... then it faults, does HN offer pre paid couriers to return the item?

I consider KK as a very reputable retailer... with good product, they stand behind, with good service.. seems it is reflected, above.

10c.
No, you ring up the warranty line from the manufacturer and they send around a repair man.
They did for me anyway.

QldKev said:
Non Moderator hat: posted as me.

One of my NEW MODEL keg king elements decided to start raising a ground fault today on it's 4th use. I'm over this company and their shit products. How long before the second one goes out in true form. I've now thrown 2 of the old model away at my loss. With the promise of the new model being reliable I tried them again, as it was an easy way to reuse the same hole. So element number 3 will be thrown to the bin as Keg King expect me to return their shit products at my expense even though they know they keep failing.
In my last post I asked "How long before the second one goes out in true form." This morning I found out the answer, 6 weeks. A bang and a blue flame shoots out the side of the element. So that is both of the new model elements I purchased that has now died. Once again this company works out to be a very expensive place to shop as I now need to purchase 2 different elements to replace them.

QldKev said:
In my last post I asked "How long before the second one goes out in true form." This morning I found out the answer, 6 weeks. A bang and a blue flame shoots out the side of the element. So that is both of the new model elements I purchased that has now died. Once again this company works out to be a very expensive place to shop as I now need to purchase 2 different elements to replace them.
Hmmm, I'm seriously thinking about taking a keg king element to my local element manufacturer and asking if they can make something similar for under $80 or so
If I can get something made up and at a decent price, it may be an alternative to these dodgy elements

Funny u say this, my one flash banged this morning and melted my plug to it's plug ... It was in my HLT.... I dunno what to do now... I'm considering one of those huge elements from the electric brewery but I'm unsure how to wire it myself.. Water and leccy is somthing I don't like playing with... Ffs, again, I also have to post mine back.. ***** fucked... Keg king needs to get their shit together

Was thinking of Thermal Electric Elements Spork ( since there on your doorstep )...I would bet they would have something in there catalog that would suit. But they also make custom jobs no problem.

Maybe you could get a bulk buy deal. **** the chinese shit. Buy locally made aussie ones.

Bridges said:
Are these the same as keg king elements? I'm looking at different elements for a build at the moment and I guess the attraction of this style is price and plug and play. Not many positive reviews though for the KK ones.

edit - spellen
Yep, that is a KK element in the flesh.

You will also note that the eBay seller in question sells a lot of KK stuff.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Was thinking of Thermal Electric Elements Spork ( since there on your doorstep )...I would bet they would have something in there catalog that would suit. But they also make custom jobs no problem.

Maybe you could get a bulk buy deal. **** the chinese shit. Buy locally made aussie ones.
That's exactly where I was going to go
I used to work there :)
Just need to see if they can do a weldless setup like the KK element

Has anyone used one of these for any extended length of time and not had it explode? I have one of the new models in my HERMS and am considering giving it the flick. Already had my Chinese gas burner leak gas and fire everywhere, I am kind of over it,

Back