Keg King Elements

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a new KK element that I use supported by gas in my 1V 2-3 batch rig, has done 4 brews without fault.

I am aware of someone else who has a new KK element who had it short and catch fire after 7 or 8 brews, the thin-gauge lead used may have been a contributing factor. I understand the element was replaced for free.

i've got one of these purchased around may this year, so i'm guessing it's a newer one.
Have used it twice, first time with no issue, second time it melted the plug on my extension lead. Would this be from using an IEC lead that is too thin?

planning on upgrading my brewery to all electric and weighing up whether to use these as the elements or a better option.

I use two of the revised type in my kettle for around a year now, brew every fortnight, no issues at all.

Have used it twice, first time with no issue, second time it melted the plug on my extension lead. Would this be from using an IEC lead that is too thin?.
If it was the plug on the extension lead, then your extension lead was not 10amp continuous rated. Nothing to do with the IEC lead.

Latest posts

Back