Keg King Conversation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're just fine tuning G3 for release and we'll be doing first come first served for the first couple hundred. Expect end of November at this point for the first units to be available. There are working units being tested and even a couple on display in our retail outlet to showcase the cleaning system and mini temp control system named the Thermentor King. We're really excited with the performance and small foot print of the these little temp control units. They're an excellent add on feature of the G3 fermenter but also have the ability to work in other applications such as chilling kegs.
Hey KK, will there be chilling coils available at release of the G3?

You are welcome. We are pretty excited about the whole concept and we think home brewers will like getting lots of extra functions for the same cost,

How is the chiller coil attached to the lid? And what is the reason for the offset coil rather than having a centred coil with the plunge plug going through the centre?

How is the chiller coil attached to the lid? And what is the reason for the offset coil rather than having a centred coil with the plunge plug going through the centre?
The coil inserts through the lid and is held by two nuts on top. Being offset assists with convection cooling and keeps it away from the flotation device holding the beer line pickup which is tethered to the valve actuator.

Hey Keg King

How long is your current sale on the kegerators on for

Mine just died an unnatural death and I'm possibly going to need one soon.

I don't think this can be fixed...
MVIMG_20191029_225848.jpeg

My son didn't put his cigarette butt out and the ash tray (plastic cup) full of butts caught fire....

@CEO Keg King do you guys have new models coming?

Not sure if they do but KL are releasing a ‘Series X’ that holds 4 kegs and is more insulated/efficient etc. releasing soon apparently..

Wish I had known as I only just bought a series 4 :(

Hey Keg King

How long is your current sale on the kegerators on for

Mine just died an unnatural death and I'm possibly going to need one soon.

I don't think this can be fixed...View attachment 116847
What happened to this thing? Is it an old series 3?
Not sure if they do but KL are releasing a ‘Series X’ that holds 4 kegs and is more insulated/efficient etc. releasing soon apparently..

Wish I had known as I only just bought a series 4 :(
Look Beer Baron I think its inappropriate for you to come here with that according to the site administrator. We know that you have always attacked us and most likely are someone associated with Kegland. We don't post on the Kegland thread and I ask you please do not post here. Do you think you could manage that? Really appreciate it if you could.

My son didn't put his cigarette butt out and the ash tray (plastic cup) full of butts caught fire....

@CEO Keg King do you guys have new models coming?
Gad that you asked this as we have been preparing a couple of new models which take it a bit to the next level. We are working on a new unit that will fit 6 kegs and has a proper Dixell controller, fan cooled condenser and more but I don't want to give too much away because we get haunted here by people as you can see from one poster. Yes the price will be a bit higher but the chilling rate is about 5 times faster. With the older series they dissipate heat through the walls and that is not very efficient. If you put 3 or 4 kegs in, that little compressor has to struggle a long time to push the heat out through those walls and in fact some of that heat will leak back through the walls to the interior. So whilst such a fridge can be made for very little the overall performance and efficiency will never compare to a unit which has a properly cooled condenser. We think there is room for a nice elegant 6 keg system of this type and the unit we are working on is really no louder than the old series 4. The other advantage of not having the heat pumped out through the walls is that if you drill a hole through the wall it will not kill the fridge. Overall the units are very serviceable if ever needed. So there are 6 and 8 keg units in the pipeline and we think homebrewers are going to like these when they realise they can afford something as good as these. You can stick 6 to 8 taps on them and they look great.

Gad that you asked this as we have been preparing a couple of new models which take it a bit to the next level. We are working on a new unit that will fit 6 kegs and has a proper Dixell controller, fan cooled condenser and more but I don't want to give too much away because we get haunted here by people as you can see from one poster. Yes the price will be a bit higher but the chilling rate is about 5 times faster. With the older series they dissipate heat through the walls and that is not very efficient. If you put 3 or 4 kegs in, that little compressor has to struggle a long time to push the heat out through those walls and in fact some of that heat will leak back through the walls to the interior. So whilst such a fridge can be made for very little the overall performance and efficiency will never compare to a unit which has a properly cooled condenser. We think there is room for a nice elegant 6 keg system of this type and the unit we are working on is really no louder than the old series 4. The other advantage of not having the heat pumped out through the walls is that if you drill a hole through the wall it will not kill the fridge. Overall the units are very serviceable if ever needed. So there are 6 and 8 keg units in the pipeline and we think homebrewers are going to like these when they realise they can afford something as good as these. You can stick 6 to 8 taps on them and they look great.
These 6 & 8 keg units sound interesting, but for those of us restricted (more or less) to the dimensions of the existing units: is there a new shiny in the KK pipeline?

Look Beer Baron I think its inappropriate for you to come here with that according to the site administrator. We know that you have always attacked us and most likely are someone associated with Kegland. We don't post on the Kegland thread and I ask you please do not post here. Do you think you could manage that? Really appreciate it if you could.

Just trying to help a fellow home brewer out. I would be cranky if I replaced with a series 4 from you or any of your competitors only for an upgraded model to drop soon after... If @NoClue2Brew wants to hold out for your new ones or KegLands or just get a straight replace is up to them.

I am not affiliated with KegLand and would still buy off you no issues but your behaviour on here has been less than squeaky clean.. including posting on the KL thread under another account which we all found out when you doxxed yourself.

Just trying to help a fellow home brewer out. I would be cranky if I replaced with a series 4 from you or any of your competitors only for an upgraded model to drop soon after... If @NoClue2Brew wants to hold out for your new ones or KegLands or just get a straight replace is up to them.

I am not affiliated with KegLand and would still buy off you no issues but your behaviour on here has been less than squeaky clean.. including posting on the KL thread under another account which we all found out when you doxxed yourself.
In response to that one could use a common expression like „yeah right“. BB (and I use it advisedly) please do not use the guise of helping fellow brewers to spruik Kegland so I ask you again politely to please leave it before I advise the administrator that you are up to your old tricks. You know full well that we took a long time to get back on AHB not because of something we did. Our team works hard to bring good products to home brewers and we don‘t need people like you trying to run interference here with your postings. If you want to take issue with me I don‘t have a problem with that and would be pleased to have a phone call with you but doubt that you have the courage to do that. Maybe if you are man enough then pick up the phone but if you are not then just go elsewhere please. No doubt you already have my number but in case you mislaid it then its 0419306571.

Latest posts

Back