Keg King Conversation

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keg King

Reaction score
Thanks to all the brewers on this forum who asked why we were no longer able to be here and encouraged us to keep trying. We're glad to be back and sponsoring the forum once again. Lots of good things have happened and we look forward to sharing with you about the products we are developing to make homebrewing fun. Cheers

Thanks to all the brewers on this forum who asked why we were no longer able to be here and encouraged us to keep trying. We're glad to be back and sponsoring the forum once again. Lots of good things have happened and we look forward to sharing with you about the products we are developing to make homebrewing fun. Cheers

Well it took some time but we never give up and we want to thank the AHB administrators who have helped us gain a spot on this forum after such a long absence. We look forward to interacting with all of you and hope that we can bring you good honest brewing kit at competetive pricing. Most of all we look forward to sharing experiences about our passions and that we get to see at least some of you at the many brew days that we have planned as the weather gets a bit better. Thanks to those many of our customers and friends who supported us and hope we get to raise a glass or two with as many of you that we can.

Its been a busy month at Keg King with the move to much bigger and better premises across the road in Springvale. The two warehouses we rented there were sold by the three owners and we acquired one at the auction for our overflow during busy periods. Just across the street at 48 Smith Road though was a much newer and better building which is bigger than the two old warehouses and has the look that we needed for our new corporate headquarters. Being able to move just across the street made life a lot simpler but it was still a very big exercise to close for business on the Saturday afternoon at the old place and then to open on Monday morning at the new one. The whole team put in a massive effort and we did it. Of course right in the middle of this we had two 40 ft containers come in which made life even more interesting. Still settling in and we ask for understanding from our customers whilst we search for the odd item that has not yet found its proper home on the shelves. Suspect this is will take a little longer.

Also we are embarking on a new grain library that will be the best in the country and will allow our customers access to more malts than ever before when it’s finished which we hope to be some time next month. Last day of this month we are welcoming the Bayside Brewers to do a brew day with us and they will be using the Voyager malts which have gained a great following already. Stu from Voyager will be there to talk about what Voyager is doing in the malt business and we are looking forward to having our clients come join us for some fun that day. Lots of us are very interested in some of the very special malts like the rarer smoked ones and heirloom varieties that Voyager produces.

Anyway its good to be back on AHB and we look forward to answering your questions and getting your feedback here. Its our mission to help the home brewers get what they need to make good beer and have fun doing it. From next month on we will be bringing some new products that our engineering team has been working on for some time now. Exciting times ahead. Starting now the new Guten 30 litre stainless steel fermenters which fit into and S4 fridge are in stock at an unbelievably good price. Much more interesting stuff coming soon.

Hope the move went well. Will be calling in over the next few weeks to check it out and buy a couple of the 9L kegs.

How about an opening new premises special?
Me, I'd like something like buy 3 or 4 bags of yeast, get one free?

How about an opening new premises special?
Me, I'd like something like buy 3 or 4 bags of yeast, get one free?
That is not a bad idea - let me check with our team tomorrow to see what we can do.

Should be no problem to hold the pressure. There is a new pressure lid coming in a few months with all the goodies on it.
That’s fantastic! Mines coming this week - can’t wait, so since a new lid is coming I won’t drill holes in this one then

In relation to the triple font that you guys are now selling, surely that's a miss print on the cost $800! It makes the review look very dodgy if 'Drey' thinks that it's 'price is affordable'

In relation to the triple font that you guys are now selling, surely that's a miss print on the cost $800! It makes the review look very dodgy if 'Drey' thinks that it's 'price is affordable'

I just looked at this tonight.. and I too was surprised with the cost. Especially because KegLand have a similar 3 tap font for $355

Admittedly the KegKing one had quick release fittings and perhaps beefier with the tri-clover stuff. but for a set up that is essentially aesthetic rather than pure function i.e its not flooded and seems to be aimed at home application rather than commercial, the price isn't worth it..

I am glad "Drey" is happy with it though haha.. Suss

"The price is affordable and made finding by set up easier" (can we have that in English please Drey) wt! I'm calling bullshit! KK, take your phantom posters and shove em, although it's good to see you screwing your own website with the same fake bollocks as you did here. I see the big ticket item is the center T piece but really $800! Not much in the way of critical thinking going on there, you may yet regret coming back here as you obviously don't compete with your competition on price or innovation, and have opened yourselves up to direct comparison with them.

I just looked at this tonight.. and I too was surprised with the cost. Especially because KegLand have a similar 3 tap font for $355

Admittedly the KegKing one had quick release fittings and perhaps beefier with the tri-clover stuff. but for a set up that is essentially aesthetic rather than pure function i.e its not flooded and seems to be aimed at home application rather than commercial, the price isn't worth it..

I am glad "Drey" is happy with it though haha.. Suss
I just had a look at Keglands double tap, couldn't see a triple tap, as per usual dual tap out of stock, but if it was in stock $524 https://www.kegland.com.au/t-bar-flooded-font-double-tap-bundle.html
Are you guys comparing glycol flooded fonts?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back