KEG KING CO2 Regulator for Nitrogen

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEVENALI

Reaction score
Hi I want Guinness on tap at home I did it years ago but I had a gas blender/mixer in those days
now I have rented a cylinder from air liquid its an F size and high pressure, I have no idea how high, anyway I got a nitrogen adaptor from BOC and a Co2 Regulator from Hervey Bay home brew
its a keg king Mk2, any way I've put them together and stuck it on the cylinder, it didn't groan or moan and it doesn't leak, what I want to know is there anyone out there that knows what he is talking about that has any adverse comments about this setup.
the picture shows the Reg in situ with the cylinder turned on but as jet not connected to the keg. I would be grateful for any advice, negative or otherwise.

NITRO REG A.jpg

That will work just fine. You will need to run higher pressure in the keg to get the N2 to dissolve and you will need the Guinness tap with flow restrictor to make the pour sensible with the high pressure.
Dave

thanks mate I stuck it all together and it works really well, perfect pour at 200 kpa the Keg King Reg runs well no noise no creaks or groans,I was about to pay $300 for an industrial nitrogen reg but Martin from Hervey Bay home brew put me right and once again saved me a heap of money, all up with cylinder rental new reg Keg of Guinness and gas lines it cost $640 to put Guinness on in my garden, it sounds a lot but when compared to pub prices I will be saving money before I get to the bottom of the keg

Back