Keg King 4 tap 'T" font

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean83

Reaction score
Hi All,

Was looking at purchasing a four tap "T" font from Keg king. Was wondering if anyone has had any info on these fonts. I already have my taps to use so wont be purchasing them just curious on the font. Has anyone purchased one and if so what is the quality like?

I am not too fussed on hearing about the keg king elements or taps and there respective quality but rather just the 4 tap font.

Cheers Sean

Yes, I bought one!

Be warned, they look a little different to those shown on the website. The ends don't look so pipeliney - but the overall impression is similar.

I love the font. It looks great.

Unfortunately the first font that arrived was a little wonky. They were great at changing it over - I posted it back and they covered the costs and they shipped me a new one. The new one was nice and straight - but unfortunately it wobbles a little bit. The flange at the base is not welded, so I'm not sure how to fix it. It's not a big deal, but it's a shame it's not just a little sturdier.

Questions?

Hey Drew,

Thanks for the reply mate. When you say not so sturdy how do you mean? Does the whole font move when you pull a beer? Are you able to take a picture of the font so I can see the differences? Understand totally if you cant.

Cheers Sean

gallery_2009_998_126476.jpg

Yes the whole font moves when I pull a beer. But the first font they sent me was sturdy and tight. (just not straight!).

Let me know if you need other photos, measurements etc, happy to help.

Actually the tap holes are further apart than the ones in their photo on their website. Hence the drip tray I imported isn't really wide enough :unsure:

i have one as well, check for dings before you perchase if you're going there. mine was a little wobbly as well but once mounted on some wood with decent bolts and washers, no problems.

it's sexy bling that i totally recomend

Drew, any tips on getting those taps in and out for a clean? i have a bugger of a time with the middle two

I've only mounted one tap so far, and it was a real bitch! Not much room to get the nut over the clamps etc on the hose. Once I've got them all mounted I don't plan on pulling it apart any time soon. Hopefully it's possible to keep it nice and clean without dismantling.

i find as long as your running some warm water with cleaning mix every couple of brews your fine, i run 4 taps on mine so they stick otherwise. i do like to pull them apart every 6 months or so and give them a soak, probably not nessasary though

those 2 middle taps are painfull. need to invent some kind of long thin socket wrench thingo.

Thanks guys,

They do look quite good I must admit - but the unstability has me slightly concerned. I guess supporting with a piece of wood could work. Might think on it for awhile.

Cheers Sean

Latest posts

Back