Keg Charger Leaking

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kabooby

Hey muscly arms!!!!
Reaction score
Just thought I would post this for anyone that may encounter a similar problem.

Recently I went to use my keg charger on my party keg an put a new co2 cylinder in. When I screwed the cylinder holder in the gas started leaking out. I thought that maybe the cylinder was not pushed up far enough for it to seal properly so I put in some more packing. Same thing happened. After I wasted a few cylinders :( I thought it had to be something else.

I noticed there is a little rubber seal in the end of the charger. I Pulled this out, put on some keg lube and put it back together and it worked fine.

I think the rubber washers get a bit flat if they are left with the cylinder screwed in all the time.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Kabooby :)

Just thought I would post this for anyone that may encounter a similar problem.

Recently I went to use my keg charger on my party keg an put a new co2 cylinder in. When I screwed the cylinder holder in the gas started leaking out. I thought that maybe the cylinder was not pushed up far enough for it to seal properly so I put in some more packing. Same thing happened. After I wasted a few cylinders :( I thought it had to be something else.

I noticed there is a little rubber seal in the end of the charger. I Pulled this out, put on some keg lube and put it back together and it worked fine.

I think the rubber washers get a bit flat if they are left with the cylinder screwed in all the time.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Kabooby :)

lucky you had plenty of spare canisters!

havent got a keg charger, but i reckon ill get one when i finally get my kegging setup. will keep this in mind :D

Me also had the same prob,fixed it ,did it again, I always check it in water first now learnt the hard way.

Latest posts

Back