Keg Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GoneBrewin

Reaction score
Im assuming that all the homebrew shops and ebay sellers buy second hand kegs from pepsi etc in bulk and then sell them individually to us.
Does anybody know how/where we can do this??

Anyway just a thought.....

Regards,
GoneBrewin

I think the kegs are owned by the restaurant not the drink supplier? Maybe Maccas is a better option?

The Kegs are/were owned by the soft drink co., and purchased in bulk by the HB supplier, in my opinion if you contacted one of the stores i bet they would do you a bulk deal much better than you would ever be able to do yourself, try Ross at Craftbrewer, i recently got a pallet sent to Hobart and i could not recommend him enough, just call him and ask, that will cost nothing.....

There ya go!

Really can't say any more B)

Batz

Depends what you mean by "bulk". If you just want to have a lot of kegs for you and your mates, contact someone like Ross. If you want a crapload of them to sell to people you could always find a source in the US, get a container load shipped over, pay the import duty, regster for an ABN, sell them off, pay tax... blah blah. Its a lot of work!

Depends what you mean by "bulk". If you just want to have a lot of kegs for you and your mates, contact someone like Ross. If you want a crapload of them to sell to people you could always find a source in the US, get a container load shipped over, pay the import duty, regster for an ABN, sell them off, pay tax... blah blah. Its a lot of work!

Perfectly Said! :D

Sure it's easy, just get in touch with one of the American keg merchants (one shows up on AHB from time to time), hand over about $20 K and wait for your kegs to arrive.

Just make sure you have your customs clearances and enough cash on hand to cover the GST and other fees.
Getting a semi up the driveway of your house might be fun, as is unloading the container and getting it out of there before the driver gets the shits and drops it on your front lawn.

Mate - go for it - you might save $20 a keg, if everything goes according to plan.

Ross and I dont often see eye to eye, in this case you are paying a very small premium for the service on offer, I think you would be well advised to look at what he or one of the other sponsors can do on a bulk purchase, before you embark on a career in the import game.

MHB

Back