Keg Blocked?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Batz,

I use one of these 5-inch water filters that I picked up on ebay for $5. I use the supplied 10-micron mesh filter, and I have a beer-out keg post screwed into the RHS of the unit, and a small length of line with a beer-out QD from the top. That way I can connect it inline easily and disconnect it easily when the contents are done.

It works a treat with most pellets, unless you get the powdery pellet dust at the bottom of a bag. These pass through the filter and block my tap.

When I built it I took pics to post, but I obviously never got round to it. So some pics as follows:

View attachment 50832

View attachment 50833

View attachment 50831

View attachment 50834

Thanks Kaiser,
Looks nice and neat, they have one mounted one the bar at the Wheatie in Adelaide. It had me thinking about building one for my bar, looks like you have solved the problem.

Cheers
Batz

Hey Batz,

Those filters mention 3/4-inch inlet and outlet, but they are actually 1/2-inch. I managed to get the 1/2" keg post from brewmart here in Perth - it was surprisingly difficult to find one actually! If you get stuck, let me know and I'll see if they still have them, I can send you one. The rest of the assembly I got from Reece plumbing.

I forgot to mention, there's always this option on ebay for around $100 delivered, but it wouldn't handle pellets.

Latest posts

Back