Keezer Help - Any Electricians in Brisbane

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sean83

Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently returned home from a trip away over seas and have found that my keezer is not cooling as low as what it should. It is a fisher and paykal and I have had it for roughly are year. I bought it fully made from a guy on the sunshine coast. I have no idea about wiring or how it has been set up so I am at a loss as to how to fix it.

It is 'cool' on the inside but i presumed that was just thermal mass from the six kegs so I removed them. It still stays cool but not cold. Electricity is running t the unit as the inner light comes on every time I open the lid. I cant hear the fan or compressor so it may be one of them or some faulty wiring. But like I said I have no idea.

I was wondering if there were any fridge sparkies in Brisbane that may be able to lend a hand. Obviously I am happy to pay just hoping to get it running again for summer or at least find out what is wrong with it. I called the f&p technician line and they wont touch it due to it being altered. So I am concerned that they may be the case in most call out services. Thought ere might be a good place to start.

Hope someone can help out

Sean

I had a similar issue once, left it off for a few days and it fixed itself. Has been fine for the past year.

Can't hurt to try.

It sounds like it is loosing gas, if the compressor is running continuously it's really not a good sign. You will find the expense to re-gas is more that buying another freezer.

Good luck with it but my guess is it cactus.

Hey cheers for the feedback boys,

Finally found a guy who popped out and had a look - compressor was all good thank god. But both thermostats were done and dusted. He removed both and just bridged the wires. The compressor kicks in straight away but will now need a thermostat to kick it on and off. Was thinking one of the pug into the wall jobs that the freezer plug goes straight into.

Def sitting a lot easier now....

Sean

put a STC-1000 in instead of the thermostat

i have a bar fridge were i installed a STC-1000 and threw away the thermostat
you can then dial in the temp you want :)

Latest posts

Back