• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Keezer Collar (SE Melbourne)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laxation

Phlegm TB
Reaction score
My keezer mostly carked it a while ago, so does anyone want the collar?

It measures 710 x 610, made of Tasmanian Blackwood and is insulated with foilboard.
Could be cut up & reglued to fit a smaller freezer.

It was for a Kelvinator 210L from memory. Can check if you need.
If by chance you have the same size freezer and you want the lid as well, so it's completely ready to go, you can have that too.

Also, the freezer can be used for fermenting in, if anyone wants it for that.
It was cooling to 13 degrees on hot days, so still has some use - just not as a beer fridge.

Would like to trade for a 25/30L fermenter or $25 towards one.

Was wood from my grandpa's garage, so love to see it go to use.

Hi there, I just measured up my keezer and it's the same size as yours. I've been meaning to rebuild mine for a while - I used structural pine, and a good two years on, despite a good oil based varnish, I still can't lose the smell of the glue/chemicals the wood was treated with. A couple of questions though:

What is the height? I have a pretty tall collar so I can have kegs on the compressor hump.

How does yours connect to the freezer? I have a sleeve on mine, but I think yours looks glued.

Looks bloody good, and I think I need to pull my finger out and do that chalkboard paint as well.

I think it was 240 high. It is plenty to have kegs on the hump, but lmk if you want the actual measurement.
Connected with silicone - I've just assumed it'll be easy enough to get off with a knife.

Last edited:
Do you have a picture please very interested

There's a picture in the first post, and another when it just had 2 taps:

cm0durn-jpg.96367

Just had a thought, I have 5 taps on mine and they are spaced to only just fit the 400mm wide drip tray I have. Looks like your spacings for the 4 taps might not allow me to get a 5th tap and still use the drip tray. If you reckon it might work I would still be keen. If not, happy to leave it for someone else who is starting out.

Sorry for the delay - only remembered to measure this morning.

They're 90mm apart, 270 total. If you add one more you would just fit the 40cm tray under
It would work for drips, but wouldn't catch spillover from the sides of glasses when pouring from the taps on the edges.
But then my 40cm tray struggled to do that for only 4 taps anyway...

Latest posts

Back