Keeping The Wife Happy.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even when you're going inside to get shit, she's gonna complain about the constant door noises.

Gold, so true!

And then she'll complain about the noise as you clean up too

It's not the smell that she doesn't like. It's her way of saying, "You've got 4 hours to spend in the kitchen making beer for your fat arse, when I have to spend hours in there making dinner and cleaning and ... FFS, why don't you bake your kids a freakin' cake you selfish shit."

That's what she's really saying when she says, "I don't like the smell, take that into the shed."

Divorce her. She'll find a much better bloke. :D

I won't recommend a 4 ring burner. I have not seen anyone that uses a 4 ring burner and does not modify it or use a HP regulator to not have sooting issues on their kettle. Unnecessary work. (4 rings put out too much gas and don't suck in enough air easily to oxygenate the flame unless you get it just right).

My 4 ring works just fine on a LP reg. A bit of sooting on the bottom of the keggle doesn't matter. :beerbang:

You have to keep in mind that all women are temperamental.

50% temper & 50% freakin mental.

They complain about the stupidest things & somehow seem to think it's normal to have 20 pairs of shoes.

A bit of sooting on the bottom of the keggle doesn't matter. :beerbang:

Wrong : Soot build up will slow heat transfer down.. Back when I ran boilers our steam guy told me a 1/4 inch of soot build up was as good as an inch of insulation , and after a good clean the old girl used to get a head of steam up 20mins quicker than before cleaning...

Cheers

option 1: get a new wife
I've put too many years into training this one. Couldn't be bothered starting again

option 2: cook something nice and smelly at the same time that she likes (e.g. curry)
Mate, I'm cooking beer. I can't be expected to do everything. Geez, you're as bad as the missus.

option 3: use it as an excuse to buy some cool bling - personally I bought a 40L concealed element crown urn and it's fantasic. Probably safe from a fire point of view in a woodwork shed too.
Looks like this is the way to go. Sheds big enough to dedicate an area to brewing, it's always (well mostly always) kept clean, it has a good dust extraction system and is well ventilated.

option 4: give up home brewing...

Looks like I'll have to do some research. I'll buy what I need and tell her how much it cost afterwards. Then I can say that I was just doing what she asked me to do.

Thanks for the help.

dude.. happy wife, happy life... if she's happy then you will get more time for brewing... bonus if you get a pass to spend up on equipment!!

my advice is do her in the kitchen then go brew and leave her to the cleaning up :lol:

well its done.

ordered a Mongolian 23 jet with stand and accessories. Ordered a copper wort chiller and a few ingredients while I was at it.

Told the wife I ordered a Braumeister 20 litre for 2.5k and she started to have a seizure. Once I told her I was joking and I only spent about $500, she was quite happy.

You got to know when to hold them, know when to fold them......... :rolleyes:

something like this will help...

dwagen6459__square_cut_diamond_tennis_bracelet.jpg

or go cheaper

and include a foot rub. they love it :)
body-shop-peppermint-intensive2.png

Wrong : Soot build up will slow heat transfer down.. Back when I ran boilers our steam guy told me a 1/4 inch of soot build up was as good as an inch of insulation , and after a good clean the old girl used to get a head of steam up 20mins quicker than before cleaning...

Cheers

If my 4 ringer can generate a 1/4" of soot then I'll give her a scrub. :beerbang:

go gas. can brew outside and if you know some one to make the fitting for you a 9kg bottle can be filled for 11 bucks and last 3 brews or more.

You have to keep in mind that all women are temperamental.

50% temper & 50% freakin mental.

They complain about the stupidest things & somehow seem to think it's normal to have 20 pairs of shoes.

Ha ha! I knew the shoes would be mentioned soon enough. Whenever I've heard the cry "I need new shoes" I'd fire back "What's wrong with the collection you've got?"

And whenever you look in wardrobe and see those shoes that have been worn once and cost over $100, you've gotta hold back from yelling "fiscal bastardry!"

BACK ON TOPIC: Smoke a cigar in the house before and after doing ya mash.

go gas. can brew outside and if you know some one to make the fitting for you a 9kg bottle can be filled for 11 bucks and last 3 brews or more.
I've used my cylinder with the bbq burner and also 2 brews so far - thats all gas for strike water etc. I reckon I've got at least one more brew in it. I'll bet 4 brews minimum on a full cylinder.

edit: speeling

Ahh so finally it comes to that frustrating but strangely arousing creature the female human. Their olfacaltory senses are second to none. They can smell beer on the breath of their beloved at 100 yards. They can smell the most minute fart in an instant, even when not holding the blanket over their heads and of course they can smell the wiff of a strange perfume even prior to you getting into the cab for the trip home. A lot of research has been completed into this subject and the results varied considerably. Some a glittering bauble will ease their pain, others a sincere apology and a smirk behind the hand. But the piste de resistance is simple.....................lie.................an artful sprinkling of bullshit will get you through most situations. But I warn you be careful for they are truly evil.

Latest posts

Back