Keeping Fermenter Fridge Cool?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With free postage from Hong Kong that is ridiculously cheap, God bless the Chinese and their inexpensive workforce ;)
Hi Mate, can you please post pics of how you wired this.........i just bought one myself......cheers

does anyone know if there is anyway to simultaneously have a heat pad and a thermostat control hooked up all at once and have it all automated?

ie. can i set it all up to stay at 18degC and just leave it without having to look at it, or press any buttons or ANYTHING... would be great for going away from the house for a few days and things like that...

as far as i can tell, all the fridge thermostat controls only do 1 function at a time

Hi Mate, can you please post pics of how you wired this.........i just bought one myself......cheers

I only just got this today, it is a great looking little unit but I'm a ways off wiring it up just yet. If you look around this forum you should find the info you're after but if you're not confident with that stuff find an expert that will do it for a case of your finest.

Just thought I'd add this pic of the address it arrived from, the man this street is named after may have quite a few offspring floating around Hong Kong:

hongkong.jpg

Cheers! :D

i have a 510L fridge / freezer that doesnt work anymore.
it fits 2 fermenters in nicely.
Is there a good method of keeping a non working fridge this size at a fairly constant temperature?
im thinking ice blocks in the very bottom of it.
any advice greatly appreciated

Gday,
it's less than ideal but I have a big fridge that fits two fermenters, I also have a chest freezer. Neither of them work and I am able to maintain consistent temps...at least much more consistent than I would otherwise.

I time batches so that there are two fermenters in the fridge at ferment temps (I keep it around16c for ales which keeps the brews a couple of degrees warmer due to ferment temps) or two in the fridge for cc-ing. With ice bottles I am able to get the fridge down to 3c (according to the thermometer in there measuring air temp on top of the fermenters) and keep it there. Again, not ideal but the last 4 brews have had a HEAP more stuff fall out of them even at those temps.

The freezer is used in the same way, but it only fits one fermenter so needs to be timed in conjunction with the two in the fridge.

Again, this is not ideal but is a big step in the right direction and I have been really happy with the results of my set up. We do what we can within our budget!

Cheers.

edit: apologies for tangentially drifting (only slightly) OT.

Latest posts

Back