Keeging Question - Carbing

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thunderchild

Reaction score
Group,

I have read the threads on carbonation and calculating the volume of CO2 when kegging. I have look at the chart which calculates how much C02 is present at 20deg vs say2deg.

My question relates to beer that has finished the ferment at 20 deg and then cold conditioned at a lower temp (Say 4deg) Do I calcuate the CO2 present at the temp it is fermented or stored?

TC

Group,

I have read the threads on carbonation and calculating the volume of CO2 when kegging. I have look at the chart which calculates how much C02 is present at 20deg vs say2deg.

My question relates to beer that has finished the ferment at 20 deg and then cold conditioned at a lower temp (Say 4deg) Do I calcuate the CO2 present at the temp it is fermented or stored?

TC

If you're referring to residual co2, then it's the highest temp that was reached from start of fermentation to finish...so in most cases, it is the fermentation temp. But that really only applies to bottleing, or naturaly priming a keg (ie with sugar), so am slightly confused at your question....

For kegging, you set the regulator to the pressure required to give your target CO2 level at the temperature at which the beer is stored whilst serving.

Ooops your right, I'm getting my aticles confused, you answered my question though

Thanks

Latest posts

Back