just started

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the beers good but the head just disappears to quick do i level them longer or use a starter with the next one. eg add it to the sediment then bottle it.gives it that bit extra head on my beers

or is that's why boil grains and hop to make it creamier and milker head to.

Milker head fo shure and s grain boil maks differents stronger yest taste.

Could post again mebbe 5 m ins or more if u can. Its great.

Apologies for the spelling and grammar errors. Hopefully the what and why parts of everything are clear as an azure sky on a summer's day though.
As an unmuddied lake, one might suggest if one might be so bold, yes, indeed sir!

like a worm virus dressed in the disguise of Bufo marinus this thing just self replicates until the interweb once known to brewers is completely dispersed.

LAGERFRENZY said:
like a worm virus dressed in the disguise of Bufo marinus this thing just self replicates until the interweb once known to brewers is completely dispersed.
I'd like to know if Alf has been licking his Bufo a bit too often? Would explain things.

Why is it so dark? Are you brewing in a dungeon? Even so, does the dungeon in question have a light switch?

HOW IN THE HELL DID I MISS POSTS?
**** where are we up to bro, cant be fucked going back to look.
More updates please.

bevan said:
Big W have 19L for $20.00. That could help you get started on a small batch.

https://www.bigw.com.au/product/smart-value-19-litre-stock-pot/p/WCC100000000011544/
I'm also having a crack at my first brew, I bought 2 of these pots from BigW and did 2 separate boils. I was hoping to make close to 30L but you lose a lot of steam with these pots. I'd suggest weighing the lid down with something to reduce this? Nice and cheap though for people low on funds such as myself. I think I'll be boiling a fair bit of wort in these for a while yet.

I also bought a 30L water container for about $25 (I think) at bunnings to use as my fermenter

My first brew has been fermenting for 12 days now :)

You want to boil off the DMS mate, so let the steam go, it is just water, you are leaving the sweet sweet sugarz behind.

Stiftung said:
I'm also having a crack at my first brew, I bought 2 of these pots from BigW and did 2 separate boils. I was hoping to make close to 30L but you lose a lot of steam with these pots. I'd suggest weighing the lid down with something to reduce this? Nice and cheap though for people low on funds such as myself. I think I'll be boiling a fair bit of wort in these for a while yet.

I also bought a 30L water container for about $25 (I think) at bunnings to use as my fermenter

****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't mean to post something constructive or helpful here.

Can a moderator please delete that last comment?

Maybe give me another warning as well?

Stiftung said:

No lids on the boil mate. That steam is carrying off stuff you don't want to remain in your beer.

View attachment 02 - The function of wort boiling11.pdf

Killer Brew said:
No lids on the boil mate. That steam is carrying off stuff you don't want to remain in your beer.
id be careful if your a smoker then.... Or is that just when it's fermenting? [emoji23][emoji23]

no boiling just fermenter stout at first like 300.00 dollars all ready and i only had half at first for the last fortnight still. stock pot travel or post like 20.00 just to get close would be some were between 2 weeks on and off preparingView attachment 90596View attachment 90597 and gathering the ingredients and tools. etc just a beer that's beer at lest like my friends father did in the old days.

so many beer's to choose from and different in ways to .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back