Just saying hey

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

res

Reaction score
Hi guys, great forum you have here.
Firstly in the interest of full disclosure I haven't made any actual beer yet, although I have been been doing AG mashes for distilling for a number years now.
It's always been my intention to complete my alcohol independence with my own beer but life is always getting in the way.
There is only so many new skills I can learn at once.
I feel these two disciplines share much in common, and I look forward to learning some of the finer points of beer from the wealth of knowledge around here.
Here's to you lads, cheers.

Hi Res,

Yep, beer & whiskey/whisky come from pretty-much the same basic materials. So far, you've probably only explored one side of the equation. Hops will screw with your head...

The good thing about beer is that it's faster to make & mature than your previous experiments, so you get to know about success/failure much quicker. Plus, beer quenches the thirst, whereas "condensed" beverages are meant to be savoured slowly. It's also a fickle creature/mistress that can have you pulling your hair out in short-order.

Have a good look around, settle-in & ask lots of questions (there's a wealth of knowledge at your fingertips).

Welcome to the Vortex.... :)

Cheers mate,
I hear that and can't wait to stop waiting.

Latest posts

Back