July/aug '09 Zymurgy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doc

Doctor's Orders Brewing
Reaction score
Just saw the details for the July/Aug issue of Zymurgy.
Man, I'm hanging for this one to land.
Just in time as I'm thinking about some summer brews.

Details here

zym_ja09__cover.jpg

Doc

Hey Doc, the July/Aug issue of Zymurgy will be my first, just wondering how late they get delivered here, I think I remember they had some distribution issues a while ago.

Hey Doc, the July/Aug issue of Zymurgy will be my first, just wondering how late they get delivered here, I think I remember they had some distribution issues a while ago.

Haven't got my July/August yet, but they seem to come out pretty quickly .. I always get mine the same time as the US people (know that from the Homebrewtalk forum).

Link works for me. Just tried it again.
Mine hasn't pitched yet, but the US guys only got theirs in the last day or so, so fingers crossed it will be here in the next week.

Doc

Mmmmm Lupin Caviar :icon_drool2:

My folks said there was a delivery from beertown lastweek. Picking it up tonight. i can only assume its Zymurgy as it usually comes 2 weeks after BYO for me and its currently that time of the month/bimonth.

How does everyone compare Zymurgy and BYO content wise?

Am I missing out on much not having a zymurgy subscription?

Cheers

Every 2nd idition of BYO i question my subscription. sometimes the content is either
A. Bland.
or
B. someting i dont care for. e.g. this edition talking bout buying and bottling belgians.... sure there are people who are interested into using cork and wires.... i dont think mine would last that long in the cellar. not to mention the cots of botting like that here are probably qutie expensive.

Zymurgy on the other hand is awesome... im entertained every edition. It seems to have a better flow with its content and not as left of center like BYO.

I really like BYO, generally moreso than Zymurgy. That said, this months Zymurgy focuses on IPAs, so they hit a bit of a soft spot.

Good to see Vinnie write an article on Double IPAs, some good points in there. Pity US hops are so damn expensive at the moment.

To be honest I think BYO has become slightly amateurish, and very repetitive. I've got a LOT of issues and they are starting to repeat articles a little too much for my liking, written differently but telling the same story. Loved it though when I first started subscribing.

I like zymurgy but was disappointed when they changed the mag from a big many pages edition to the smaller one we get now.
Still the better magazine in my opinion.

Andrew

what is the web site/link to subscribe if one wants to.

TIA.

www.beertown.org

To get Zymurgy you need to join the American Homebrewers Association (AHA). Then the mag's free !!

I like both of the mags - if you can only afford 1, go Zymurgy and then go and borrow someone BYO :lol:

Anyone received the July/Aug issue of Zymurgy yet ?

Doc

Woohooo, it pitched today.
I feel another hop monster brewday coming up. Another Infinity + 1 400IBU monster :p

Doc

Back