Js Golden Ale In Cans!...on Qantas Flights

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikem108

Reaction score
JS Golden Ale will be serve on all domestic and international Qantas flights...finally a drinkable beer in the air..what next LCPA on virgin flights

Sweet, I hit the air to the US in July.

Got a flight down to Vic late June, here's hoping they're still available.

Now that's a reason to look forward to a long flight. An endless stream of JSGA from Sydney to London...look out Boony, that record is lookin' shaky!

Edit: GA, not AA...

Will they have VB injections on hand in case some megaswill addict inadvertently consumes a decent beer in mid air?

ga_can.jpg

Pics as proof?

picture

Sweet, I did go to the squires site to find it myself but got distracted by the OTT website design.

I was going to put this up as well went over to Melb for work on monday and was quite happy when a JS was offered to me on the way back pitty I had to drive home from the airport :chug:

Image001.jpg

Image002.jpg

Last week they were just offering the cans, this week they had the cans on the trolleys and were running a 5 min promo video showing the canning process at the brewery, something slightly more interesting than the usual video feed.

JS Golden Ale will be serve on all domestic and international Qantas flights...finally a drinkable beer in the air..what next LCPA on virgin flights

Ive never seen a LCPA can ... Murray's would be nice thou ;)

Times they are a changing

Do they still have the Fosters :icon_vomit:

Pumpy :)

Man I wish they offered this on Jetstar.....would be deffinate reason to upgrade to "star class" for all you can drink booze on an OS trip :p

Good news for airbourne beer drinkers...well drinkers of quality beer anyway.
Gives me something to drink other than wine.

theyve been doing that since april. greatstuff, i ended up having a few too many as i was sitting right near the stewards area and just kept helping myself - certainly beats the VB. bit weird drinking it from a can, but something you get over fairly quickly

We were discussing this tonight amongst beer folk...

Your stuck in a plane for a whole day (I go to Canada a bit), you can't work or sleep or even shag your wife... you just want a good beer. You'd pay $10 each, more, but you just can't...

Mates of mine are going to the last Force home game tonight at Subiaco. Rugby. You've just got to have a beer and you accept that you can only have midstrength, and you'd happily pay for a Rogers or a Gage Roads, but you can't.

Drives me insane. In a market economy, if I want to buy and I have the means to buy, why can I not buy? There's a little Burmese junta around every bloody corner.

[/rant]

Managed to get 5 of these down my neck in early April on the flight over to Perth. Strangely they didn't have them on the way back to Sydney (??). Hope they are in regular rotation now!

For interests sake what are they charging? $10???

Latest posts

Back