Js Golden Ale In Cans!...on Qantas Flights

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SkyWest have LCPA in bottles for $5, but usually free if they are running late...

and heres some more interesting info, if you hear a massive clash and bang while the hosts are serving you ya golden ale in a can, its cos the first 8 pallets worth of cartons didn't glue up properly so the flaps kept un-sticking and the cans were coming out. lucky they had me and some other helpers to glue all them bad boys up! that first batch must be at least 1.5 months ago. surprised they are only just promoting it now (the email to the malt shovel brewery email subscribers and beer and brewer magazine mentioned it i think)

yup, the joys of working at lion nathan

you dont have to sign a confidentiality clause?

They seem to have left the hops out of those Qantas cans too... probably a little harder to rework than the carton issue.

We were discussing this tonight amongst beer folk...

Mates of mine are going to the last Force home game tonight at Subiaco. Rugby. You've just got to have a beer and you accept that you can only have midstrength, and you'd happily pay for a Rogers or a Gage Roads, but you can't.

[/rant]

I was at the Force game. I had my vial of cascade hop oil and syringe furtively secreted in my pocket. We tried hard to turn 4X gold into LCPA, but used the whole vial on the first three beers, and didnt really get there. But the beer started tasting better when the Force won.

I was at the Force game. I had my vial of cascade hop oil and syringe furtively secreted in my pocket. We tried hard to turn 4X gold into LCPA, but used the whole vial on the first three beers, and didnt really get there. But the beer started tasting better when the Force won.

I will bet you at 0 - 22 there were a few teardrop additions to the XXXX Gold.

Good comeback.

RM

:icon_offtopic:
They seem to have left the hops out of those Qantas cans too... probably a little harder to rework than the carton issue.

A little bird told me they changed the hops in JSGA and the complexity of the entire beer changed.

I am sure I wrote in the "worst commecial beer available" thread this one was a winner. worst commercial beer ever.

Back to topic.

it is nice to see that tey are "trying" to serve tastier beers even though this time I will not be ordering one....

matti

Would be nice to see more craft beers in cans and more widely available. Much more convenient than taking a carton of bottles up to the river when we go skiing for a weekend.

:icon_offtopic:

A little bird told me they changed the hops in JSGA and the complexity of the entire beer changed.

I am sure I wrote in the "worst commecial beer available" thread this one was a winner. worst commercial beer ever.

At least they nowc offer a beer which has hops, instead of something that tastes almost like water.

JS Golden Ale will be serve on all domestic and international Qantas flights...finally a drinkable beer in the air..what next LCPA on virgin flights

With my LCPA and my virgins I'm all set :)

MFS.

Latest posts

Back