Joe White Sack Race

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
till some poor kiddy, jumping as fast as they can, heart pumping, striving as best as their immature body can, does the inevitable and SPLAT .. a mush full of cold, hard timber floor. An irate parent, a public liability claim, the Scouts get sued for the hard floor, Joe White gets sued for failing to have a warning on the bag that usage for jumping sack races are dangerous, there will be a recall of JW bags as the manufacturer refuses to conceed there is a problem with the torque of the bags ............ an endless, mindless and senseless cycle of threats, denials and legal actions ..........
all because some brewer thinks AG is better than tin goop ..
Some of you blokes should do more constructive things in your daylight hours
:rolleyes:

All children were given personal tuition by professional sack racers as part of the Joe White Professional Sack Racing Teams talent identification program & nation wide tour ahead of the AG&MP (Australian Grain & Malt Producers) Sack Racing Season. I would like to take this opportunity to thank these fearless atheletes who really made a great effort with the kids & one of the Mum's too! If you get the chance to see The Joe White Precision Sack Racing guys doing their routine at sack racing meets this season you will understand how special these guys really are.
Cheers
Gerard

Sack races were once outside, or inside on non-polished floors (before they could afford to polish them), then there was no liability issues...it was when it started raining and the money was there to polish the floor that somebody took the sacks inside on polished floors that the liability started...

Why not add some oil on the polished floor to increase the fun?

If having a sack race, don't tempt fate by doing it on a polished floor!

All children were given personal tuition by professional sack racers as part of the Joe White Professional Sack Racing Teams talent identification program & nation wide tour ahead of the AG&MP (Australian Grain & Malt Producers) Sack Racing Season. I would like to take this opportunity to thank these fearless atheletes who really made a great effort with the kids & one of the Mum's too! If you get the chance to see The Joe White Precision Sack Racing guys doing their routine at sack racing meets this season you will understand how special these guys really are.
Cheers
Gerard

I understand the Indians have a strategy to be a world power in the sport by 2015 and are training their young hard as we speak. Thank God Joe White is doing their bit to keep Australia at the top !

sack_race_india.jpg

Meanwhile the former world champion, Courtney Williamston blames lack of government funding and and the popularity of basketball, soccer and cricket for the lack of local competitors at the recent Jamaican Sack Race Tournament. Courtney, pictured here, had to come out of retirement and compete in the event simply to make up numbers.

Sack_Race_Jumper.jpg

those picks look like a brewday at chappo's :lol:

Sack races were once outside, or inside on non-polished floors (before they could afford to polish them), then there was no liability issues...it was when it started raining and the money was there to polish the floor that somebody took the sacks inside on polished floors that the liability started...

Why not add some oil on the polished floor to increase the fun?

If having a sack race, don't tempt fate by doing it on a polished floor!

Wrap them up in cotton wool and keep the little dears inside.
Man we are turning kids into little namby pamby's these days, glad I grew up 50 odd years ago,cuts bruises were part of the learning process.

Batz

Man we are turning kids into little namby pamby's these days, glad I grew up 50 odd years ago,cuts bruises were part of the learning process.

Batz
To bloody right ! Give them a chainsaw a gallon of petrol and turn them into lumberjacks.
Im a lumberjack and Im ok, on Monday we go shopping..............................................
GB

Batz

I knew somebody would misread or misquote my post...prize goes to you Batz! Read the first line, it tells the WHOLE story (not just the part YOU chose to interpret).

50 odd years ago, polished floors where not what they are today...I remember 20 odd years ago when the floors of halls started to be "machine" polished (with the high powered equipment), they became ice rinks!

I knew somebody would misread or misquote my post...prize goes to you Batz! Read the first line, it tells the WHOLE story (not just the part YOU chose to interpret).

50 odd years ago, polished floors where not what they are today...I remember 20 odd years ago when the floors of halls started to be "machine" polished (with the high powered equipment), they became ice rinks!

Well I remember running and sliding across hall floors in our socks over 40 years ago, slippery as in my day.

Don't let them play sack races on polished floors then,they might fall over. (point taken)
Oh cheers for the prize ages since I won anything :icon_cheers:

Batz

Well I remember running and sliding across hall floors in our socks over 40 years ago, slippery as in my day.

Batz
Yep getting a big run up sliding on ya knees, hitting the base of the stage, Ronny and the Ramblers asking who kids this, Mum slapping me across the back of the head because my good pants were dirty. Brings back memories.

Brad

I remember doing the same things guys, and let my kids do the same...a little different to sack racing though where both feet are contained and both hands are busy holding the sack...

I understand the Indians have a strategy to be a world power in the sport by 2015 and are training their young hard as we speak. Thank God Joe White is doing their bit to keep Australia at the top !

View attachment 27969

Meanwhile the former world champion, Courtney Williamston blames lack of government funding and and the popularity of basketball, soccer and cricket for the lack of local competitors at the recent Jamaican Sack Race Tournament. Courtney, pictured here, had to come out of retirement and compete in the event simply to make up numbers.

View attachment 27970
Geez look at those kids go!!!

With the spare bags being brought along to the Melb Grain BB, I reckon this could the ideal time to start an annual sack race :ph34r: :lol:

Latest posts

Back