Job

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banora brewer

Reaction score
Hi Brewers, I lost my job on Wednesday through not fault of my own(unfair dismissal). I have a HR truck licence and just wondering if any one on the Gold Coast has any work? I have also been a chef for 22 years.

Thanks

Hi Brewers, I lost my job on Wednesday through not fault of my own(unfair dismissal). I have a HR truck licence and just wondering if any one on the Gold Coast has any work? I have also been a chef for 22 years.

Thanks

Have you considered contacting Fair Work Australia to get your old job back (assuming you were an employee)?

I have also been a chef for 22 years.

Thanks

get onto some labour hire co and apply for FIFO (fly in fly out) positions in the resources industry, normally 2 to 3 wks on with a week off, fly out from your nearest regional airport, I'm not sure what the mess staff are earning but it would have to be close to 100k if it's in line with the rest of the industry.

Following on from Yardy's suggestion did hear they were paying good dollar for Chefs/catering at the new immigration detention centre at Weipa.
Not certain how true it is or how to apply.

Getting into the mining or Oil Industry if you don't mind FIFO is definitely better pay than most normal jobs and good time off.

Back