Japanese Micro's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reviled

Reaction score
Hey guys

I know a few people on here have spent a bit of time in Japan, and currently my brother in law is living over there and he asked me if I knew where he can get a decent beer?

Ive read/heard about some decent micro's in Japan but couldnt find anything.. Was wondering if anyone has any good links etc on any micro's in Japan?

Cheers

Hey guys

I know a few people on here have spent a bit of time in Japan, and currently my brother in law is living over there and he asked me if I knew where he can get a decent beer?

Ive read/heard about some decent micro's in Japan but couldnt find anything.. Was wondering if anyone has any good links etc on any micro's in Japan?

Cheers

PM Steve Lacey . He lives in Japan.

Regards

Graeme

Where abouts is he living? I've spent alot of time in various parts of Japan over the last few years and should be able to point him in the right direction.

Geez that place looks great. I'll be in Tokyo in January, so I'm going there if only to try their oyster stout!

Cheers - Snow

Hi Snow
my sister went to a small town in Tokyo recently where there were a number of very small breweries. I could find out where it is if your itinerary isn't locked in yet.
Cheers
Stephen.

Hi Snow
my sister went to a small town in Tokyo recently where there were a number of very small breweries. I could find out where it is if your itinerary isn't locked in yet.
Cheers
Stephen.
That's be great, Stephen. No itinerary yet, other than arrive on 21st Jan and depart 23rd Jan.

- Snow

+2 for Club Popeye! Amazing...they have now 70+ taps with around half Jap micros, a great range of styles too. Though you would probably need a few weeks to try them all! The staff are knowledgeable too. I look forward to getting back there myself soon. The must see tourist attraction in Tokyo :rolleyes:

I can definitely recommend a few. I never made it out to Popeye's, though.

Probably the best brewery I came across was in Takayama - the brewery is called Hidetakayama. amazing stout and excellent dark strong Belgian (10% ABV!!).

There's also a great beer store in Mejiro called Tanakaya. You simply must go there. This place has... well, let's just say it has a shitload of beer. US, English, Belgian, German, Japanese. It's insane. Alesmith, Rogue, Alaskan Smoked Porter, etc. Vintage Belgian ales. All stored at cellar temperature.

From there I got some Japanese beauties - 2004 Hitachino Nest Celebration Ale, Isekadoya Smoked Imperial Porter, and loads more that I can't remember.

If you're out at Mt Fuji there's also a cool German restaurant/brewery in Gotemba. can't remember the name, but the German beers are outstanding.

Latest posts

Back