Jamils/whites Yeast Book

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Online Brewing Supplies

**** OBS ****
Reaction score
Any one had a read of Jamils and white labs yeast book yet ? If so how does it read. I am looking at stocking it but would like some feedback before I commit.
GB

Happy to dob in Gopha who has ordered one, not sure if he has had it delivered by the mailman though. Will ask next time I talk to him though.

Any one had a read of Jamils and white labs yeast book yet ? If so how does it read. I am looking at stocking it but would like some feedback before I commit.
GB
Left to right.
Great book, well written (and well edited). It is one of those rare books that combine a basic primer with a fairly advanced guide, if you know little about yeast and fermentation it will inform you, if you are well versed in the arts it will fill in all those missing bits (effects of pressure on ester and fusel alcohol production springs to mind).
Essential reference in any brewers library.

K

Left to right.
Great book, well written (and well edited). It is one of those rare books that combine a basic primer with a fairly advanced guide, if you know little about yeast and fermentation it will inform you, if you are well versed in the arts it will fill in all those missing bits (effects of pressure on ester and fusel alcohol production springs to mind).
Essential reference in any brewers library.

K

+ 1

Excellent book, just like Dr K said: great book for all levels of knowledge and experience. No matter how scientifically detailed each section/paragraph gets they always finish with practical applications for the homebrewer.

Good book, I pre-ordered it from Amazon and it arrived promptly after it was released.

As others have said it is a book that covers all levels, gawd the Krebs cycle I last covered in high school many many years back.

Yes, well worth having.

Happy to dob in Gopha who has ordered one, not sure if he has had it delivered by the mailman though. Will ask next time I talk to him though.
Hi, As Raven has indicated I do have the book and it is a good read. It is aimed broadly at the whole brewing community not just home brewers.
I feel that I will need to read it twice for all the information to sink in properly.
Picked up my book from the bookdepository.uk.com -Cheers

Pre ordered mine from the brewing network and have been taking little bites out of it (It'd be near impossible to read it cover to cover and absord everything). Very good resource for culturing techniques and basic to advanced yeast knowledge.

Well worth stocking, but definitely targetted at the more advanced brewer (hence why I'm taking so long to get through it)

Arrived on my doorstep for the Melb Brewers Library today! Looks like i'll get the first read! :D
looks like we have our topic for the next Melb Brewers meeting ---> Oprah's 4*'s book Review :lol:

I know i'd be interested in hearing what you have to say about it. its almost xmas and thats when i get most of my brew pressents

What precisely is the title? I'll see if it's in stock at the UK Book Depository as they are free postage and brilliant turnaround.

I just pre-ordered from BD.

It's $21 AUD but there is a wait.

Just put yeast jamil white into the keyword search. It's called 'yeast: a practical guide to fermentation' or something very similar.

I picked up a copy at ANHC back in October - wasone of 10 that Chris White brought over with him and I was lucky enough to get him to sign it while he was here.

I managed to have a quick flick through it (before SWMBO promptly removed it from me to be used as a Xmas present) and it looked very informative. If it is anything like the info that Chris imparted during various sessions and casual conversation during breaks then it is going to be a cracker of a book.

Just got an email from Book Depository to say that the book has now been released and I should get mine early in the week. Woot woot :)

I just pre-ordered from BD.

It's $21 AUD but there is a wait.

Just put yeast jamil white into the keyword search. It's called 'yeast: a practical guide to fermentation' or something very similar.
Looks like I got in at the right time - ordered (not pre). $21+$0 delivered, vs $13+$12 on Amazon and considerably more on BN (but signed IIRC).

Sounds like a good read for the bits I'm missing on yeast.

Latest posts

Back