James Squire Golden Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron86

Reaction score
Hello all.

I just feel like reporting as I have recently been disheartened by malt shovel.

Last night I bought a 6-pack of JSGA. Brought it back to the hotel, cracked it open...and BAM..the sour flavour made my knees buckle, literally. To add insult to injury, there is absolutely no hint of Amarillo whatsoever....gone, nothing, zero zilch nada.

I thought to myself "hmm this is definately not right", so I cracked open another. Same result. I flew back to woolies liqour at 110km/h telling them the problem, they thought I was bullshitting as 2 bottles were missing, but agreed to let me swap it. Got a 6 pack of Fat Yak, and wasnt as great as the last time, but still ok.

Now, this is not the first time this has happened with JSGA, so Im starting get worried about the QC in that brewery. Surely they taste test every batch right? Every time I drink a Golden Ale it ranges from urine to a wonderful quality ale with a faceful of hops. This is purely unacceptable for ultra premium beer.

When I buy jsga, I expect just that. Not an awful version of VB. I am very tempted to call the brewery tomorrow and have a calm whinge just to give them a heads up.

What do you guys think?

:beer:

Email them about this last incident and theyll do something for you. also i think a couple of the JS brewers are on this forum sometimes

Latest posts

Back