Its Winter

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ducatiboy stu

Reaction score
God damn..

Winter is near, and I am being drawn ( again :icon_chickcheers: )to drinking Stout....

Have again re-visited my old friends Sheaf Stout & Coopers Best Extra

Both of these get a nice sprinkling of fresh cracked pepper on the head in the the glass..

Now for some lamb shanks or osso bucco

lol good luck with that not a dark beer fan but never know things might change

Stout time it is. Had a plain ol coopers HB stout with kit yeast at my brother's house yesterday - gee it was nice. I am searching the data base for a good stout recipe now that I am an allgrain (BIAB) addict.

Pour a decent Stout into a good glass, then grab the pepper grinder and grind some pepper onto the head...

Be prepared...

It will change the way you enjoy Stout :icon_cheers:

Stout time it is. Had a plain ol coopers HB stout with kit yeast at my brother's house yesterday - gee it was nice. I am searching the data base for a good stout recipe now that I am an allgrain (BIAB) addict.

Search for my Pillar Of Stout

Its in there somewher

:icon_offtopic: I just went to sample a stout that I have been aging for over 16 months and the bloody thing gushed out everywhere, opened another 2 bottles same thing!! :( :( Tasted a sample, and tasted like liquid vegemite. The weirdest thing is though I sampled a few bottles at Xmas and they were bloody beatiful, and even probably a Tad under carbed???

Impatiently waiting for my AG dry/oatmeal stout to carb up.
I hate the wait.

Mmmm, Oatmeal Porter, just when you think Porters can't get any better

Already through my first keg of Dry Stout for the year.
Time to get a double batch on. :icon_chickcheers:
Nige

Don't know why we seem to equate winter with bold stouts and porters.
I'd rather a big Belgian of some description.

Also mean's I wont be poo pooing meconium / black forest cake mix the following day.

Yeah I'm glad I put down a stout a couple of months ago, got 60 odd stubbies ready to drink on a cold Sunday arvo.
I gave my Dad a brew (stout) I did last year too and he still has a slab in his cellar, should be good 9 months old !

Might have to try the pepper thing too.

Stu,

No.2 son tells me 50/50 Tooheys Old and Fat Yak is nice. Haven't tried this blend yet, it's looking good for Fri night!

Screwy

I've got my first porter conditioning in the bottle now - hoping it'll come good in around 1 - 2 months. Only 1 week old at the moment though.

Lol, its just getting to summer here.

Hoppy low ABV beers for this guy

Nige

... and here i was thinking two double batches of stout was a stupid idea when i made them. I'm so glad i did. 6 grain Oatmeal stout... get on it!

Yeah I'm glad I put down a stout a couple of months ago, got 60 odd stubbies ready to drink on a cold Sunday arvo.

I was also glad when I put down a toucan stout in January to give it time to condition for some epic winter drinking... too bad I drank the last bottle on Friday <_<

Nige

I've got my 4th batch for the year in the fermenter at the moment & I'm brewing another one on Saturday.

Have the day off today...feel like brewing up a double batch of rye stout.

Just don't have any choc rye or choc atm...

Will have to wait until the weekend I reckon...free up some cubes by pitching on the two variations of hibiscus saison.

A double batch would be about a double batch short for this winter I reckon. Have already nearly finished an oatmeal stout that only went into the bottle about 2 weeks ago. My thoughts that bottling would slow my drinking down hasn't really worked, just documented how much I do drink well.

:icon_cheers:

Don't know why we seem to equate winter with bold stouts and porters.
I'd rather a big Belgian of some description.

Also mean's I wont be poo pooing meconium / black forest cake mix the following day.

Here you go mate:
boobs1.jpg

I like a big Belgian myself. Just the thing for those long, cold winter nights. :icon_cheers:

Latest posts

Back