Itchy feet and that

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

welly2

Reaction score
So that time has come around when my feet start to get itchy and I start feeling restless. Have decided to move back to Pommyland. On top of that, my mum just celebrated her 73rd birthday yesterday and my old man is getting old. Having only seen them twice in the last two years, and while they're still in pretty good shape for old bastards, you never know what's round the corner. I've been made a job off back in the Old Smoke, so will be flying back end of January. It's definitely been fun this time around. Will have a bunch of gear up for grabs/sale after Christmas - going to run one more batch through before I flog what's left. Grainfather and all the essentials will be coming back with me but my keezer, a load of grain and other sundry items I'll be sticking up for sale.

Cheers all, been great meeting a load of you on the case swaps and I'll certainly not be leaving the forum, it's become my second home almost!

Good riddance. Nah just kidding I don't even know you. Good on you for taking the step to go back and spend time with your family!

Good luck mate

Good onya Welly! Please give us the UK news on fine ales and ingredients.

Your folks have made a great family

Don't be a stranger round these parts and good luck with the move. Hopefully you get to spend many, many years with your folks.

Onya mate. I got itchy feet too, so get the nomadic thing - though the pull of the old smoke is another strong pull.

Whereabout are you bud? IIRC you're in MEL.

Interested in what you have for sale.

Good look on the trip back mate, make sure to check in and let us know how the brewing scene is over there!

Good luck mate I hope you enjoyed your time in OZ.
If you have a grain mill and want to off load I would be interested, cheers, John

Lord Raja Goomba I said:
Onya mate. I got itchy feet too, so get the nomadic thing - though the pull of the old smoke is another strong pull.

Cheers mate! Actually in NSW. I'll dig out what I've got and can't take with me next week but might be stuff that's a bit big to or not worth shipping interstate.

Guess you won't need your beer engine eh? Proper pint should be easier to find. Good luck to you! You seem like a nice bloke, even though you're LEAVING! WHAT ABOUT OUR BABY!!! Oh, wait, erm, carry on, good luck and all that…

Good for you. Hope it all works out.

Maybe welly's European bulk buys could get a run. Lol

gezzanet said:
Good for you. Hope it all works out.

Maybe welly's European bulk buys could get a run. Lol
Ooh now there's a though.
Welly could be AHB's inside man for beer engines etc.

Raise your right hand to carry the vote ? [emoji41]

Lord Raja Goomba I said:

Bloody vultures circling already!!! (Insert funny pic thingy that I've never quite got the hang of, but which clearly shows I'm being very, very humorous)

BTW, you up for running a bulk buy on hand pumps shipped back to Oz?

Blind Dog said:
Bloody vultures circling already!!! (Insert funny pic thingy that I've never quite got the hang of, but which clearly shows I'm being very, very humorous)

BTW, you up for running a bulk buy on hand pumps shipped back to Oz?
Certainly would. Angram hand pumps, who some say are the best hands pumps in the world, are manufactured just up the road from where I grew up. They sell refurbished hand pumps for just over 100 quid. I'm sure for bulk they'd do a deal!

Just thinking Prantal might be a cheaper and easier option you may not have considered.

Latest posts

Back