Isb Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only thing I cant find listed is torrified wheat. Although if nobody wants to split a bag i'll scratch it anyway.

I imagine whoever volunteers to take delivery will be needing a fork to get the pallet off the truck. Something to consider.

Only thing I cant find listed is torrified wheat. Although if nobody wants to split a bag i'll scratch it anyway.

I imagine whoever volunteers to take delivery will be needing a fork to get the pallet off the truck. Something to consider.

Torrified wheat would be $80 I think.

Good point about the delivery. I'll look into this. Who did it last time?

Has anyone brewed with the Weyermanns Premium Pilsner malt not the Bo Pils or normal Pilsner malt? I hear its great stuff.

I'm in folks

Hey, any1 want to split a bag of Wheat Malt?

FHG

Hi,

Is it too late to add an order for a bag of Pils?

Cheers
Ben

Is it too late to add an order for a bag of Pils?

Not too late, ben. BB or Wey?

How about we make the cut off date for orders tomorrow night. Then I'll get the costs together and post them Friday morning. Payment by money transfer by Sunday night* and I'll order on Monday morning. Sound reasonable?

*If anybody has problems with this, just let me know by PM. I just can't cover the whole two and a half grand. :lol:

order update - pls check yours

1. Barls 1x ale 1x pils
2. Pumpy 1X BB ale 1X WPils 1X WeyMunich
3. gulpa 2xWeyBoPils, 1xWeyMunich1, 1xBBale
4. oldbugman 1-2 bags
5. whatswrongwith 1 x BB ale
6. killerrx4 2x BB ale, 1x BB wheat, 1x Wey munich1, 2x maris otter. Split bags?> 12.5kg Bairds med crystal, 12.5kg bairds torrified wheat.
7. mvzoom 1xale
8. floppinab 1xBB or local ale, 1x Wey Pils, the other half of crozdogs wheat, plus 1 half Wey Munich
9. mikem108 1xw munich
10. crozdog bag of JWM ale, 1 of Weyyerman vienna & possible half - 1 bag of JWM wheat
11. thomo 1x munich
12. kabooby 1xbb ale 1x 1/2 bag of Wey dark munich
13. redb : 1xbb ale, 1xWey munich, 1xWey BoPils
14. masher : 1 x wey prem pils, 1 x BB ale
15. Stuster: 1 x BB ale, 1 x BB pale, half wey munich, half wey mun. dark, 1/2 Bairds med crystal
16. Hogan: 1 x Wey. Dark Munich, 1 x Wey. Premium Pilsner
17. Alewife: 1 x Wey. Munich I, 1 x Baird's MO, dependent on price & pickup location
18. BenHobbs: 1x pils
19. fhgwgads: 1/2 x wheat ???

1. Barls 1x ale 1x pils
4. oldbugman 1-2 bags
6. killerrx4 2x BB ale, 1x BB wheat, 1x Wey munich1, 2x maris otter. Split bags?> 12.5kg Bairds med crystal, 12.5kg bairds torrified wheat.
7. mvzoom 1xale
8. floppinab 1xBB or local ale, 1x Wey Pils, the other half of crozdogs wheat, plus 1 half Wey Munich
9. mikem108 1xw munich
10. crozdog bag of JWM ale, 1 of Weyyerman vienna & possible half - 1 bag of JWM wheat
11. thomo 1x munich
15. Stuster: 1 x BB ale, 1 x BB pale, half wey munich, half wey mun. dark, 1/2 Bairds med crystal
17. Alewife: 1 x Wey. Munich I, 1 x Baird's MO, dependent on price & pickup location
19. fhgwgads: 1/2 x wheat ???
20. Insight: 1 x BB Pale, 1 x MO. Interested in splitting a bag of smoked malt.

1. Barls 1x ale 1x pils
4. oldbugman 1-2 bags
7. mvzoom 1xale
9. mikem108 1xw munich
11. thomo 1x munich
19. fhgwgads: 1 x BB ale, 1 x BB pale, 1/2 x wheat ???
20. Insight: 1 x BB Pale, 1 x MO. Interested in splitting a bag of smoked malt.
21. hophead: 1 W. Pils

Stuster,
If you order from 2 suppliers, then there will be 2 pickup points.
Those who ordered BB & Wey/ Bairds will have to travel to both.
Travel costs money (& time) & erodes the value of the buy.

You say that the Weyermann is slightly cheaper at Dave's, but dropping the qty on the pallet from Ross will increase unit freight costs from (165/36 =) $4.58 to approx (165/19 =) $8.68 per bag. An increase of about $4 per bag.

The only benefit is to those ordering Weyermann only, as far as I can see it.

Are you sure Dave can supply ALL the Weyermann products requested?
(in particular the Munich 1). If not, buyers will be hit twice with higher freight & slightly higher price from Ross due to this splitting of suppliers. Please reconsider.

Alewife

Alewife, there are benefits and drawbacks to getting it from one or both.

There don't have to be 2 pick up points. We can get them both delivered to the same place. (Nobody has volunteered for this yet. Anybody?)

Freight costs - we are up to more than 1 pallet now anyway if we got it all from Ross, and the order from Ross is up to 27 bags so will only be $1.40 more than if the pallet was full. If we got it all from Ross the freight would be slightly more. Dave assured me he can get anything in the Weyermann range.

In fact, now I go through the list, there really aren't any disadvantages to buying from two except to the poor mug who has to do two orders. :p

Stuster,
If you order from 2 suppliers, then there will be 2 pickup points.
Those who ordered BB & Wey/ Bairds will have to travel to both.
Travel costs money (& time) & erodes the value of the buy.

You say that the Weyermann is slightly cheaper at Dave's, but dropping the qty on the pallet from Ross will increase unit freight costs from (165/36 =) $4.58 to approx (165/19 =) $8.68 per bag. An increase of about $4 per bag.

The only benefit is to those ordering Weyermann only, as far as I can see it.

Are you sure Dave can supply ALL the Weyermann products requested?
(in particular the Munich 1). If not, buyers will be hit twice with higher freight & slightly higher price from Ross due to this splitting of suppliers. Please reconsider.

Alewife

TD thats Furymuff :p (Thats my way of saying fair enough) I get your point.

Stuster as mentioned in an earlier post I have a storage unit at Narellan that has a forklift. We are welcome to this as long as it is delivered during business hours. I may be able to get it held overnight and pick up could be on a Saturday but I would have to check. I would also want to make sure that all the grain is picked up at the same time.

Let me know. It may be to far from Sydney for some

Kabooby :)

kabooby, no need for a forklift. Narellan is probably too far for most, but thanks for the offer. Anybody closer to the beating heart of Sydney (ie the Inner West :p ) got space for 45 bags of grain to be delivered? :D

What about getting the load delivered to Daves shop? Would he be up for this, esspecially if we are getting most of it from him

Daves shop may be an option. At first I thought it would be a bit unethical but I think the grain we would be getting delivered he could not supply anyway.

Might just have to offer him a bottle of everyones finest :D

Ok, I haven't put my name down for any grain yet but I do have a mate whose garage/store we can use for drop off and pick up of grain.

He lives in Marrickville. Is this any good? It seems to me a fairly central location. A couple of provisos/suggestions:-

We organise for both deliveries to occur on a Friday arvo, that way I or someone else can get to his place to direct the truck.

ALL pickups occur within a few hours on the Saturday, I may need some help with the sorting etc.

There is a narrow laneway to get to the back of his house where the garage is, now he runs a Landscape business and has heaps of small trucks and Utes that can get down there but he reckons a 4 tonne truck would be about the limit. A forklift would be preferable to get the grain into the garage as a palate lifter would struggle as it is gravel outside the garage but I suppose we can just setup a chain and lift them in one-by one failing that - should only be about 60 bags so not too bad.

There may be better options, but the offer is there FWIW.

Oh, BTW put me down for 1 bag of BB pale and 1 BB Ale malt please

Just to be a pain, I am away from early April till the 20th. When is delivery likely to be?

Latest posts

Back