Is This The End?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is This The End?

• throw it out it. must be for someone else!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • f f f fire engine!

• hmmmmmm!

• Total voters
haha
i went to one with only oj. straight after it, all the guests just pissed off to the pub to celebrate and left the bridal "party" at the church.

weddings without booze?????

Man, that would be a long reception... lucky I have a family that knows the importance of alcohol at a wedding. The last one I went to had the coopers pale flowing constantly- hell, the father (my uncle) kept telling us to go to the bar to drink more!

For a moment there I thought 'Jayse' must have ventured down Cronulla way...

Shame all round. Why cant people discuss their differences over a beer? :blink:

And to quote derryn, shame australia, for old and new residents.

(Not beer related at all, but this day did not end well at all... :eek: )

And to make things worse, my coopers ale which i overloaded with liquid malt (supplied yeast cant tolerate too much like a trappist can) is yuck, too sweet. But you know what? i'l drink it cos i made it (that and the fact i dont think anyone else will!) :beerbang:

I've never been to an alcohol free wedding, thankfully. But I can see the other side of the equation. My wife's family is very religious, and doesn't drink. That doesn't stop us, merely makes us more restrained. We have a drink and enjoy ourselves, just don't make complete dickheads of ourselves.
It's all about balance and moderation, which obviously some sisters-in-law have no grasp of.

barfridge said:
I've never been to an alcohol free wedding, thankfully. But I can see the other side of the equation. My wife's family is very religious, and doesn't drink. That doesn't stop us, merely makes us more restrained. We have a drink and enjoy ourselves, just don't make complete dickheads of ourselves.
It's all about balance and moderation, which obviously some sisters-in-law have no grasp of.
[post="97043"][/post]​

Very well said, barf. I've always said that if I went to an wedding advertised as alcohol free I would not give them a present. I have not been presented with that situation yet, fortunately. I would however hang around till the end of the reception to explain to them why everyone had left, or just stick around out of morbid curiosity.

Jayse I hope the hangover has worn off by the day after tomorrow.

Latest posts

Back