Is This The End?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is This The End?

• throw it out it. must be for someone else!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • f f f fire engine!

• hmmmmmm!

• Total voters
jayse I think you have miss interprated the invite may be they mean YES DONT BRING ALCOHOL BECAUSE THERE GUNNA SUPPLY IT. :blink:

bugger em its your democratic right
but blue light disco's are alcohol free :lol:

I would bake a couple of 100 hash cookies call em anzac bickies and a big pride of SKUNK WOOD chocolate cake .and when there all off there tities they wont even care if you have a beer .
del

If it was me, I would just turn up with my own supply and wear the heat. Take your own glass, then they don't even have to wash up for you.

Unless the host was a recovering alcoholic.....but then you probably wouldn't have gotten the invite in the first place! :p

Cheers - Snow

KoNG said:
snipped>
the small print is obviously for YOU...!

[post="90626"][/post]​

Thats what has really got me seeing red.

SteveSA said:
snipped>
ridiculous.....
[post="90635"][/post]​

MAH said:
snipped>.... you choice is for a bevy or two.

[post="90636"][/post]​
Yeap, its looking like my sister in laws unhandy work. But really even holy ministers have wine with diner and possibly get drunker than I most nights. I still can't fathom the whole thing.
Iam gunna call up the brother incharge of keeping this sister inlaw in check and see what the bloody hell she's trying to say, or wether he's been well and truly placed with thumb print in his forhead. It shits me that people who choose not to drink think drinking is a means to get drunk and thats it, even if this show is for the young children in our family having a beer around the BBQ is much more normal everday behaviour than being told you can't.
The tension has already started and the show isn't for a few weeks yet.

DrewCarey82 said:
....... or that annoying uncle that literally latch's on your arm so you cant get away......

[post="90651"][/post]​

I know the ones, stories that are so dead boring and they always know a bit about every possible thing there is to know except any interesting stuff.
to be honest not drinking isn't a problem at all for me, being told in such a fashion 'no alcohol please' is.
Clearly iam not the one with the problem, oh well time to stop complaining and suck it up.

what is and what should never be
Jayse

ring 'em from the pub
"having a ball, wish you were here"
:)

get into 'em Jayse!

Just turn up with a keg or dozen or 2 of HB and drink away. Stuff em.

and then when the no alcohol culprit says: "What do you think you're doing!?"

you can reply with "Eat my arse!" and follow through with a big gulp of HB :beerbang:

Bring a few bottles and tell em it is non-alcoholic beer - brewed especially for the event!

Go all out and make a big statement.

Borrow Muga's new "portable" bar. Help him fit the engine he's planning on adding, and drive the ******* in at 60k, bringing it to a screaming stop next to the BBQ. You'll either spend the next few hours having a quiet drink with the more interesting rellies - or the family will schedule you !!

thats harsh,

my old man gets the upset if i don't show up with homebrew to family functions :)

Get home brewing declared a religion, then take 'em to court for discrimination.

My wife has the right idea. The invites for our Christmas party said "BYO alcohol unless you like Col's homebrew."

jayse said:
This day did not end well!

Jayse
[post="96884"][/post]​

Bloody Philistines... Bloody wowsers.... (insert more rantings)

Jayse, We understand that you fell on your sword for the cause.

Bravo!

M

Rush rule dude :beer:

get a new family

this sister in law sounds like a real joy to be around.

to exact revenge, host a family gathering with a 'no control freak' clause pinned to the invite.

what happened?
I don't really won't to post here what exactly happened but if you have seen the jerry springer show before you may have some idea.

Bury my bones on the moon
Jayse

Went to a wedding about 5 years ago with no grog :blink: true! not a drop to be seen [I thought] untill the guys smuggled in a large esky in the boot of a car in the carpark :) It was amazing how many people turned up in the carpark at the reception, and it was restocked more then a couple of times :D inside they had jugs of cordial on the tables. Boring <_<

It is kinda the same for my wifes side... they may have a few lite beers, but never get plastered. Not as strict as it seems for you.

My side of the family is the complete opposite. Bunch of piss heads. Imagine the culture shock!

Was a little later I found out that the reason behind the lite drinking inlaws was recovering alcoholic/drug addictions. Turned them all off drinking I guess. It got really ugly for them. But then again they have started to enjoy a beer or two when the problem drinkers are not around.

My grandfather always said: "Never trust anyone that won't have a beer with you."

Hope it works out mate

Back